Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Downgrade kernel version with yum Post 302540861 by Hannibal2010 on Thursday 21st of July 2011 09:22:57 PM
Old 07-21-2011
Dear verdepollo

Thanks for your help

I tried your command, but it reports: No package kernel-2.6.12 available

Can you give me a working mirror link to install kernel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

kernel version

Hi all, anyone know what should be the kernel version for red hat linux enterprise 3 update 3 . I have installed kernel version is 2.4.21-4 and some says that it may not be the red hat linux enterprise 3 update 3 . :o thanks Bert (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bert.n
4 Replies

2. Solaris

How can i see kernel patch version?

Hello experts. How can i see kernel patch version? what are advantages applying that patch? Thanx in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

3. Debian

how to find out the kernel version of a particular debian release ?

Is there any metrics table available somewhere listing out, which kernel version is there in particular debian release ? Also, can somebody tell which debian release is having the kernel version 2.6.26 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Incorrect kernel version (why).

ps -A | grep firefox | kill `awk '{print $1}'` Warning: /boot/System.map-2.6.35.11-83.fc14.x86_64 has an incorrect kernel version. The command have succeeded but with the warning. The command before the previous one had not been successful. But there was also this warning. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
1 Replies

5. Solaris

about the Kernel version ?!!

Hi All I have the below information ... and I want to know how to get the lats Kernel version ? and is this Kernel version SunOS 5.10 Generic_147440-13 last version or what ? - Hostname: server1 Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roooooot
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Specify version in yum update

Hello All, I am trying to upgrade redhat from 5.6 to 5.8. When i use Code: yum update -y it installs 5.9 I dont want 5.9, instead i would like to upgrade to 5.8 is there anyway to specify a version when you are doing Code: yum update (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adam25ca
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

Kernel version required for installing KVM

Hi friends, I have a created a RHEL 6.4 for installing KVM in Virtual box. My machine is a 64 bit, but virtual box was not allowing to install x86_64 version RHEL. So I had to install 32 bit i686 version of RHEL. The kernel came with the CD was 2.6.32-358.el6.i686. But KVM doesnt support... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyam2j
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to downgrade cygwin to a part. version?

I'd like to compile gxemul under cygwin, Here a nice guy who ported the source code, but the prerequisites are needing the exact versions of the libraries https://github.com/fd00/yacp/tree/master/gxemul If I download the setup.exe from canonical cygwin web site, it automatically installs me the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux kernel version comparision method

Hi All, I am preparing a precheck script for my oracle DB installation. I am setting an expected version value, actual version can be greater than the expected version or equal to it. I am using the below logic to test this. expected=2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 received=$(uname -r) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
5 Replies

10. HP-UX

Regarding firmware and kernel version of HP-UX systems.

Dear All, Please help to find out the patch and firmware versions in HP-UX systems. as uname -r is showing os version and uname -a HP-UX xxxxxx B.11.23 U 9000/800 2781427196 unlimited-user license. Kindly help to find out the existing Kernel and firmware versions. Also I need to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
3 Replies
KERNEL-INSTALL(8)						  kernel-install						 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)

NAME
kernel-install - Add and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot SYNOPSIS
kernel-install COMMAND KERNEL-VERSION [KERNEL-IMAGE] DESCRIPTION
kernel-install is used to install and remove kernel and initramfs images to and from /boot. kernel-install will execute the files located in the directory /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/ and the local administration directory /etc/kernel/install.d/. All files are collectively sorted and executed in lexical order, regardless of the directory in which they live. However, files with identical filenames replace each other. Files in /etc/kernel/install.d/ take precedence over files with the same name in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/. This can be used to override a system-supplied executables with a local file if needed; a symbolic link in /etc/kernel/install.d/ with the same name as an executable in /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/, pointing to /dev/null, disables the executable entirely. Executables must have the extension ".install"; other extensions are ignored. An executable should return 0 on success. It may also return 77 to cause the whole operation to terminate (executables later in lexical order will be skipped). COMMANDS
The following commands are understood: add KERNEL-VERSION KERNEL-IMAGE kernel-install creates the directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ and calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments add KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ KERNEL-IMAGE The kernel-install plugin 50-depmod.install runs depmod for the KERNEL-VERSION. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install copies KERNEL-IMAGE to /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/linux. It also creates a boot loader entry according to the boot loader specification in /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. The title of the entry is the PRETTY_NAME parameter specified in /etc/os-release or /usr/lib/os-release (if the former is missing), or "Linux KERNEL-VERSION", if unset. If the file initrd is found next to the linux file, the initrd will be added to the configuration. remove KERNEL-VERSION Calls executables from /usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install and /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install with the arguments remove KERNEL-VERSION /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ kernel-install removes the entire directory /boot/MACHINE-ID/KERNEL-VERSION/ afterwards. The kernel-install plugin 90-loaderentry.install removes the file /boot/loader/entries/MACHINE-ID-KERNEL-VERSION.conf. EXIT STATUS
If every executable returns 0 or 77, 0 is returned, and a non-zero failure code otherwise. FILES
/usr/lib/kernel/install.d/*.install /etc/kernel/install.d/*.install Drop-in files which are executed by kernel-install. /etc/kernel/cmdline /proc/cmdline The content of the file /etc/kernel/cmdline specifies the kernel command line to use. If that file does not exist, /proc/cmdline is used. /etc/machine-id The content of the file specifies the machine identification MACHINE-ID. /etc/os-release /usr/lib/os-release The content of the file specifies the operating system title PRETTY_NAME. SEE ALSO
machine-id(5), os-release(5), Boot loader specification[1] NOTES
1. Boot loader specification https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Specifications/BootLoaderSpec systemd 237 KERNEL-INSTALL(8)