Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to access/run c programs on Putty? Post 302521592 by Recycalable on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 06:40:35 PM
Old 05-11-2011
How to access/run c programs on Putty?

Hi all,

I wrote a couple noobie programs and had them compiled over Putty (using gcc), but I don't know what command I should use to run them.

Please assume that I'm a complete noob when it comes to programming and putty commands.

Thank you for your help!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX environment?

:( :confused: Does anybody here know how to compile and run C++ programs in UNIX enviroment? I am so confused. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kahuashi
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What programs access shared library file

I was curious how to tell which programs are accessing a file (libobjc.A.dylib) in /usr/lib This file seems to be the culprit in a bunch of Safari crashes, and I just wanted to know if and what other programs use it. Also, I was curious what a good way to find out what files are being written... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to compile and run java programs

Hi, I have installed Solaris 10 on a VMware. How to compile a java program as there is no javac in 'bin' directory. Thanks in advance for answers and sorry if the question is soo basic. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayahari
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cannot run c compiled programs

iam in the way of making graphics using SDL.i copied from cd usign mount -a /cdrom cd /cdrom cp SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz /usr/test cd /usr/test gunzip SDL-1.2.11.tar.gz tar -xf SDL-1.2.11.tar cd SDL-1.2.11 ./configure ... ... it stops at checking whether the c compiler... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarangopi
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

WebApp secure access to protected files/programs

Hello, I'm working on an embedded linux project that provides a devices that uses an IPSec VPN (using racoon) to connect back to base. The device also hosts a WebApp that allows admin users to change many aspect of the networking setup, including things like the VPN pre-shared-key, IP addresses... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salukibob
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run multiple python programs sequentially.

I HAVE WRITTEN NINE PYTHON CODES TO PERFORM A TASK ........ I WISH TO RUN THEM SEQUENTIALLY. eg. code1__code2 >>>>>>>>code9.py TO GET DESIRED OUTPUT. PLS HELP ME WRITTING SHELL SCRIPT .. I HAVE TO DISTRIBUTE THESE CODE FOR BEING USED BY OTHERS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to run two unix/linux programs on two different cpu cores

Hi folks, I want to know how to run two unix programs on two different cpu cores on a 2-core or 4-core or 8-core CPU machine? Extending this how would i run four and eight unix programs on 4-core and 8-core machine respectively? If this can be done, how to know which program is assigned to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
1 Replies

9. Solaris

How to run putty.exe file in server?

Hi, I want to run putty.exe in Solaris server.My main aim is to invoke the putty.exe in Solaris server from a web application(.jsp) deployed in the server so that putty terminal should open. Thanks in advance (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaithanyaa
11 Replies
IREXEC(1)								FSF								 IREXEC(1)

NAME
irexec - run programs with one button press SYNOPSIS
irexec [options] [config_file] DESCRIPTION
This program lets you execute arbitrary commands on an IR signal decoded by lircd, the LIRC daemon. You can give irexec a command line parameter which has to be a name of a valid config file. If no command line parameters are given irexec reads the default config file which is usually ~/.lircrc. If irexec executes a program it will wait until this program terminates. So append a '&' to the command string if you don't want that. The config string consists of the command to be run. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --daemon run in background -n --name use this program name OPTIONS
If you add the --daemon option irexec will fork to background. That way you can easily start irexec from an init script. In this case you should specify a config file on the command line as irexec won't be able to find your home directory. Potential uses are shutting down the computer, starting a dial-up connection etc. NOTE
If you start irexec, it reads your ~/.lircrc and reacts only on prog= entries that point to irexec. If you have included more than one pro- gram in your .lircrc, then start all these programs, they react itself only to their according entries in .lircrc. SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. irexec 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IREXEC(1)