Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Android Android x86 version dual boot with ubuntu Post 302521174 by jao_madn on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 12:05:41 PM
Old 05-10-2011
Android x86 version dual boot with ubuntu

Hi,

i came across this android x86 OS Link. there is a live cd and HD installation. i try the live cd and HD installation in the virtualbox and its working fine. im interested with this x86 platform. since i had a viewsonic viewpad 7 android 2.2.Does anyone try to dual boot this Android x86 OS with windows or win7 and linux (ubuntu).

Thanks for any reply.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Windows & Sun Dual boot on x86 platform...possible??

My first thread from Kuwait Peace Land :) is it possible to make dual boot on my PC between Win XP and Solaris 9 and above?? if yes , how to do?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AboJasim
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dual boot x86 Sol 10, and Linux

I've loaded sol 10, and I left 20 Gig of 70 free, I can't seem to find a straight forward proc. for loading the Linux RH. Does anyone have one, or can they point me to one ? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdel80
0 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Urgent Help Needed: Installing Dual Boot Ubuntu

Hi, I have installed Ubuntu 5.04 on my second Hard Drive. My first HD contains windows. When i make my 2nd HD as boot device, i see GRUB Menu (i.e. stage 2). On trying to boot Ubuntu, I get an Error 15: File missing problem. The FS shown was FAT. On trying to boot Windows, I am presented... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikb23
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Installation of Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 Platform with Xp SP2 as dual boot

Please help to install Solaris 10 11/06 on X86 platform with XP Sp2 as dual boot . Iam not unable to complete the installation as it shows that NO DISK AVAILABLE even i have assigned the unpartioned space of 30 GB PLz help me as my life was tired to do Installation before i retire from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skargarika
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Would like to install x86 desktop Ubuntu over AMD64 Ubuntu server

My intention was to build a dual boot XP Pro 64 and Ubuntu media server. I had installed the AMD64 version of Ubuntu 8.10 server and thought that I would be able to install Apache server. I need a GUI to work in. I tried to boot and install Mythbuntu 32 bit 8.10, but my machine now won't recognize... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: docflyboy
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

installing centos dual boot with ubuntu

I have installed ubuntu desktop on my hard drive and I gave it all the hard drive. Now I want to repatriate the hard disk and give half of it to anther ext4. How do I do that? Can I do it fron with in the ubuntu? Second when I install the centos, how can I make to recognize the ubuntu and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Sol 11 express X86:Dual monitor config,max resolution

Hello! I have some X86 desktop computer with G45 embedded dual-head video. Two monitors can be configured, but with "small" problem: the summ of dimensions in any direction (vert or horis) can't exceed 1680 pix- max sizeof virtual screen area. Attempts to edit "videoram" parameter in xorg.conf... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urry_buh
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris x86 installation using jumpstart does not local boot ( boot from hdd)

I am trying to install Solaris x86 using the Jumpstart server. I run the add_install_client command with appropriate options, and reboot my x86 Target box. The installation starts fine and unattended. After the installation completes and the target goes for a re-boot, it does not boot from the HDD... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
9 Replies

9. Ubuntu

[SOLVED] Dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu on USB

I am trying to dual boot on an external USB 500GB drive using my laptop.I have Windows 7 installed and booting on 1st partition 230GB now as active primary, 2nd partition is 100GB as primary, and 3rd partition is 135GB as primary. I was intending on installing Ubuntu onto the 2nd partition. I read... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolecho
12 Replies
nca.if(4)							   File Formats 							 nca.if(4)

NAME
nca.if - the NCA configuration file that specifies physical interfaces SYNOPSIS
/etc/nca/nca.if DESCRIPTION
Specify the physical interfaces for which the Solaris Network Cache and Accelerator ("NCA") feature will be configured in the nca.if con- figuration file. List the physical interfaces in the file, one per line. To configure NCA to listen on all physical interfaces present on the system backed by a hostname.{interface_name}, then list only an asterik ("*") in nca.if. When the ncakmod(1) initialization script is invoked during system boot, it will attempt to configure each physical interface specified in the nca.if file by using ncaconfd(1M). Note that there must be an accompanying hostname.{interface_name} file and an entry in /etc/hosts for the contents of hostname.{interface_name}. You must reboot in order to implement changes to the nca.if file. EXAMPLES
x86 Example 1: nca.if on x86 The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on an x86 system: iprb1 iprb6 iprb8 SPARC Example 2: nca.if on SPARC The following is an example of an nca.if file that would be used on a SPARC system: hme2 hme3 hme4 All Platforms Example 3: Configuring NCA to Listen on All Physical Interfaces The following example shows the contents of an nca.if file that would be used to configure either platform to listen on all physical inter- faces present on the system: * FILES
/etc/nca/nca.if Lists the physical interfaces on which NCA will run. /etc/hostname.{}{0-9} Lists all physical interfaces configured on the server. /etc/hosts Lists all host names associated with the server. Entries in this file must match with entries in /etc/host- name.{}{0-9} for NCA to function. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWncar | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ncab2clf(1), ncakmod(1), ifconfig(1M), ncakmod.conf(4), ncalogd.conf(4), attributes(5) System Administration Guide: IP Services SunOS 5.10 18 Feb 2003 nca.if(4)