Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device eth0 issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Device eth0 issue Post 302539705 by Duffs22 on Monday 18th of July 2011 12:18:21 PM
Old 07-18-2011
Device eth0 issue

Hi,

I have just installed RHEL 5.4 on a BL430c-class server and I am attempting to connect to the network only when I try and start eth0, I get the following error?

"Bringing up Interface eth0: hp device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization."

I am using a HP Ethernet Pass Thru Module on the back of my enclosure to connect.

R,
D.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Eth err: "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present"

HI, When I do 'service network restart' , I am getting the following error. "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization" Can any one suggest me the cause/solution for this? When I do 'lspci' it is showing the ehternet card as " Ethernet controller"Marvell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Global device issue in sun cluster3.2

In my 2 node cluster (sun cluster3.2) running on x86 VMs. One of my nodes VM1 does not have the global devices populated due to which i cannot failover my file system to node VM1 , what could be the reason for this and how can i rectify it ? VM1:/>cd /dev/global -bash: cd: /dev/global: No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
aoe-stat(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       aoe-stat(8)

NAME
aoe-stat - print aoe device status report SYNOPSIS
modprobe aoe aoe-stat env sysfs_dir=/sys aoe-stat DESCRIPTION
The aoe-stat script collects information on ATA over Ethernet devices from sysfs. For each AoE device the kernel has discovered, there is one row in the script's output. Each row has the following columns. devicename The device name is of the form eX.Y, with X being the AoE device shelf address, and Y being the AoE slot address. size The size of the AoE device is in gigabytes (billions of bytes). ifname The network interface name is printed in the third column. payload The number of bytes read from or written to the storage target in each AoE packet appears in the fourth column, unless the aoe driver does not export this information. status The device status is in the last column. Possible values are up, down, and down,closewait. The "up" status means the aoe driver considers this device ready for I/O. The "down" status means the opposite. The "down,closewait" status means that some software still has the device open, and when this straggler closes the device, it will enter the "down" state. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
If the sysfs_dir variable is set in the environment, it will override the default location where aoe-stat will look for sysfs, namely /sys. WARNINGS
If the minor device number of a device node does not match that of its namesake, aoe-stat will print a warning as shown below. nai:~# aoe-stat e0.3 0.104GB eth0 up e0.4 4398.046GB eth0 up e20.0 1000.215GB eth0 up e42.0 2000.431GB eth0 up aoe-stat Warning: device node /dev/etherd/e45.1 has wrong minor device number e45.1 1152.874GB eth0 up Using such a device node is dangerous, because its name doesn't match the actual device that you would be reading from and writing to. Such a broken device node should be removed. Device nodes are created by udev or (on systems without udev) by aoe-mkdevs. EXAMPLE
In this example, the root user on a host named nai loads the aoe driver module and then prints a list of all the available aoe devices. Then he remembers to bring up the storage network interfaces, does an AoE discovery, and prints the list again. This time the list shows all the devices in shelf seven. nai:~# modprobe aoe nai:~# aoe-stat nai:~# ifconfig eth3 up nai:~# aoe-discover nai:~# aoe-stat e0.0 10995.116GB eth0 up e0.1 10995.116GB eth0 up e0.2 10995.116GB eth0 up e1.0 1152.874GB eth0 up e7.0 370.566GB eth0 up nai:~# SEE ALSO
aoe-discover(8), aoe-interfaces(8), aoe-mkdevs(8), aoe-mkshelf(8), aoetools(8), udev(7). AUTHOR
Ed L. Cashin (ecashin@coraid.com) aoe-stat(8)