Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Device eth0 issue
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Device eth0 issue Post 302539705 by Duffs22 on Monday 18th of July 2011 12:18:21 PM
Old 07-18-2011
Device eth0 issue

Hi,

I have just installed RHEL 5.4 on a BL430c-class server and I am attempting to connect to the network only when I try and start eth0, I get the following error?

"Bringing up Interface eth0: hp device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization."

I am using a HP Ethernet Pass Thru Module on the back of my enclosure to connect.

R,
D.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Eth err: "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present"

HI, When I do 'service network restart' , I am getting the following error. "3c501 device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization" Can any one suggest me the cause/solution for this? When I do 'lspci' it is showing the ehternet card as " Ethernet controller"Marvell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
2 Replies

2. AIX

How to find all device on p570 when need do device firmware upgrade?

I need upgrade firmware for the device of p570, when I go to IBM FIX download website, there are a lot of device of p570 listed. How can I know what device I have on my p570? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Global device issue in sun cluster3.2

In my 2 node cluster (sun cluster3.2) running on x86 VMs. One of my nodes VM1 does not have the global devices populated due to which i cannot failover my file system to node VM1 , what could be the reason for this and how can i rectify it ? VM1:/>cd /dev/global -bash: cd: /dev/global: No... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

Unable To Activate Ethernet Network Device in RHEL 5.5 - e100 device eth0 does not seem to be presen

Hi All, Could anyone please help to resolve the below problem. I installed RHEL5.5 in my desktop.But when i try to activate the ethernet connection then it gives me the error. I spent 2 days for the above and go through with several suggestion found by googling. But no luck. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanmoy
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

Failed to open tape device /dev/rmt/0mn:Device busy (errno = 16)

Hi, Unable to make tape backup, please help. /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery -a /dev/rmt/?mn -I -v -m tar -x inc_entire=vg00 * Creating local directories for configuration files and archive. ======= 04/25/16 16:28:08 IST Started /opt/ignite/bin/make_tape_recovery. (Mon... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragr
4 Replies
PPPOE-RELAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    PPPOE-RELAY(8)

NAME
pppoe-relay - user-space PPPoE relay agent. SYNOPSIS
pppoe-relay [options] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-relay is a user-space relay agent for PPPoE (Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet) for Linux. pppoe-relay works in concert with the pppoe client and pppoe-server server. See the OPERATION section later in this manual for details on how pppoe-relay works. OPTIONS
-S interface Adds the Ethernet interface interface to the list of interfaces managed by pppoe-relay. Only PPPoE servers may be connected to this interface. -C interface Adds the Ethernet interface interface to the list of interfaces managed by pppoe-relay. Only PPPoE clients may be connected to this interface. -B interface Adds the Ethernet interface interface to the list of interfaces managed by pppoe-relay. Both PPPoE clients and servers may be con- nected to this interface. -n num Allows at most num concurrent PPPoE sessions. If not specified, the default is 5000. num can range from 1 to 65534. -i timeout Specifies the session idle timeout. If both peers in a session are idle for more than timeout seconds, the session is terminated. If timeout is specified as zero, sessions will never be terminated because of idleness. Note that the idle-session expiry routine is never run more frequently than every 30 seconds, so the timeout is approximate. The default value for timeout is 600 seconds (10 minutes.) -F The -F option causes pppoe-relay not to fork into the background; instead, it remains in the foreground. -h The -h option prints a brief usage message and exits. OPERATION
pppoe-relay listens for incoming PPPoE PADI frames on all interfaces specified with -B or -C options. When a PADI frame appears, pppoe- relay adds a Relay-Session-ID tag and broadcasts the PADI on all interfaces specified with -B or -S options (except the interface on which the frame arrived.) Any PADO frames received are relayed back to the client which sent the PADI (assuming they contain valid Relay-Session-ID tags.) Likewise, PADR frames from clients are relayed back to the matching access concentrator. When a PADS frame is received, pppoe-relay enters the two peers' MAC addresses and session-ID's into a hash table. (The session-ID seen by the access concentrator may be different from that seen by the client; pppoe-relay must renumber sessions to avoid the possibility of duplicate session-ID's.) Whenever either peer sends a session frame, pppoe-relay looks up the session entry in the hash table and relays the frame to the correct peer. When a PADT frame is received, pppoe-relay relays it to the peer and deletes the session entry from its hash table. If a client and server crash (or frames are lost), PADT frames may never be sent, and pppoe-relay's hash table can fill up with stale ses- sions. Therefore, a session-cleaning routine runs periodically, and removes old sessions from the hash table. A session is considered "old" if no traffic has been seen within timeout seconds. When a session is deleted because of a timeout, a PADT frame is sent to each peer to make certain that they are aware the session has been killed. EXAMPLE INVOCATIONS
pppoe-relay -C eth0 -S eth1 The example above relays frames between PPPoE clients on the eth0 network and PPPoE servers on the eth1 network. pppoe-relay -B eth0 -B eth1 This example is a transparent relay -- frames are relayed between any mix of clients and servers on the eth0 and eth1 networks. pppoe-relay -S eth0 -C eth1 -C eth2 -C eth3 This example relays frames between servers on the eth0 network and clients on the eth1, eth2 and eth3 networks. AUTHORS
pppoe-relay was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppoe-connect(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe(8), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe- server(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 26 January 2001 PPPOE-RELAY(8)