Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris config files syntax
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris config files syntax Post 302539279 by Smiling Dragon on Saturday 16th of July 2011 07:50:36 AM
Old 07-16-2011
It's also worth remembering that someone else could have edited this value, then later commented it out Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Losing IP config on reboot of Solaris 8

After a reboot my ifconfig -a has nothing but 0.0.0.0 have to reinput my IP and default route, what makes the info save? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jo calamine
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Printer Config for Solaris 5.9

Hi All, Am Trying to configure a Network Printer (HP Laser Jet 4250n) Printer Name hari for a Solaris 5.9 server. Output of lpstat: root: lpstat -t scheduler is running no system default destination device for hari: /dev/null hari accepting requests since Mon Jul 28 10:38:51 2008... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efunds
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Samba config file syntax

I hope I'm posting in the right forum. In the samba config file smb.conf in the global settings area... we currently have a domain in the workgroup section as workgroup = domain_name I want to add another domain name to allow attaching to samba. What is the syntax to add another domain... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AWSeeker
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Raid config on Jumpstart (Solaris 10

Hi there, I was wondering if it is possible to include a RAID configuration in my Solaris 10 Jumpstart files, so that I don't have to manually set up RAID on all my machines. Thanks P.S. I started messing around with Solaris only a week back, so if I sound like a complete idiot, you know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iman453
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

6. Solaris

AutoFs Config in Solaris 10

Hi, i'm new to Solaris ,i have this task which need to be completedand i couldn't find a way .The peoblem is i have a Server-A and Server-B i need to automount a folder in Server-b to Server-A for permanently .i've found only auto_master and auto_home(in /etc no auto.misc like linux) and what are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list of important config files in solaris 10

Hi all, I am going to reitre one solaris 10 server soon. What are the important config files to backup in case if i want to check how this system was setup (need list in general) ? Thanks! in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update config file using shell script in Solaris 5.10

hi I need to update the value in config.txt value using shell script example: lets say a value in config.txt file is as SEQUENCE=1 after some iteration as the loop ends , the SEQUENCE should get update in the config.txt file with a new value of SEQUENCE=2. also , can anyone please help me... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravidwivedi2288
7 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies
GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)						    Git Manual							 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)

NAME
git-stripspace - Remove unnecessary whitespace SYNOPSIS
git stripspace [-s | --strip-comments] < input DESCRIPTION
Clean the input in the manner used by Git for text such as commit messages, notes, tags and branch descriptions. With no arguments, this will: o remove trailing whitespace from all lines o collapse multiple consecutive empty lines into one empty line o remove empty lines from the beginning and end of the input o add a missing to the last line if necessary. In the case where the input consists entirely of whitespace characters, no output will be produced. NOTE: This is intended for cleaning metadata, prefer the --whitespace=fix mode of git-apply(1) for correcting whitespace of patches or files in the repository. OPTIONS
-s, --strip-comments Skip and remove all lines starting with comment character (default #). -c, --comment-lines Prepend comment character and blank to each line. Lines will automatically be terminated with a newline. On empty lines, only the comment character will be prepended. EXAMPLES
Given the following noisy input with $ indicating the end of a line: |A brief introduction $ | $ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line $ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out. $ | $ |The end.$ | $ Use git stripspace with no arguments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |# with a commented-out line$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |# An old paragraph, also commented-out.$ |$ |The end.$ Use git stripspace --strip-comments to obtain: |A brief introduction$ |$ |A new paragraph$ |explaining lots of stuff.$ |$ |The end.$ GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.8.3.1 06/10/2014 GIT-STRIPSPACE(1)