Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NTFS HDD readable from UNIX
Operating Systems Solaris NTFS HDD readable from UNIX Post 302529157 by jlliagre on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 04:33:06 PM
Old 06-08-2011
If you are running on x86 hardware, you can run as a guest an OS supporting NTFS (eg: some Gnu/Linux distribution) in a virtualized environment (eg: VirtualBox which is supported on Solaris) then access the NTFS drives from it and share the data with the host.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Which Unix for Fileserving with NTFS partitions as one sole purpose use?

I have a distant history with Dos based systems so I'm not overwhelmed, but my Unix experience is entirely limited to hacking my Tivo. So I'm kindly requesting a pointer in the right direction specifically asking which Linux would best suit my needs... What I want to do I wish to use an old... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
13 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix not recognising new HDD

I've just replaced the secondary disk drive (was 4 Gb) with a Seagate Barracuda 7200 200 Gb. However the OS seems to think this is only 500 Mb and a spin speed of 5400, although it correct recognises the drive as Seagate ST3200822A. I take it that it still thinks the old drive is attached. How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiggiesworld
5 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix not Booting after defect HDD

Hi there, Here I have an old HP LC3 server from a client of ours. The server was running in Raid1 Mirror mode. Yesterday the server didn't boot anymore and now I have concluded that 1 drive is damaged. I pulled it out so it can boot from the "good" one. Unfortuanally this didn't work. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: severt
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamp to readable date

How would I convert a unix timestamp such as "1232144092" to a readable date such as "1/16/2009 10:14:28 PM" ? I thought I could use date, but I don't think so now.. Any help would be great!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
4 Replies

7. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount ntfs for storage HDD new to Solaris 11.2?

I just installed Solaris 11.2 - and it is a bugger. How do I mount an extra HDD that is now formated to NTFS through gparted it keeps telling me I don't have any ntfs on this laptop. it has two hdds, /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 (Linux lingo) Solaris is installed on primary hard drive back of it. then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies
nv_sata(7D)							      Devices							       nv_sata(7D)

NAME
nv_sata - Nvidia ck804/mcp55 SATA controller driver SYNOPSIS
sata@unit-address DESCRIPTION
The nv_sata driver is a SATA HBA driver that supports Nvidia ck804 and mcp55 SATA HBA controllers. Note that while these Nvidia con- trollers support standard SATA features including SATA-II drives, NCQ, hotplug and ATAPI drives, the driver currently does not support NCQ features. CONFIGURATION
The nv_sata module contains no user configurable parameters. FILES
/kernel/drv/nv_sata 32-bit ELF kernel module (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/nv_sata 64-bit ELF kernel module (x86). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attribute: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWnvsata | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cfgadm(1M), cfgadm_sata(1M), prtconf(1M), sata(7D), sd(7D) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 22 Jul 2008 nv_sata(7D)