Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making 99 folders 99 folders deep Post 302517030 by YukonAppleGeek on Monday 25th of April 2011 11:57:34 PM
Old 04-26-2011
Tried

I tried doing a loop but when ever i do it does not work, it never changes the directory and then errors up.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backing up Folders without some folders...;)

I am in a fix....... I have to write a backup script to backup say Folder A. Folder A contains n folders 1,2 ,3 .....n. my script should copy A without folder 2 & 3. Is there anyway I can do it without writing individual copy commands???? Please help.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chimpu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying Folders without some folders... ;-)

I am in a fix....... I have to write a backup script to backup say Folder A. Folder A contains n folders 1,2 ,3 .....n. my script should copy A without folder 2 & 3. Is there anyway I can do it without writing individual copy commands???? Please help.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimpu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming folders

Hello, I'm new to unix and I have to rename all folder fron the current folder from a name like "xx - Name of the Folder" to "Name of the Folder - xx". xx is a number ... Can somebody, please, help? Thank you! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirciulicai
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to hide folders

hello everybody, i would like to hide visibility of the folders , i.e. not to giving any physically visibility to any users . Is there any way to do it other than changing the permission and adding "." post folder name . by changing the permission , we cann't do any activity , but have... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Folders with more than one 'owner'

I have a peculiar problem. I have a particular directory with the following characteristics: -bash-3.00# ls -lah total 18 drwxr-x--- 7 gandalf shire 512 jul 3 07:20 . drwxr-x--- 11 gandalf shire 512 mai 10 2010 .. drwxr-xr-x 6 gandalf shire 3,0K jul 24 19:25 brasdeff drwxr-xr-x... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy between two different folders containing same sub-folders

I have a folder like this ls input1 dir1 dir2 dir3 file1 file2 file3 dir1, dir2 and dir3 are sub-folders inside the folder input1 ls input2 dir1 dir2 dir3 file1 file2 file3 My dir1 in input1 folder has files f1, f2, f3 and f4. My dir1 in input2 folder has file f4 and f5. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archive folders and sub folders

Hi Can i archive folder and folders in with the tar command My files are located in subfolders Eg: Folder1/Folder1_1/*.pdf Folder1/Folder1_2/*.pdf Folder1/Folder1_3/*.pdf so i would like to tar all the files in Folder1_1 and Folder1_2 only not Folder1_3 that should be done next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exclude certain folders

Hi Experts, Below is my shell script and it will move the files older than 90 days to archive mount. Now my new requirement is , I need to move some of the directory files older than 365 days. How can I achieve this. Simply I have DIR1 DIR2 DIR3 DIR4 I need to exclude DIR 2 and DIR 2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumugavelvelu
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
XtAppMainLoop() 														   XtAppMainLoop()

Name
  XtAppMainLoop - continuously process events.

Synopsis
  void XtAppMainLoop(app_context)
	 XtAppContext app_context;

Inputs
  app_context
	    Specifies the application context that identifies the application.

Returns
  XtAppMainLoop() enters an infinite loop and never returns.

Description
  XtAppMainLoop()  enters  an  infinite  loop  which  calls  XtAppNextEvent() to wait for an events on all displays in app_context and XtDis-
  patchEvent() to dispatch that event to the appropriate code.

Usage
  Most applications will call XtAppNextEvent() as the last line of their main() procedure.  Some applications may provide their own  versions
  of  this  loop, however.  A custom event loop might test an application-dependent global flag or other termination condition before looping
  back and calling XtAppNextEvent().  If the number of top-level widgets drops to zero, the application may be able to exit safely, for exam-
  ple.

Applications that use multiple application contexts or that use internal event loops will have to build their own event loop.

Background
  XtAppNextEvent()  looks  for	X  events in the input queue, and also handles timer events (see XtAppAddTimeOut()) and events from alternate
  input sources (see XtAppAddInput()).	If none of these events are pending and a work	procedure  (see  XtAppAddWorkProc())  is  registered,
  XtAppNextEvent()  invokes  that  work procedure to do background processing, otherwise it blocks waiting for an event.  Note that XtAppNex-
  tEvent() dispatches timer and input events directly, but returns any X events that occur.   Within  XtAppMainLoop(),	these  X  events  are
  always passed to XtDispatchEvent().

XtDispatchEvent()  dispatches an event to the appropriate event handlers (see XtAddEventHandler()).  Note that the translation manager reg-
  isters an event handler, and that events that are dispatched to the translation manager will be further  dispatched  through	the  transla-
  tions-to-actions mechanism.

Example
  XtAppMainLoop() is implemented as follows:

void XtAppMainLoop(app)
	     XtAppContext app;
     {
	 XEvent event;

for (;;) {
	     XtAppNextEvent(app, &event);
	     XtDispatchEvent(&event);
	 }
     }

See Also
  XtAddEventHandler(1), XtAppAddInput(1), XtAppAddTimeOut(1), XtAppAddWorkProc(1), XtAppNextEvent(1), XtAppProcessEvent(1), XtDis-
  patchEvent(1).

Xt - Event Handling														   XtAppMainLoop()