Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: NTFS HDD readable from UNIX
Operating Systems Solaris NTFS HDD readable from UNIX Post 302529063 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 8th of June 2011 11:50:43 AM
Old 06-08-2011
Mount-ntfs and UFSRead
has an ntfs mount utility for Solaris, after that it's a simple matter of sharing the nfs partitions/drives/directories

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Slackware

Which Unix for Fileserving with NTFS partitions as one sole purpose use?

I have a distant history with Dos based systems so I'm not overwhelmed, but my Unix experience is entirely limited to hacking my Tivo. So I'm kindly requesting a pointer in the right direction specifically asking which Linux would best suit my needs... What I want to do I wish to use an old... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
13 Replies

2. Solaris

Unix not recognising new HDD

I've just replaced the secondary disk drive (was 4 Gb) with a Seagate Barracuda 7200 200 Gb. However the OS seems to think this is only 500 Mb and a spin speed of 5400, although it correct recognises the drive as Seagate ST3200822A. I take it that it still thinks the old drive is attached. How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wiggiesworld
5 Replies

3. Programming

converting unix timestamp into readable format using c++

hi everyone, im new here and am in desperate need of help. I want to convert my 32 bit unix time stamp ' 45d732f6' into a readable format (Sat, 17 February 2007 16:53:10 UTC) using c++. I have looked around the interent but i just cant make sense of anything. All examples i can find just... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: uselessprog
3 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix not Booting after defect HDD

Hi there, Here I have an old HP LC3 server from a client of ours. The server was running in Raid1 Mirror mode. Yesterday the server didn't boot anymore and now I have concluded that 1 drive is damaged. I pulled it out so it can boot from the "good" one. Unfortuanally this didn't work. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: severt
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix timestamp to readable date

How would I convert a unix timestamp such as "1232144092" to a readable date such as "1/16/2009 10:14:28 PM" ? I thought I could use date, but I don't think so now.. Any help would be great!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rhije
4 Replies

7. AIX

IBM AIX Internal HDD vs SAN HDD and Oracle

Hi Folks, I am facing an issue with the performance. P4 with 1 processor and 16 GB RAM and SAN HDD = Oracle report takes 25 minutes P5 with 2 processors and 16 GB RAM internall HDD with LPAR = Oracle Report takes 1 hour 15 minutes ( please note I have assigned all the max processors and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies

8. Solaris

How to mount ntfs for storage HDD new to Solaris 11.2?

I just installed Solaris 11.2 - and it is a bugger. How do I mount an extra HDD that is now formated to NTFS through gparted it keeps telling me I don't have any ntfs on this laptop. it has two hdds, /dev/sda1 /dev/sdb1 (Linux lingo) Solaris is installed on primary hard drive back of it. then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userx-bw
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert UNIX timestamp to readable format in the file

Hello I have a file : file1.txt with the below contents : 237176 test1 test2 1442149024 237138 test3 test4 1442121300 237171 test5 test7 1442112823 237145 test9 test10 1442109600 In the above file fourth field represents the timestamp in Unix format. I found a command which converts... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
6 Replies
NTFS-3G.USERMAP(8)					      System Manager's Manual						NTFS-3G.USERMAP(8)

NAME
ntfs-3g.usermap - NTFS Building a User Mapping File SYNOPSIS
ntfs-3g.usermap windows-system-device [other-ntfs-device...] Where windows-system-device is the device containing the Windows system whose users are to be mapped to current Linux system. And other-ntfs-device is another device containing files which are to be accessed both by the Windows mentioned above and current Linux system. the ntfs-3g.usermap command must be started as root, and the designated devices must not be mounted. Typing ntfs-3g.usermap with no args will display a summary of command arguments. DESCRIPTION
ntfs-3g.usermap creates the file defining the mapping of Windows accounts to Linux logins for users who owns files which should be visible from both Windows and Linux. It relies on existing files which were created on Windows, trying to locate significant files and asking which Linux user or group should own them. When a Linux owner or group is requested, the reply may be : - the uid or gid (numeric or symbolic) of Linux owner or group of the file. In that situation, no more file with the same Windows owner will be selected. - or no answer, when not able to define the owner or group. In that situation another file owned by the same Windows user or group may be selected later so that a mapping can be defined. The mappings for standard Windows users, such as "Administrator" or "All Users" are defined implicitly. As a consequence a user mapping should never be defined as Linux root. When there are no more significant files, ntfs-3g.usermap create the mapping file into the file UserMapping in the current directory. This file has to be moved to the hidden directory .NTFS-3G in the root of all the NTFS file systems to be shared between Windows and Linux. This requires the file system to be mounted, but the created file will not be taken into account if not present at mount time, which means the file system has to be unmounted and mounted again for the new mapping file to be taken into account. OPTIONS
No option is defined for ntfs-3g.usermap. EXAMPLES
Map the users defined on the Windows system present on /dev/sda1 : ntfs-3g.usermap /dev/sda1 A detailed example, with screen displays is available on http://pagesperso-orange.fr/b.andre/usermap.html EXIT CODES
ntfs-3g.usermap exits with a value of 0 when no error was detected, and with a value of 1 when an error was detected. KNOWN ISSUES
Please see http://www.tuxera.com/community/ntfs-3g-faq/ for common questions and known issues. If you would find a new one in the latest release of the software then please send an email describing it in detail. You can contact the development team on the ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net address. AUTHORS
ntfs-3g.secaudit has been developed by Jean-Pierre Andre. THANKS
Several people made heroic efforts, often over five or more years which resulted the ntfs-3g driver. Most importantly they are Anton Alta- parmakov, Richard Russon, Szabolcs Szakacsits, Yura Pakhuchiy, Yuval Fledel, and the author of the groundbreaking FUSE filesystem develop- ment framework, Miklos Szeredi. SEE ALSO
ntfsprogs(8), attr(5), getfattr(1) ntfs-3g.usermap 1.1.2 February 2010 NTFS-3G.USERMAP(8)