Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: resize
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting resize Post 302521099 by drbiloukos on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 08:32:06 AM
Old 05-10-2011
So most likely it will not affect any cron jobs script. Just visual impact, if applicable ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to resize partitions?

I have recently changed software systems for my small business. I was running SCO OpenServer v 5.0 and have now gone to a windows based system using Windows Server 2003. No problems with the changover as the server hardware was changed also. The problem I am having is that I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtn
2 Replies

2. AIX

resize fs

Hello everyone I need to resize a filesystem /home I want to add 200mb and I have space on the disk with lsvg rootvg command I check this but I cant because has a mirror. Do you know some way that I can do this. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize filesystems

Dear All We have HP9000 rp7400 Server running with hp-ux 11i. Our Disk storage has two volume groups and are allocated as follows: 1. /#vgdisplay -v --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to resize a file

hello every body. in a little bit of a jam here.if you all happen to know how to resize the tmp file in my linux system. I use a sabayon 3.5 on a x86 machine. itried to make a dvd image copy but the system gives me a error message telling me the temporary folder used to make images is too small.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvas83
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to resize pv (pvresize)

i am running redhat on VMware i increased a disk size from san for existing disk /dev/sdb how do i resize the disk # pvdisplay --- Physical volume --- PV Name /dev/sdb1 VG Name localvg PV Size 15.00 GB / not usable 2.99 MB ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Resize volume

Dear All, We have HP Unix 11.31. We have two VG, VG01 and VG02. In VG01 there are three mount point each of 100gb size. There is no data on below mount point /soft/01 /soft/02 /soft/03Is it possible to resize each of these mount point to 50 GB. So 150 GB will free and release from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhattnirav
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

resize images

Is there a script or extension that I can look into that will re-size an allotment of images to a given size?? Id like to take images of a certain size and resize them but Im dont remember an install option that can do it if installed in ubuntu but I, also unsure in what code I will have to learn.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
2 Replies

8. AIX

Resize Lun

Good afternoon! Help with a solution I have AIX 7.1 works through vios I expanded Lun that it is necessary to make that aix saw this change and to expand the section lvm Sorry for my English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iformats
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Please tell me how to resize the partitions

It is not allowing me to create a new partition...... I know that there are no free sectors available.... I want to RESIZE the partitions which are already created. Please tell me how to resize the partitions.....Don't tell me that we can resize through parted command.... please tell me all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Resize rpool

Hi, I have rpool about 500G. So i want to use 210G from rpool and assign mount point as /database. I seek in google and couldn't found it. Does anyone know how to achieve it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
2 Replies
RESIZE(1)						      General Commands Manual							 RESIZE(1)

NAME
resize - set environment and terminal settings to current xterm window size SYNOPSIS
resize [ -u | -c ] [ -s [ row col ] ] DESCRIPTION
Resize prints a shell command for setting the appropriate environment variables to indicate the current size of xterm window from which the command is run. For this output to take effect, resize must either be evaluated as part of the command line (usually done with a shell alias or function) or else redirected to a file which can then be read in. From the C shell (usually known as /bin/csh), the following alias could be defined in the user's .cshrc: % alias rs 'set noglob; eval `resize`' After resizing the window, the user would type: % rs Users of versions of the Bourne shell (usually known as /bin/sh) that don't have command functions will need to send the output to a tempo- rary file and then read it back in with the "." command: $ resize > /tmp/out $ . /tmp/out Resize determines the user's current shell by first checking if $SHELL is set, and using that. Otherwise it determines the user's shell by looking in the password file. Generally Bourne-shell variants (including ksh) do not modify $SHELL, so it is possible for resize to be confused if one runs resize from a Bourne shell spawned from a C shell. OPTIONS
The following options may be used with resize: -u This option indicates that Bourne shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/sh. -c This option indicates that C shell commands should be generated even if the user's current shell isn't /bin/csh. -s [rows columns] This option indicates that Sun console escape sequences will be used instead of the VT100-style xterm escape codes. If rows and columns are given, resize will ask the xterm to resize itself. However, the window manager may choose to disallow the change. Note that the Sun console escape sequences are recognized by XFree86 xterm and by dtterm. The resize program may be installed as sunsize, which causes makes it assume the -s option. The rows and columns arguments must appear last; though they are normally associated with the -s option, they are parsed separately. FILES
/etc/termcap for the base termcap entry to modify. ~/.cshrc user's alias for the command. ENVIRONMENT
TERM set to "xterm" if not already set. TERMCAP variable set on systems using termcap COLUMNS, LINES variables set on systems using terminfo SEE ALSO
csh(1), tset(1), xterm(1) AUTHORS
Mark Vandevoorde (MIT-Athena), Edward Moy (Berkeley) Copyright (c) 1984, 1985 by X Consortium See X(7) for a complete copyright notice. X Window System RESIZE(1)