Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to close a unix port
Operating Systems AIX How to close a unix port Post 302521514 by Perderabo on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 12:35:26 PM
Old 05-11-2011
I have always been able to find a process doing a listen. Are you running lsof as root? Did you use lsof -i :7331? Also what OS are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need to port C dll to UNIX

I have source code of a Windows C DLL. It complies properly and works. Now I need to port it to UNIX environment. I need to know if I can create a Dynamic Library or only Static Library is possible in UNIX. In case I can create a Dynamic Library please guide me how to proceed. Or if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ana_puri
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should a UNIX daemon process close open fds?

I have a UNIX daemon process that's been started by a parent process, an application server. The behavior of this daemon process is to inherit and use the app server's file descriptors (ports/sockets). When I shutdown the app server, the daemon continues to run, because there may be other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalashar
1 Replies

3. Programming

Opening a TCPIP Port with UNIX C

i am new to UNIX and C (primarilly a JDE and AS400/RPG developer). However, I need to find a way to send data to and from a web service from within a UNIX C program. What i would like to be able to do is to receive in a block of XML (from a non C application), wrap it, and then open a TCPIP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveBarber
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Port finder in unix

Hi, I need to know whether a port is being used by some application. What is the command for the same?? Regards, Chaitrali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

7. Programming

when parent process close, how to close the child?

can someone provide an example, where if the parent process quits for any reason, then the child process will also close? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Close UNIX terminal

Hi, In one of the circumstances, my manager asked my password and opened unix terminal (Putty) with my user credentials. Its been more than 2 days that terminal is opened (saw it through finger command). How do I close that terminal which is not opened in my pc. I'm very uncomfortable of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
11 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cant close UNIX.com account

Hi, Can someone point me in the direction of the "close account" or "delete account" page, as i no longer want my account. I have sent 2 messages to the webmaster who has just ignored my message, and there is no advice in the faq and googling brings no answer. I want to remove my account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fanny Zoddar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
WEBCIT(8)							    Citadel.org 							 WEBCIT(8)

NAME
webcit - Citadel Servlet Engine. SYNOPSIS
webcit [-i ip_addr] [-p http_port] [-t tracefile] [-T Templatedebuglevel] [-c] [-f] [-d] [-s] [remotehost [remoteport] ] DESCRIPTION
WebCit (the binaries name is webcit) is the Citadel Servlet engine. It can operate with Citserver on another box, but it can't operate without. OPTIONS
SwitchResult -hPATH Specify the home directory eg. -h/usr/local/citadel not adding a leading / will make the path relative to the compiletime path. Needed for running several webcit/citadel instances at the same host -d Run as a daemon; fork watcher process. -DPATH Run as a daemon but create a pid file at PATH eg. -D/var/run/webcit.pid -iIP_ADDR Specify IP address to listen on as web server eg -i192.168.9.1; default is 0.0.0.0 -pPORT Specify port to listen on eg. -p80; default is 2000 -tPATH Specify trace file (where to put the log file) eg -t/var/log/webcit -T VAL 0 (default; recommended for production systems) 1: Parse template on each request .TP -xVAL How much info to put in the trace file (or to stdout) eg -x9 -f Follow X-Forwarded-For: headers. -c Use a server cookie. -s use SSL (turns the -p default to 443) remotehost if the citserver lives on another box, its name / ip (remember to add your webserver IP to the citadel servers public_clients - Con- figfile.); else the path to the unix-domain-socket. Defaults to the compiled in unix domain socket remoteport If you want to connect to citserver via TCP specify its port here; usualy 504 DEFAULTS
The default for remotehost is to connect localy via Unix Domain Socket. The default TCP port is 504. webcit will open Port 2000 serving HTTP requests and bind 0.0.0.0 if not other specified. FILES
The location of the files may vary depending on configure options. .TP /usr/share/citadel-webcit/static// WebCits template files /usr/share/citadel-webcit/static.local// Your customized templates /usr/share/tinymce/www// the TinyMCE [http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/] Javascript Editor /etc/init.d/webcit/ The initscript usually used to start this binary. Add Options here /etc/default/webcit/ Parameters to /etc/init.d/webcit/ in the LHFS ified installations dpkg-reconfigurecitadel-webcitwillmodifythisfile. HISTORY
1998 - Now the Uncensored Communication Group webcit 2008-9-4 WEBCIT(8)