Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix hands on
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix hands on Post 302536740 by pludi on Wednesday 6th of July 2011 06:49:42 AM
Old 07-06-2011
Please search the forums for questions similar to yours first. This one has been answered many, many times before.

Some keywords: vmware, virtualbox, download solaris, download linux
This User Gave Thanks to pludi For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Hands on Support

Check this link. Its Sun Solaris Docs link that place all sorts of Materials in it. From Hands on Support materials Etc. Quite intresting. Sun OS Hands on Docs. :cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: killerserv
1 Replies

2. AIX

Hands On Learning - AIX

Hi all, I am interested in your opinions of the best way to get hands-on security experience with AIX. I am proficient with most linux flavors on intel, but need to get familiar with AIX. Any ideas on how to get some hands-on without lumping out $4Gs for a used RS/6000? Thanks EW (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ewelsh
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need hands-on skill.

Can someone help me get into a UNIX server so I can get some hands-on skills? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FernandesE74
3 Replies

4. AIX

New to AIX and got my hands on a RS6000 v.need help getting it on the network

So im fairly new to AIX and my knowledge is very, very limited but i got my hands on an RS6000 43P model and im trying to get it on the network so i can access it from work. I have pretty much tried everything i can/know how to do by reading up as much as i can but im still lost. I have the 43P... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: IIIII
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Help me, please! Solaris 10 hands-off installation from a bootable DVD

Hello, I have a problem with installing the Solaris 10 using a bootable DVD with a flar archive. I want this installation to be totally hands-off, but unfortunately after I run this boot command at the ok prompt: ok boot cdrom - install ... the system is rebooted and the interactive... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Is here anyone hands on in Linux Bare Metal Restore..??

Hi all, I am working on Linux Bare Metal Restore in which i have few things to be discussed with a person who has his/her hands on in that process. If anyone kindly give a reply post in this thread.. :) :) Thanks Selva (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvarajvs
3 Replies
Net::LDAPI(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     Net::LDAPI(3)

NAME
Net::LDAPI - use LDAP over a UNIX domain socket SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAPI; $ldapi = Net::LDAPI->new('/var/run/ldapi'); # alternate way use Net::LDAP; $ldapi = Net::LDAP->new('ldapi://'); DESCRIPTION
Communicate using the LDAP protocol to a directory server using a UNIX domain socket. This mechanism is non-standard, UNIX-specific and not widely supported. All the normal "Net::LDAP" methods can be used with a "Net::LDAPI" object; see Net::LDAP for details. CONSTRUCTOR
new ( [SOCKPATH] ) Create a new connection. SOCKPATH can optionally be specified, to specify the location of the UNIX domain socket to connect to. If SOCKPATH is not given, the environment variable "LDAPI_SOCK" is evaluated, and if that does not exist, the value "/var/run/ldapi" is used. See "new" in Net::LDAP for further details. SEE ALSO
Net::LDAP, IO::Socket::UNIX BUGS
None yet. AUTHOR
Derrik Pates <dpates@dsdk12.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2004, Derrik Pates and Graham Barr. All rights reserved. This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-06 Net::LDAPI(3)