Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: xterm problem?
Operating Systems Linux Slackware xterm problem? Post 302534076 by yazu on Monday 27th of June 2011 12:58:10 AM
Old 06-27-2011
Where is your real terminfo db? (try locate -b terminfo or locate -b xterm). One possible place is /lib/terminfo.

"xterm" on xfce is the right value for $TERM.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm trivia

Thanks Livin Free... Here's another one... Why is it that I always get the error message "Error: Can't open display:" in my mail whenever I execute or try to call an xterm command using cron to activate the command. What did I miss? Thanks in advance UNIX gurus... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xterm

Guys: Anyone have ideas on where can I get information or references if I want to learn on how to program with UNIX GUIs? If you do have ideas please let me know. Its a big help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jfsuminist
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

xterm colors

I'm a new user to unix and I want to be able to pick and choose different xterm colors via 3rd botton menu. I'm currently pico'd into my .fvwm2rc file and this is what I have under my bottons: Please advise ############ # Button 1 #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blica777
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

Would someone tell me how to save changes in xterm once I've made them using the program options? For example, I type: xterm -bg red and my console window changes color. But how can I now make this attribute save, so that it becomes the default when I relaunch xterm? Any help you can offer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: af6
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm?

Hello all, This is a lame question because I have been working with unix for some years now, but anyway here it is; What is an xterm? ivo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

xterm help?

I want to add a title to this xterm window but cannot figure out how. Can anybody assist with this? xterm +sb -geom 80x25 -ls -tn xterms -tm "intr ^q" -name unikix -e $UNIKIX/bin/unikixl (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: douknownam
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

xterm

hi I'm trying to launch admintool via an export DISPLAY. that is i am doing a rlogin to serverB from serverA. i did the command export DISPLAY=serverA:0 but it prompted me the error DISPLAY=serverA:0: is not an identifier i have searched the forum but there is not much things on this error... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Xterm problem on Solaris 10

I apologize but didn't find an answer in the Discussions. I use an Exceed xterm just fine with Solaris 8 but it fails to connect to Solaris 10 server: Xterm command line: DISPLAY=@d;export DISPLAY;/usr/openwin/bin/xterm Failure message: "Unable to connect to host using specified start... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusejj
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm & tcsh & sourcing a script in a single command

Hi friends, I have a script that sets the env variable path based on different conditions. Now the new path variable setting should not done in the same terminal or same shell. Only a new terminal or new shell should have the new path env variable set. I am able to do this only as follows: >cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sowmya005
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with xterm scrollbar

I have a xterm window opening from my Java code. This xterm is opened from the code in this manner: // to run shell command in a xterm window public synchronized void rshd(String title, String commd) { String xt = "xterm -sb -T "; String xtm = xt + title + " -e " + commd; Runtime run =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanz
1 Replies
infotocap(1M)															     infotocap(1M)

NAME
infotocap - convert a terminfo description into a termcap description SYNOPSIS
infotocap [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
infotocap looks in each given text file for terminfo descriptions. For each terminfo description found, an equivalent termcap description is written to standard output. Terminfo use capabilities are translated directly to termcap tc capabilities. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic, running in -C mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. SEE ALSO
curses(3X), tic(1M), infocmp(1M), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20130511). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> and Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net> infotocap(1M)