Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vncserver
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat vncserver Post 302524247 by ygemici on Sunday 22nd of May 2011 04:11:21 PM
Old 05-22-2011
you dont see rpm list because of you dont install a rpm package..
i guess that packages comes where from realvnc.com does not includes vncservers file.
you must install vnc-server rpm alternative sources for this.

on the other hand you can resume with this package so.
(you should not use vnc for root user.there is may some securiy vulnerabilitys especially while in auth levels.)

firstly on the server start vncpasswd for create a vnc password for test user in server which connect on desktop.

Code:
$ su - test
$ vncpasswd
$ x0vncserver -PasswordFile /home/test/.vnc/passwd

and the on vncclient start vncviewer for example
Code:
# vncviewer -FullColour vncserver -ViewOnly -geometry 1024x768

regards
ygemici

Last edited by ygemici; 05-22-2011 at 05:17 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vncserver on SCo 505

I have installed vnc on my SCO 505 box. its running fin, but when I start a session and connect to it from my win machine I do get an Xsession but I only get an xterm and thats it. I know my settings are in my //.vnc/xstartup file but what exactly am I supposed to see there. will some one send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

vncserver xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to use vncserver and vncviewer?

hello, I have two fedora 8 systems connected in LAN. I have typed "vncserver" on one terminal; gave a password. Then went to the next terminal and typed "vncviewer".It asked me for host server.I gave the IP address of the above system.But it prompted that "server not found". I tried "ping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
4 Replies

4. Linux

vncserver gnome display error

Hi all, I installed vncserver on fedora core 10. I am able to start vncserver and access it via vncviewer but i am not getting gnome display. I am getting the following errors. 1) The panel has encountered a fatal error: the panel could not register with bonobo activation server (error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

VNCserver not working?

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the vncserver on my Ubuntu server 10.04.2. # vncserver :1 A VNC server is already running as :1 # ps -ef | grep vnc root 2944 1683 0 13:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto vnc I think I have got all the necessary binaries (below) but when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

VNCSERVER Install

Hi All, Just wondering if someone can help me out here: Wanted to install vnc server on Centos 6, yum installed tigervnc but there after I do not see any services associated with it. Also, I had installed SAMBA and proceeded with SWAT installation but I am unable to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2z1982
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Works on command line but not in script; vncserver on solaris 10

Hi guys. My first post, so be gentle... On my Solaris 10 machine vnc server is running. I need a command to extract most recent client session number (screen). So with: Code: bash-3.2# ps -ef | grep vnc | grep Xaut root 19805 19797 0 15:41:44 ? 0:01 Xvnc :4 -inetd -once... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cp6uja
5 Replies

8. Linux

Vncserver NOT working

Hi all, I received following messages while trying to run vncserver, what could be reason behind this. vncserver Warning: system1.pen.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1 Remove this file if there is no X server system1.pen.com:1 Warning: system1.pen.com:2 is taken because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unable to start vncserver

Hi, While trying to connect vncserver, i am gettting below errors: sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.log: Permission denied sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.pid: Permission denied New '$HOSTNAME:2 ($USER)' desktop is $HOSTNAME:2 Starting applications specified in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
vncserver(1)							     TightVNC							      vncserver(1)

NAME
vncserver - a wrapper to launch an X server for VNC. SYNOPSIS
vncserver [:display] [-geometry widthxheight] [-depth depth] [-pixelformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN] [-name desktop-name] [Xvnc-options...] vncserver -kill :display vncserver -help DESCRIPTION
vncserver is a wrapper script for Xvnc, the free X server for VNC (Virtual Network Computing). It provides all capabilities of a standard X server, but does not connect to a display for itself. Instead, Xvnc creates a virtual desktop you can view or control remotely using a VNC viewer. OPTIONS
You can add Xvnc options at the command line. They will be added to the invocation of Xvnc without changes. The options provided by the vncserver itself are as follows: :display The display number to use. If omitted, the next free display number is used. -geometry widthxheight Set desktop width and height. -depth depth Set the colour depth of the visual to provide, in bits per pixel. Must be a value between 8 and 32. -pixelformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN Set colour format for pixels representation. The viewer can do the conversion to any other pixel format, but it is faster if the depth and pixel format of the server is the same as the equivalent values on the viewer display. -name string This specifies the name of the desktop. -kill :display Stops the session running on the specified display. -help Prints a short usage notice to stderr. EXAMPLES
vncserver Invokes Xvnc on the next available display and with suitable defaults. vncserver :1 Invokes Xvnc on display :1. vncserver -geometry 800x600 -depth 16 :1 Invokes Xvnc on display :1 with desktop size of 800x600 pixels and color depth of 16 bits per pixel. vncserver -kill :1 Shuts down Xvnc server on display :1. SEE ALSO
Xvnc(1), vncviewer(1), vncpasswd(1), vncconnect(1) AUTHORS
Original VNC was developed in AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. Man page authors: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>, Constantin Kaplinsky <const@tightvnc.com> August 2006 vncserver(1)