Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: showmount -e : solaris 10
Operating Systems Solaris showmount -e : solaris 10 Post 302521207 by snchaudhari2 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 02:22:10 PM
Old 05-10-2011
showmount -e : solaris 10

Hi Admins;

I am working on nfs mount on solaris10.
I can mount the remote directory from remote nfs server, but when I try "showmount -e serverIP " on client ; it shows nothing, just hanging...

Anyone does know why showmount is not showing the exported share?

Thanks

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

showmount

SIZE=3]Is the only root can "showmount". How to set a user to be able "showmount"? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcaelbukch
1 Replies

2. Solaris

showmount

Hi, when i give showmount -a command following is the error that i get. root@server # showmount -a showmount: server: RPC: Program not registered Can anyone say the cause for that, and also a solution. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: amult
5 Replies

3. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

5. AIX

Showmount don't show NFS4

Configure nfs4 on aix ok i did all chnfsdom #return correct domain chnfs -r /export chnfs -p /export configured and shared pseudo root #etc/exports /export -nfsroot /var/pubblica -exname=/export/pubblica,vers=4,sec=sys:krb5p:krb5i:krb5:dh,rw exportfs -a mount correct mount... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Linusolaradm1
1 Replies
SHOWMOUNT(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      SHOWMOUNT(8)

NAME
showmount - show mount information for an NFS server SYNOPSIS
showmount [ -adehv ] [ --all ] [ --directories ] [ --exports ] [ --help ] [ --version ] [ host ] DESCRIPTION
showmount queries the mount daemon on a remote host for information about the state of the NFS server on that machine. With no options showmount lists the set of clients who are mounting from that host. The output from showmount is designed to appear as though it were pro- cessed through ``sort -u''. OPTIONS
-a or --all List both the client hostname or IP address and mounted directory in host:dir format. This info should not be considered reliable. See the notes on rmtab in rpc.mountd(8). -d or --directories List only the directories mounted by some client. -e or --exports Show the NFS server's export list. -h or --help Provide a short help summary. -v or --version Report the current version number of the program. --no-headers Suppress the descriptive headings from the output. SEE ALSO
rpc.mountd(8), rpc.nfsd(8) BUGS
The completeness and accuracy of the information that showmount displays varies according to the NFS server's implementation. Because showmount sorts and uniqs the output, it is impossible to determine from the output whether a client is mounting the same directory more than once. AUTHOR
Rick Sladkey <jrs@world.std.com> 6 October 1993 SHOWMOUNT(8)