Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to close a unix port
Operating Systems AIX How to close a unix port Post 302521514 by Perderabo on Wednesday 11th of May 2011 12:35:26 PM
Old 05-11-2011
I have always been able to find a process doing a listen. Are you running lsof as root? Did you use lsof -i :7331? Also what OS are you using?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Need to port C dll to UNIX

I have source code of a Windows C DLL. It complies properly and works. Now I need to port it to UNIX environment. I need to know if I can create a Dynamic Library or only Static Library is possible in UNIX. In case I can create a Dynamic Library please guide me how to proceed. Or if there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ana_puri
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Should a UNIX daemon process close open fds?

I have a UNIX daemon process that's been started by a parent process, an application server. The behavior of this daemon process is to inherit and use the app server's file descriptors (ports/sockets). When I shutdown the app server, the daemon continues to run, because there may be other... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunalashar
1 Replies

3. Programming

Opening a TCPIP Port with UNIX C

i am new to UNIX and C (primarilly a JDE and AS400/RPG developer). However, I need to find a way to send data to and from a web service from within a UNIX C program. What i would like to be able to do is to receive in a block of XML (from a non C application), wrap it, and then open a TCPIP... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DaveBarber
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unix port status

disregard solved (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: calamine
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Port finder in unix

Hi, I need to know whether a port is being used by some application. What is the command for the same?? Regards, Chaitrali. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitrali
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

close tcp port

Hello, I have a service running (ODBC) and every now and then it will hang and I will have to stop and restart the service. The problem is when I stop the service, it indeed stops the service, but netstat reports a tcp port still open with the fin_wait_2 status. Then I must close the client... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raidzero
1 Replies

7. Programming

when parent process close, how to close the child?

can someone provide an example, where if the parent process quits for any reason, then the child process will also close? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Close UNIX terminal

Hi, In one of the circumstances, my manager asked my password and opened unix terminal (Putty) with my user credentials. Its been more than 2 days that terminal is opened (saw it through finger command). How do I close that terminal which is not opened in my pc. I'm very uncomfortable of the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobbygsk
11 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Cant close UNIX.com account

Hi, Can someone point me in the direction of the "close account" or "delete account" page, as i no longer want my account. I have sent 2 messages to the webmaster who has just ignored my message, and there is no advice in the faq and googling brings no answer. I want to remove my account... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fanny Zoddar
1 Replies

10. Solaris

How to find port number wwn of particular port on dual port HBA,?

please find the below o/p for your reference bash-3.00# fcinfo hba-port HBA Port WWN: 21000024ff295a34 OS Device Name: /dev/cfg/c2 Manufacturer: QLogic Corp. Model: 375-3356-02 Firmware Version: 05.03.02 FCode/BIOS Version: BIOS: 2.02; fcode: 2.01;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
3 Replies
CURSES_BORDER(3)					   BSD Library Functions Manual 					  CURSES_BORDER(3)

NAME
curses_border, border, box, wborder -- curses border drawing routines LIBRARY
Curses Library (libcurses, -lcurses) SYNOPSIS
#include <curses.h> int border(chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); int box(WINDOW *win, chtype vertical, chtype horizontal); int wborder(WINDOW *win, chtype ls, chtype rs, chtype ts, chtype bs, chtype tl, chtype tr, chtype bl, chtype br); DESCRIPTION
These functions draw borders around stdscr or around the specified window. The border() function draws a border around stdscr using the characters given as arguments to the function. The ls, rs, ts and bs are the characters used to draw the left, right, top and bottom sides, respectively. The tl, tr, bl and br are the characters used to draw the top- left, top-right, bottom-left and bottom-right corners, respectively. If any of the characters have a text portion that is 0 then a default alternate character set character is used for that character. Note that even though the text portion of the argument is 0, the argument can still be used to specify the attributes for that portion of the border. The following table shows the default characters for each argument: ls ACS_VLINE rs ACS_VLINE ts ACS_HLINE bs ACS_HLINE tl ACS_ULCORNER tr ACS_URCORNER bl ACS_LLCORNER br ACS_LRCORNER wborder() is the same as border() excepting that the border is drawn around the specified window. The box() command draws a box around the window given in win using the vertical character for the vertical lines and the horizontal character for the horizontal lines. The corner characters of this box will be the defaults as described for border() above. Passing characters with text portion that is 0 to box() will result in the same defaults as those for border() as described above. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following values: OK The function completed successfully. ERR An error occurred in the function. SEE ALSO
curses_attributes(3), curses_line(3) STANDARDS
The NetBSD Curses library complies with the X/Open Curses specification, part of the Single Unix Specification. HISTORY
The Curses package appeared in 4.0BSD. BSD
August 12, 2002 BSD