Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: resize
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting resize Post 302521093 by bartus11 on Tuesday 10th of May 2011 08:10:08 AM
Old 05-10-2011
It resized the terminal to the size of your current window. It is useful when you connect to the server's console, in which case without using it, effective usage area would be limited, even if you had space in your window. If you want to see example of that command working, try this:
Code:
$ stty cols 80
$ stty rows 25
$ top 
(exit top)
$ resize
$ top

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to resize partitions?

I have recently changed software systems for my small business. I was running SCO OpenServer v 5.0 and have now gone to a windows based system using Windows Server 2003. No problems with the changover as the server hardware was changed also. The problem I am having is that I would like to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtn
2 Replies

2. AIX

resize fs

Hello everyone I need to resize a filesystem /home I want to add 200mb and I have space on the disk with lsvg rootvg command I check this but I cant because has a mirror. Do you know some way that I can do this. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lo-lp-kl
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

resize filesystems

Dear All We have HP9000 rp7400 Server running with hp-ux 11i. Our Disk storage has two volume groups and are allocated as follows: 1. /#vgdisplay -v --- Volume groups --- VG Name /dev/vg00 VG Write Access read/write VG Status available... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

how to resize a file

hello every body. in a little bit of a jam here.if you all happen to know how to resize the tmp file in my linux system. I use a sabayon 3.5 on a x86 machine. itried to make a dvd image copy but the system gives me a error message telling me the temporary folder used to make images is too small.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvas83
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to resize pv (pvresize)

i am running redhat on VMware i increased a disk size from san for existing disk /dev/sdb how do i resize the disk # pvdisplay --- Physical volume --- PV Name /dev/sdb1 VG Name localvg PV Size 15.00 GB / not usable 2.99 MB ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
0 Replies

6. HP-UX

Resize volume

Dear All, We have HP Unix 11.31. We have two VG, VG01 and VG02. In VG01 there are three mount point each of 100gb size. There is no data on below mount point /soft/01 /soft/02 /soft/03Is it possible to resize each of these mount point to 50 GB. So 150 GB will free and release from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhattnirav
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

resize images

Is there a script or extension that I can look into that will re-size an allotment of images to a given size?? Id like to take images of a certain size and resize them but Im dont remember an install option that can do it if installed in ubuntu but I, also unsure in what code I will have to learn.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
2 Replies

8. AIX

Resize Lun

Good afternoon! Help with a solution I have AIX 7.1 works through vios I expanded Lun that it is necessary to make that aix saw this change and to expand the section lvm Sorry for my English (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iformats
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Please tell me how to resize the partitions

It is not allowing me to create a new partition...... I know that there are no free sectors available.... I want to RESIZE the partitions which are already created. Please tell me how to resize the partitions.....Don't tell me that we can resize through parted command.... please tell me all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vamshigvk475
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Resize rpool

Hi, I have rpool about 500G. So i want to use 210G from rpool and assign mount point as /database. I seek in google and couldn't found it. Does anyone know how to achieve it? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mzainal
2 Replies
RESIZECONS(8)							  Console Support						     RESIZECONS(8)

NAME
resizecons - change kernel idea of the console size SYNOPSIS
resizecons COLSxROWS resizecons -lines ROWS DESCRIPTION
The resizecons command tries to change the videomode of the console. There are several aspects to this: (a) the kernel must know about it, (b) the hardware must know about it, (c) user programs must know about it, (d) the console font may have to be adapted. (a) The kernel is told about the change using the ioctl VT_RESIZE. This causes the kernel to reallocate console screen memory for all vir- tual consoles, and might fail if there is not enough memory. (In that case, try to disallocate some virtual consoles first.) If this ioctl succeeds, but a later step fails (e.g., because you do not have root permissions), you may be left with a very messy screen. The most difficult part of this is (b), since it requires detailed knowledge of the video card hardware, and the setting of numerous regis- ters. Only changing the number of rows is slightly easier, and resizecons will try to do that itself, when given the -lines option. (Proba- bly, root permission will be required.) The command resizecons COLSxROWS will execute restoretextmode -r COLSxROWS (and hence requires that you have svgalib installed). Here COLSxROWS is a file that was created earlier by restoretextmode -w COLSxROWS. Again, either root permissions are required, or restoretextmode has to be suid root. In order to deal with (c), resizecons does a `stty rows ROWS cols COLS' for each active console (in the range tty0..tty15), and sends a SIGWINCH signal to selection if it finds the file /tmp/selection.pid. Finally, (d) is dealt with by executing a setfont command. Most likely, the wrong font is loaded, and you may want to do another setfont yourself afterwards. BUGS
resizecons does not work on all hardware. This command used to be called resize, but was renamed to avoid conflict with another command with the same name. SEE ALSO
setfont(8), stty(1), selection(1), restoretextmode(8), disalloc(8) Local 17 Jan 1995 RESIZECONS(8)