Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: vncserver
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat vncserver Post 302523075 by lramsb4u on Tuesday 17th of May 2011 09:43:15 PM
Old 05-17-2011
vncserver

Hi,

I am trying to install vncserver on a fedora system.
I am wondering how can i get the vncserver rpm to install.
I am not having it in the yum repository. (by the way is vncserver free ?)
How could i download the rpm and install it ?
Please advice me on this.
Thanks in advance!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vncserver on SCo 505

I have installed vnc on my SCO 505 box. its running fin, but when I start a session and connect to it from my win machine I do get an Xsession but I only get an xterm and thats it. I know my settings are in my //.vnc/xstartup file but what exactly am I supposed to see there. will some one send... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: franruiz
3 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

vncserver xlib error

Hello! Im running tight VNC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.0. How can I increase the number of X clients that I can run in a VNC session?I need to run aproximately 500 programs in one VNC session, but at this time I can only 236 -> i've tryed to launch 250 xclock's in background and when it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karpoand
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

how to use vncserver and vncviewer?

hello, I have two fedora 8 systems connected in LAN. I have typed "vncserver" on one terminal; gave a password. Then went to the next terminal and typed "vncviewer".It asked me for host server.I gave the IP address of the above system.But it prompted that "server not found". I tried "ping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
4 Replies

4. Linux

vncserver gnome display error

Hi all, I installed vncserver on fedora core 10. I am able to start vncserver and access it via vncviewer but i am not getting gnome display. I am getting the following errors. 1) The panel has encountered a fatal error: the panel could not register with bonobo activation server (error... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lramsb4u
6 Replies

5. Ubuntu

VNCserver not working?

Hi, I am having trouble connecting to the vncserver on my Ubuntu server 10.04.2. # vncserver :1 A VNC server is already running as :1 # ps -ef | grep vnc root 2944 1683 0 13:47 pts/0 00:00:00 grep --color=auto vnc I think I have got all the necessary binaries (below) but when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duffs22
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

VNCSERVER Install

Hi All, Just wondering if someone can help me out here: Wanted to install vnc server on Centos 6, yum installed tigervnc but there after I do not see any services associated with it. Also, I had installed SAMBA and proceeded with SWAT installation but I am unable to access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: a2z1982
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Works on command line but not in script; vncserver on solaris 10

Hi guys. My first post, so be gentle... On my Solaris 10 machine vnc server is running. I need a command to extract most recent client session number (screen). So with: Code: bash-3.2# ps -ef | grep vnc | grep Xaut root 19805 19797 0 15:41:44 ? 0:01 Xvnc :4 -inetd -once... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cp6uja
5 Replies

8. Linux

Vncserver NOT working

Hi all, I received following messages while trying to run vncserver, what could be reason behind this. vncserver Warning: system1.pen.com:1 is taken because of /tmp/.X11-unix/X1 Remove this file if there is no X server system1.pen.com:1 Warning: system1.pen.com:2 is taken because of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Unable to start vncserver

Hi, While trying to connect vncserver, i am gettting below errors: sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.log: Permission denied sh: /home/$USER/.vnc/$HOSTNAME:2.pid: Permission denied New '$HOSTNAME:2 ($USER)' desktop is $HOSTNAME:2 Starting applications specified in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies
vncpasswd(1)                                                         TightVNC                                                         vncpasswd(1)

NAME
vncpasswd - set passwords for VNC server SYNOPSIS
vncpasswd [file] vncpasswd -t vncpasswd -f DESCRIPTION
The vncpasswd utility should be used to create and change passwords for the TightVNC server authentication. Xvnc uses such passwords when started with the -rfbauth command-line option (or when started from the vncserver script). vncpasswd allows to enter either one or two passwords. The first password is the primary one, the second password can be used for view-only authentication. Xvnc will restrict mouse and keyboard input from clients who authenticated with the view-only password. The vncpasswd util- ity asks interactively if it should set the second password. The password file name defaults to $HOME/.vnc/passwd unless the -t command-line option was used (see the OPTIONS section below). The $HOME/.vnc/ directory will be created if it does not exist. Each password has to be longer than five characters (unless the -f command-line option was used, see its description below). Only the first eight characters are significant. If the primary password is too short, the program will abort. If the view-only password is too short, then only the primary password will be saved. Unless a file name was provided in the command-line explicitly, this utility may perform certain sanity checks to prevent writing a pass- word file into some hazardous place. If at least one password was saved successfully, vncpasswd will exit with status code 0. Otherwise the returned status code will be set to 1. OPTIONS
-t Write passwords into /tmp/$USER-vnc/passwd, creating the /tmp/$USER-vnc/ directory if it does not exist, and checking the permis- sions on that directory (the mode must be 700). This option can help to improve security when your home partition may be shared via network (e.g. when using NFS). -f Filter mode. Read plain-text passwords from stdin, write encrypted versions to stdout. One or two passwords (full-control and view- only) can be supplied in the input stream, newline terminates a password. Note that in the filter mode, short or even empty pass- words will be silently accepted. SEE ALSO
vncserver(1), Xvnc(1), vncviewer(1), vncconnect(1) AUTHORS
Original VNC was developed in AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. Man page authors: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>, Constantin Kaplinsky <const@tightvnc.com> August 2006 vncpasswd(1)