Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Simple Script to Check running Process Post 302518888 by kd09714 on Monday 2nd of May 2011 10:13:53 AM
Old 05-02-2011
also
"$CHECK = 0" is wrong . should be $CHECK -eq 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check for a particular process and alert if its not running

Hai Friends, I have to develop a script that checks for a particular process say x.exe once every day and report if its not running say through a blat mail. I need this to run in a given list of pc from a single point. Any suggestion of how to go abt this Thnx for any help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: goks
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

check process running

I have this script: ------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/ksh # if ] || ] then echo "Executing main_load.sh script" /usr1/psc_load/jobs/cron/main_load.sh "ods" else echo "File not found, do nothing" fi exit 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rose1207
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check if a process is running in a server from shell script.

I want to write a unix shell script that will check if a process (say debu) is running in the server or not. If no , then send a mail to the corresponding person to start the process??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: debu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to check if process is running

How do I make a shell script to see if a certain process is running. The process shows up on ps aux as /usr/sbin/daemon eg: if /usr/sbin/daemon else #nothin basically i want to run the process if it isnt running/ has been stopped. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daydreamer
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write an expect script to check if a process is running?

I'm new to expecting and i want to create a script to ssh to a device,check is a process is running and display that the process is running or not.This is what i have so far After executing this script i get an error. #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout -1 set ip "machine ip goes here" set... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: icchi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to check running of process

Hi, Can anyone please tell me how to write a shell script to check whether a process if running or not.... if its still running then wait for sometime and if not then run the next query. Also, Under my one main script main.sh I have to run 2 scripts simutaneously which take some time to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovepujain
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to check if the process is running

Hi, I check if the process is running or not using the below. /usr/ucb/ps auxww | grep 109 |grep rmi | awk '{print $2}' 9718 Thus we see 9718 is the PID. It return blank if the process is not running. I need to perform some action if the process is not running and leave it if... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shifahim
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a process can check if a particular process is running on different machine?

I have process1 running on one machine and generating some log file. Now another process which can be launched on any machine wants to know if process1 is running or not and also in case it is running it wants to stream the logs file generated by process1 on terminal from which process2 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhnsit2001
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to add conditional check of whether a process is running before doing rest of script?

Hi, I'm looking at doing a cron job for a script that could take a very short time to complete or a very long time to complete based on variable activity on a server. I don't want to do a weird schedule, but I don't want to be so aggressive that the process attempts to start before another... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: nbsparks
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to check if certain process is running

I have to kill the process "test" for a maintenance I do but want the script to check when it comes back up. I can get what I want when I run this while loop: while true;do ps -ef | grep test | grep -v grep | sed -e 's/^*//';sleep 60;done but I want the script to do it for me and as soon as... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies
ZGREP(1)						      General Commands Manual							  ZGREP(1)

NAME
zgrep - search possibly compressed files for a regular expression SYNOPSIS
zgrep [ grep_options ] [ -e ] pattern filename... DESCRIPTION
Zgrep invokes grep on compressed or gzipped files. These grep options will cause zgrep to terminate with an error code: (-[drRzZ]|--di*|--exc*|--inc*|--rec*|--nu*). All other options specified are passed directly to grep. If no file is specified, then the standard input is decompressed if necessary and fed to grep. Otherwise the given files are uncompressed if necessary and fed to grep. If the GREP environment variable is set, zgrep uses it as the grep program to be invoked. EXIT CODE
2 - An option that is not supported was specified. AUTHOR
Charles Levert (charles@comm.polymtl.ca) SEE ALSO
grep(1), gzexe(1), gzip(1), zdiff(1), zforce(1), zmore(1), znew(1) ZGREP(1)