Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to access/run c programs on Putty? Post 302521724 by thegeek on Thursday 12th of May 2011 05:41:05 AM
Old 05-12-2011
when a 'C' program is compiled using gcc, by default you get a.out in the current directory.

So do, "./a.out" to run that program.

nothing special with putty in this case.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What programs access shared library file

I was curious how to tell which programs are accessing a file (libobjc.A.dylib) in /usr/lib This file seems to be the culprit in a bunch of Safari crashes, and I just wanted to know if and what other programs use it. Also, I was curious what a good way to find out what files are being written... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to compile and run java programs

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on a VMware. How to compile a java program as there is no javac in 'bin' directory. Thanks in advance for answers and sorry if the question is soo basic. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot run c compiled programs

iam in the way of making graphics using SDL.i copied from cd usign mount -a /cdrom cd /cdrom cp SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz /usr/test cd /usr/test gunzip SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz tar -xf SDL-1.2.11.tar cd SDL-1.2.11 ./configure ... ... it stops at checking whether the c compiler... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

WebApp secure access to protected files/programs

Hello, I'm working on an embedded linux project that provides a devices that uses an IPSec VPN (using racoon) to connect back to base. The device also hosts a WebApp that allows admin users to change many aspect of the networking setup, including things like the VPN pre-shared-key, IP addresses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salukibob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple python programs sequentially.

I HAVE WRITTEN NINE PYTHON CODES TO PERFORM A TASK ........ I WISH TO RUN THEM SEQUENTIALLY. eg. code1__code2 >>>>>>>>code9.py TO GET DESIRED OUTPUT. PLS HELP ME WRITTING SHELL SCRIPT .. I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THESE CODE FOR BEING USED BY OTHERS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to run putty.exe file in server?

Hi, I want to run putty.exe in Solaris server.My main aim is to invoke the putty.exe in Solaris server from a web application(.jsp) deployed in the server so that putty terminal should open. Thanks in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaithanyaa
11 Replies
PCRESAMPLE(3)						     Library Functions Manual						     PCRESAMPLE(3)

NAME
PCRE - Perl-compatible regular expressions PCRE SAMPLE PROGRAM
A simple, complete demonstration program, to get you started with using PCRE, is supplied in the file pcredemo.c in the PCRE distribution. The program compiles the regular expression that is its first argument, and matches it against the subject string in its second argument. No PCRE options are set, and default character tables are used. If matching succeeds, the program outputs the portion of the subject that matched, together with the contents of any captured substrings. If the -g option is given on the command line, the program then goes on to check for further matches of the same regular expression in the same subject string. The logic is a little bit tricky because of the possibility of matching an empty string. Comments in the code explain what is going on. If PCRE is installed in the standard include and library directories for your system, you should be able to compile the demonstration pro- gram using this command: gcc -o pcredemo pcredemo.c -lpcre If PCRE is installed elsewhere, you may need to add additional options to the command line. For example, on a Unix-like system that has PCRE installed in /usr/local, you can compile the demonstration program using a command like this: gcc -o pcredemo -I/usr/local/include pcredemo.c -L/usr/local/lib -lpcre Once you have compiled the demonstration program, you can run simple tests like this: ./pcredemo 'cat|dog' 'the cat sat on the mat' ./pcredemo -g 'cat|dog' 'the dog sat on the cat' Note that there is a much more comprehensive test program, called pcretest, which supports many more facilities for testing regular expres- sions and the PCRE library. The pcredemo program is provided as a simple coding example. On some operating systems (e.g. Solaris), when PCRE is not installed in the standard library directory, you may get an error like this when you try to run pcredemo: ld.so.1: a.out: fatal: libpcre.so.0: open failed: No such file or directory This is caused by the way shared library support works on those systems. You need to add -R/usr/local/lib (for example) to the compile command to get round this problem. AUTHOR
Philip Hazel University Computing Service Cambridge CB2 3QH, England. REVISION
Last updated: 23 January 2008 Copyright (c) 1997-2008 University of Cambridge. PCRESAMPLE(3)