Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: showmount -e : solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris showmount -e : solaris 10 Post 302521247 by snchaudhari2 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 04:23:50 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Didn't work....;

Got error:

nfs dfshares:IPaddr: RPC: Miscellaneous tli error - An event requires attentionError 0

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

showmount

SIZE=3]Is the only root can "showmount". How to set a user to be able "showmount"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcaelbukch
1 Replies

2. Solaris

showmount

Hi, when i give showmount -a command following is the error that i get. root@server # showmount -a showmount: server: RPC: Program not registered Can anyone say the cause for that, and also a solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amult
5 Replies

3. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

5. AIX

Showmount don't show NFS4

Configure nfs4 on aix ok i did all chnfsdom #return correct domain chnfs -r /export chnfs -p /export configured and shared pseudo root #etc/exports /export -nfsroot /var/pubblica -exname=/export/pubblica,vers=4,sec=sys:krb5p:krb5i:krb5:dh,rw exportfs -a mount correct mount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount -- show remote NFS mounts on host SYNOPSIS
showmount [-Ae36] [-a | -d] [host] DESCRIPTION
showmount shows status information about the NFS server on host. By default it prints the names of all hosts that have NFS file systems mounted on the host. See NFS: Network File System Protocol Specification, RFC 1094, Appendix A, and NFS: Network File System Version 3 Protocol Specification, Appendix I, for a detailed description of the protocol. -A Search for NFS servers advertised via Bonjour. -a List all mount points in the form: host:dirpath -d List directory paths of mount points instead of hosts. -e Show the host's exports list. -3 Use mount protocol Version 3, compatible with NFS Version 3. -6 Use only IPv6 addresses to contact servers. SEE ALSO
mount(1), mountd(8), nfsd(8), mDNSResponder(8) BUGS
The mount daemon running on the server only has an idea of the actual mounts, since the NFS server is stateless. showmount will only display the information as accurately as the mount daemon reports it. HISTORY
The showmount utility first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4th Berkeley Distribution September 26, 2010 4th Berkeley Distribution