Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: LDAP client issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users LDAP client issue Post 302536219 by frank_rizzo on Monday 4th of July 2011 01:38:37 PM
Old 07-04-2011
set the loglevel and check the logs after restarting.

Chapter 6 LDAP Configuration

also try using the ldapsearch verbose options.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX v5.3 LDAP CLIENT and AD

Has anyone successfully authenticated unix users via Active Directory using LDAP client on AIX v5.2 or v5.3?? ldapsearch from our unix box retrieves info from AD but having trouble authenticating unix id when I logon - get a msg ': 3004-318 Error obtaining the user's password information'. Not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DANNYC
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ldap client fails to start under solaris 10

I have an issue here with ldap client. It stoped and won't start. What I have got: sadm $ tail /var/adm/messages Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 Mesg: Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' (''). Apr 16 09:17:24 hostname inetd: libsldap: Status: 2 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
3 Replies

3. Solaris

LDAP client config.

Hi Gurus I am a novice in LDAP and need to configure an LDAP client(Solaris 10). The client has to bind to an AD for LDAP queries. I have created a user called testbind in AD for binding purpose. I am planning to configure LDAP client manually(as the requirement is as such). This is the... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
16 Replies

4. AIX

Where to download ldap.client lpp

Hello, I am trying to configure an AIX machina to authenticate against a Windows 2003 AD, and I am desesperately trying to find the ldap.client lpp in the internet. I am using AIX 5.3 and I don't have access to the DVD media, please help! Thankyou, Tiago (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiagoskid
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Empty LDAP client file

Hi All, I am getting one strange problem of empty LDAP_client_ file. There was one /var 100% overload issue few days back. After that we are observing this new issue. I got to know about similar issue SunSolve Bug ID 6495683 - “LDAP client files & cred files are deleted when /var is full”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ailnilanjan
1 Replies

6. Solaris

LDAP client config GSSAPI

Configure ldap client: I have configured my ldapclient with the AuthenticationMethod=simple and with the credentialLevel=proxy. However, as soon as i want to set the AuthenticationMethod=sasl/GSSAPI, and credentiallevel=self, then it fails to configure. Kerberos is already setup successfully. The... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Henk Trumpie
0 Replies

7. AIX

LDAP authentication client issue

Hi, I am trying to authenticate AIX server against a IDS LDAP instance. The AIX version is 6.1 and TDS client is 6.1. I configured the secldapclntd using ldap.cfg file and changed /etc/security/user to set SYSTEM=LDAP, registry=LDAP for one user. Below are the ldap.cfg configurations - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vs1
5 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.2 ldap client AD

I have been able to configure on an AIX 5.2 ldap.cfg so service starts correctly. but when I try to log on with a windows user after entering the password login hangs and get no response. I have set it up on Aix 5.3 with no problem but in Aix 5.2 I have not been able to log in. ldap.cfg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: laxtnog
1 Replies

9. Solaris

LDAP server and client configuration in Solaris 10

How do i install ldap server and client in solaris server how to configure ldap server and client please help me (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ainstin
1 Replies

10. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
LDAP_URL(3)						     Library Functions Manual						       LDAP_URL(3)

NAME
ldap_is_ldap_url, ldap_url_parse, ldap_free_urldesc, ldap_url_search, ldap_url_search_s, ldap_url_search_st - LDAP Uniform Resource Locator routines SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_is_ldap_url( url ) char *url; int ldap_url_parse( url, ludpp ) char *url; LDAPURLDesc **ludpp; typedef struct ldap_url_desc { char * lud_scheme; /* URI scheme */ char lud_host; /* LDAP host to contact */ int lud_port; /* port on host */ char * lud_dn; /* base for search */ char ** lud_attrs; /* list of attributes */ int lud_scope; /* a LDAP_SCOPE_... value */ char * lud_filter; /* LDAP search filter */ char ** lud_exts; /* LDAP extensions */ /* may contain additional fields for internal use */ } LDAPURLDesc; ldap_free_urldesc( ludp ) LDAPURLDesc *ludp; int ldap_url_search( ld, url, attrsonly ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; int ldap_url_search_s( ld, url, attrsonly, res ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; LDAPMessage **res; int ldap_url_search_st( ld, url, attrsonly, timeout, res ) LDAP *ld; char *url; int attrsonly; struct timeval *timeout; LDAPMessage **res; DESCRIPTION
These routines support the use of LDAP URLs (Uniform Resource Locators) as detailed in RFC 2255. LDAP URLs look like this: ldap://hostport/dn[?attrs[?scope[?filter[?exts]]]] where: hostport is a host name with an optional ":portnumber" dn is the search base attrs is a comma separated list of attributes to request scope is one of these three strings: base one sub (default=base) filter is filter exts are recognized set of LDAP and/or API extensions. Example: ldap://ldap.example.net/dc=example,dc=net?cn,sn?sub?(cn=*) URLs that are wrapped in angle-brackets and/or preceded by "URL:" are also tolerated. Alternative schemes such as ldaps:// and ldapi:// may be parsed using the below routines as well. ldap_is_ldap_url() returns a non-zero value if url looks like an LDAP URL (as opposed to some other kind of URL). It can be used as a quick check for an LDAP URL; the ldap_url_parse() routine should be used if a more thorough check is needed. ldap_url_parse() breaks down an LDAP URL passed in url into its component pieces. If successful, zero is returned, an LDAP URL description is allocated, filled in, and ludpp is set to point to it. If an error occurs, a non-zero URL error code is returned. ldap_free_urldesc() should be called to free an LDAP URL description that was obtained from a call to ldap_url_parse(). ldap_url_search() initiates an asynchronous LDAP search based on the contents of the url string. This routine acts just like ldap_search(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. ldap_url_search_s() performs a synchronous LDAP search based on the contents of the url string. This routine acts just like ldap_search_s(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. ldap_url_search_st() performs a synchronous LDAP URL search with a specified timeout. This routine acts just like ldap_search_st(3) except that many search parameters are pulled out of the URL. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_search(3) The LDAP URL Format, RFC 2255, Tim Howes and Mark Smith, December 1997. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project (http://www.openldap.org/). OpenLDAP is derived from University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2.0.27-Release 17 October 2000 LDAP_URL(3)