Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vncserver
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat vncserver Post 302523769 by ygemici on Thursday 19th of May 2011 05:13:15 PM
Old 05-19-2011
for example you can search vncserver in this site like below eg fedora 10..
(probably it requires xorg-x11-xauth for x11 forwarding to server)
and you can try it with vnc-client.
Code:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/13677028/dir/fedora_10/com/vnc-server-4.1.3-1.fc10.i386.rpm.html

and then you can look to look Requires : section and then collect another dependencies packages.lastly install all packages and go on Smilie

or

directly install from realvnc.com.this rpm has both server and client.

regards
ygemici

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vncserver on SCo 505

I have installed vnc on my SCO 505 box. its running fin, but when I start a session and connect to it from my win machine I do get an Xsession but I only get an xterm and thats it. I know my settings are in my //.vnc/xstartup file but what exactly am I supposed to see there. will some one send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

vncserver xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to use vncserver and vncviewer?

hello, I have two fedora 8 systems connected in LAN. I have typed "vncserver" on one terminal; gave a password. Then went to the next terminal and typed "vncviewer".It asked me for host server.I gave the IP address of the above system.But it prompted that "server not found". I tried "ping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
4 Replies

4. Linux

vncserver gnome display error

Hi all, I installed vncserver on fedora core 10. I am able to start vncserver and access it via vncviewer but i am not getting gnome display. I am getting the following errors. 1) The panel has encountered a fatal error: the panel could not register with bonobo activation server (error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

VNCserver not working?

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the vncserver on my Ubuntu server 10.04.2. # vncserver :1 A VNC server is already running as :1 # ps -ef | grep vnc root 2944 1683 0 13:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto vnc I think I have got all the necessary binaries (below) but when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

VNCSERVER Install

Hi All, Just wondering if someone can help me out here: Wanted to install vnc server on Centos 6, yum installed tigervnc but there after I do not see any services associated with it. Also, I had installed SAMBA and proceeded with SWAT installation but I am unable to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2z1982
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Works on command line but not in script; vncserver on solaris 10

Hi guys. My first post, so be gentle... On my Solaris 10 machine vnc server is running. I need a command to extract most recent client session number (screen). So with: Code: bash-3.2# ps -ef | grep vnc | grep Xaut root 19805 19797 0 15:41:44 ? 0:01 Xvnc :4 -inetd -once... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cp6uja
5 Replies

8. Linux

Vncserver NOT working

Hi all, I received following messages while trying to run vncserver, what could be reason behind this. vncserver Warning: system1.pen.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1 Remove this file if there is no X server system1.pen.com:1 Warning: system1.pen.com:2 is taken because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unable to start vncserver

Hi, While trying to connect vncserver, i am gettting below errors: sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.log: Permission denied sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.pid: Permission denied New '$HOSTNAME:2 ($USER)' desktop is $HOSTNAME:2 Starting applications specified in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
RPMSIGN(8)						      System Manager's Manual							RPMSIGN(8)

NAME
rpmsign - RPM Package Signing SYNOPSIS
rpm --addsign|--resign PACKAGE_FILE ... rpm --delsign PACKAGE_FILE ... DESCRIPTION
Both of the --addsign and --resign options generate and insert new signatures for each package PACKAGE_FILE given, replacing any existing signatures. There are two options for historical reasons, there is no difference in behavior currently. rpm --delsign PACKAGE_FILE ... Delete all signatures from each package PACKAGE_FILE given. USING GPG TO SIGN PACKAGES In order to sign packages using GPG, rpm must be configured to run GPG and be able to find a key ring with the appropriate keys. By default, rpm uses the same conventions as GPG to find key rings, namely the $GNUPGHOME environment variable. If your key rings are not located where GPG expects them to be, you will need to configure the macro %_gpg_path to be the location of the GPG key rings to use. If you want to be able to sign packages you create yourself, you also need to create your own public and secret key pair (see the GPG manual). You will also need to configure the rpm macros %_gpg_name The name of the "user" whose key you wish to use to sign your packages. For example, to be able to use GPG to sign packages as the user "John Doe <jdoe@foo.com>" from the key rings located in /etc/rpm/.gpg using the executable /usr/bin/gpg you would include %_gpg_path /etc/rpm/.gpg %_gpg_name John Doe <jdoe@foo.com> %__gpg /usr/bin/gpg in a macro configuration file. Use /etc/rpm/macros for per-system configuration and ~/.rpmmacros for per-user configuration. Typically it's sufficient to set just %_gpg_name. SEE ALSO
popt(3), rpm(8), rpmdb(8), rpmkeys(8), rpm2cpio(8), rpmbuild(8), rpmspec(8), rpmsign --help - as rpm supports customizing the options via popt aliases it's impossible to guarantee that what's described in the manual matches what's available. http://www.rpm.org/ <URL:http://www.rpm.org/> AUTHORS
Marc Ewing <marc@redhat.com> Jeff Johnson <jbj@redhat.com> Erik Troan <ewt@redhat.com> Panu Matilainen <pmatilai@redhat.com> Red Hat, Inc RPMSIGN(8)