Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device eth0 issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Device eth0 issue Post 302539726 by Corona688 on Monday 18th of July 2011 01:31:38 PM
Old 07-18-2011
It means what it says, it doesn't see an eth0 device.

What does ls /sys/class/net show?

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Eth err: "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present"

HI, When I do 'service network restart' , I am getting the following error. "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization" Can any one suggest me the cause/solution for this? When I do 'lspci' it is showing the ehternet card as " Ethernet controller"Marvell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Global device issue in sun cluster3.2

In my 2 node cluster (sun cluster3.2) running on x86 VMs. One of my nodes VM1 does not have the global devices populated due to which i cannot failover my file system to node VM1 , what could be the reason for this and how can i rectify it ? VM1:/>cd /dev/global -bash: cd: /dev/global: No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
IP-NTABLE(8)							       Linux							      IP-NTABLE(8)

NAME
ip-ntable - neighbour table configuration SYNOPSIS
ip [ OPTIONS ] address { COMMAND | help } ip ntable change name NAME [ dev DEV ] PARMS PARMS := { thresh1 VAL | thresh2 VAL | thresh3 VAL | gc_int MSEC | base_reachable MSEC | retrans MSEC | gc_stale MSEC | delay_probe MSEC | queue LEN | app_probs VAL | ucast_probes VAL | mcast_probes VAL | anycast_delay MSEC | proxy_delay MSEC | proxy_queue LEN | locktime MSEC } ip ntable show [ dev DEV ] [ name NAME ] DESCRIPTION
ip ntable controls the parameters for the neighbour tables. ip ntable show - list the ip neighbour tables This commands displays neighbour table parameters and statistics. dev DEV only list the table attached to this device. name NAME only lists the table with the given name. ip ntable change - modify table parameter This command allows modifying table parameters such as timers and queue lengths. name NAME the name of the table to modify. dev DEV the name of the device to modify the table values. EXAMPLES
ip ntable show dev eth0 Shows the neighbour table (IPv4 ARP and IPv6 ndisc) parameters on device eth0. ip ntable change name arp_cache queue 8 dev eth0 Changes the number of packets queued while address is being resolved from the default value (3) to 8 packets. SEE ALSO
ip(8) AUTHOR
Manpage by Stephen Hemminger iproute2 20 Dec 2011 IP-NTABLE(8)