Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Tracking Who Has Logged Into a Server? Post 302524760 by bartus11 on Tuesday 24th of May 2011 11:52:52 AM
Old 05-24-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leond
Also, when I do a list on one of my servers, it only goes back one week. Is there somewhere I can find data that is similar but older?
It is possible that /var/adm/wtmpx file (database read by last command) got corrupted. Check man wtmpfix for a way to fix it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Need help getting logged in to server

Help!! I cannot log in. Last command I entered was set REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE to EXCLUSIVE. Since rebooting the server I am unable to bring up the OS bebcause 'root' is gone and I am guessing all other users' files. If anyone knows a back door way into server so I can rebuild passwd file I'd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mayewil
1 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

user logged on any server

the method to find out the all the user who are the current user of the system? i tried with the who. but with that i receive the TTY like something. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NIMISH AGARWAL
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

server load tracking

I have written a script which checks server load and emails me. I am running into the error: ./load_alert.sh: line 8: ; then printf "WARNING - cpu load high in xyz server" fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsmurali
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script in tracking both the passed and failed login in a unix server

Can you help me in providing the following output or a quite similar to this from a shell script ? *** Logins Summary Information ***** ---------------------------------- Failed Login Attempts for Invalid Accounts Date Time IP-ADD Account ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
0 Replies

5. HP-UX

How can i get My parent user name while i am on remotely logged on other server.

Hi please suggest .. how can i get my original user from which logged in to another server. my main current login is $whoami nitin ssh nit01@n01 i m going (redirected)to log in below path.. nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> pwd /home/n01 nit01@n01:/home/n01 -> on this server i want get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitindreamz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Total number of users logged in a server from uptime

how to find out total number of users logged in a server from uptime . i mean to say i need the total output of unix command . who gives the out put at a particular time . I need at all time from which machine who has connected , (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amiya.te@gmail
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to log out of the server in such a manner that you are not logged out of PUTTY?

Hi, I am using EXIT command to log out of the server, But this logs me out of the Putty. Is there any way that I can still be present on Putty and just log out of the server. Every time I have to open a new session of PUTTY for a new server (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: himvat
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Logged in users on a Linux server are counted twice

Scenario: 1. Log into a linux server interface as root. 2. Inititiate an SSH session with the server using Putty and a valid user account (e.g. fakeuser). 3. Log into TTY2 of the linux server interface using another valid user account (e.g. faketester). Issue: With these three login... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walterthered
1 Replies

9. Linux

Logged in users on a Linux server are counted twice

Scenario: Log into a linux server interface as root. Inititiate an SSH session with the server using Putty and a valid user account (e.g. fakeuser). Log into TTY2 of the linux server interface using another valid user account (e.g. faketester). Issue: With these three login sessions,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: walterthered
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to give input once logged in to server in script

Hi , when i am logging to the server i need to give input of specific key like k or l or m etc. and then need to put enter. need to use this in script . please assist. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupesh.bombale
1 Replies
utmpx(4)							   File Formats 							  utmpx(4)

NAME
utmpx, wtmpx - utmpx and wtmpx database entry formats SYNOPSIS
#include <utmpx.h> /var/adm/utmpx /var/adm/wtmpx DESCRIPTION
The utmpx and wtmpx files are extended database files that have superseded the obsolete utmp and wtmp database files. The utmpx database contains user access and accounting information for commands such as who(1), write(1), and login(1). The wtmpx database contains the history of user access and accounting information for the utmpx database. USAGE
Applications should not access these databases directly, but should use the functions described on the getutxent(3C) manual page to inter- act with the utmpx and wtmpx databases to ensure that they are maintained consistently. FILES
/var/adm/utmpx user access and adminstration information /var/adm/wtmpx history of user access and adminstrative information SEE ALSO
getutxent(3C), wait(3C)wait.h(3HEAD) SunOS 5.10 22 Feb 1999 utmpx(4)