Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing "Hidden Characters" on a file Post 302533189 by guruprasadpr on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 03:12:04 AM
Old 06-23-2011
Hi

Code:
sed -e 's/InterUnit\$/InterUnit/g'  file.csv > file2.csv

Guru
This User Gave Thanks to guruprasadpr For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File names that contain "01" act hidden

Haveing an issue. Anytime a file is created with "01" (zero one) in the name - it cannot be viewed by LS or any other file listing command. Although the file is there, it cannot be seen. I can edit it, run it, anything, except see it..... What happened? Any ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: n9ninchd
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove "New line characters" and "spaces" at a time

Dear friends, following is the output of a script from which I want to remove spaces and new-line characters. Example:- Line1 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz Line2 mnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijkl Line3 opqrstuvwxyzabcdefdefg Here in above example, at every starting line there is a “tab” &... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
4 Replies

3. Solaris

removing "/" file system from solaris volume

Hi all, I have created a volume for the root device as d0 and the sub mirror for same is d10. the output from metastat d0 is as below I want to clear these volume , as i cant unmount the "/ " file system , please suggest as how can i clear this. Also the required entries are there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing special characeter "~V" in a unix file

I have the Unix XML file as below: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <ReportData version="1.0"><DisplayName>Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap - Hybrids</DisplayName><ReportType>MgmtTradingReport</ReportType><Description>Management Trading... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing "^M" from the end of a String (i.e. "Ctrl+M")?

Hello All, I have an Expect script that ssh's to a remote server and runs some commands before exiting. One of the commands I run is the "hostname" Command. After I run this command I save the output using this line in the code below... Basically it executes the hostname command, then I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates on a single "column" (delimited file)

Hello ! I'm quite new to linux but haven't found a script to do this task, unfortunately my knowledge is quite limited on shellscripts... Could you guys help me removing the duplicate lines of a file, based only on a single "column"? For example: M202034357;01/2008;J30RJ021;Ciclo 01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rufinofr
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
csv(n)								  CSV processing							    csv(n)

NAME
csv - Procedures to handle CSV data. SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.3 package require csv ?0.3? ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} DESCRIPTION
The csv package provides commands to manipulate information in CSV FORMAT (CSV = Comma Separated Values). COMMANDS
The following commands are available: ::csv::join values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::joinlist values {sepChar ,} Takes a list of lists of values and returns a string in CSV format containing these values. The separator character can be defined by the caller, but this is optional. The default is ",". Each element of the outer list is considered a record, these are separated by newlines in the result. The elements of each record are formatted as usual (via ::csv::join). ::csv::read2matrix chan m {sepChar ,} {expand none} A wrapper around ::csv::split2matrix (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given matrix. For an explanation of the expand argument see ::csv::split2matrix. ::csv::read2queue chan q {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::split2queue (see below) reading CSV-formatted lines from the specified channel (until EOF) and adding them to the given queue. ::csv::report cmd matrix ?chan? A report command which can be used by the matrix methods format 2string and format 2chan. For the latter this command delegates the work to ::csv::writematrix. cmd is expected to be either printmatrix or printmatrix2channel. The channel argument, chan, has to be present for the latter and must not be present for the first. ::csv::split line {sepChar ,} converts a line in CSV format into a list of the values contained in the line. The character used to separate the values from each other can be defined by the caller, via sepChar, but this is optional. The default is ",". ::csv::split2matrix m line {sepChar ,} {expand none} The same as ::csv::split, but appends the resulting list as a new row to the matrix m, using the method add row. The expansion mode specified via expand determines how the command handles a matrix with less columns than contained in line. The allowed modes are: none This is the default mode. In this mode it is the responsibility of the caller to ensure that the matrix has enough columns to contain the full line. If there are not enough columns the list of values is silently truncated at the end to fit. empty In this mode the command expands an empty matrix to hold all columns of the specified line, but goes no further. The overall effect is that the first of a series of lines determines the number of columns in the matrix and all following lines are truncated to that size, as if mode none was set. auto In this mode the command expands the matrix as needed to hold all columns contained in line. The overall effect is that after adding a series of lines the matrix will have enough columns to hold all columns of the longest line encountered so far. ::csv::split2queue q line {sepChar ,} The same as ::csv::split, but appending the resulting list as a single item to the queue q, using the method put. ::csv::writematrix m chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all rows in the matrix m and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. ::csv::writequeue q chan {sepChar ,} A wrapper around ::csv::join taking all items in the queue q (assumes that they are lists) and writing them CSV formatted into the channel chan. FORMAT
Each record of a csv file (comma-separated values, as exported e.g. by Excel) is a set of ASCII values separated by ",". For other lan- guages it may be ";" however, although this is not important for this case (The functions provided here allow any separator character). If a value contains itself the separator ",", then it (the value) is put between "". If a value contains ", it is replaced by "". EXAMPLE
The record 123,"123,521.2","Mary says ""Hello, I am Mary""" is parsed as follows: a) 123 b) 123,521.2 c) Mary says "Hello, I am Mary" SEE ALSO
matrix, queue KEYWORDS
csv, matrix, queue, package, tcllib csv 0.3 csv(n)