Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting current folder name appended to all desired files Post 302514640 by c_bg1 on Sunday 17th of April 2011 05:58:42 AM
Old 04-17-2011
Thank you again!

Everything is fine now, only thing that bothers me is the message:
Code:
mv: `file1.txt' and `file1.txt' are the same file

each time the script loops.

Is there a way of disabling those messages?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pack current folder

How do I pack (using tar zcvf ?) the current folder inluding all files and folders ?? I need to be sure to get all files and folders/subfolders... Later I will unpack into a new folder on a new server.. Appreciate any help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WebWatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk to create new folder in current directory

Alright, I am sure this is a laughable question, but I don't know so I am going to ask anyway. I have a little script I am writing to take information from one source, recode it in a certain way, and print to files for each subject I have data for. This all works perfectly. I just want to put... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy set of files with date appended to their name

Hi gurus, I have set of files in a directory ex : test_file1.csv test_file2.csv test_file3.csv my requirement is to copy these files into another directory but with date appended to the name : like after copying the files should look like : test_file1_07072008.csv ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in current folder only?

How do I find files in current folder only? We are on AIX 5.3, so maxdepth is not supported. I tried to do this find /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 -prune -type f to display all files in /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 only but it does not show any files. Somehow the -prune option works for dir3 level... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file from current folder

Hello guys, I am sure this has been asked before, but honestly, I cant find post talking about it. Here is what I need: - A tar file will be generated manually by user - This tar file is then used within a bash shell script My source folder structure is like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert all files in current folder from UTF8 to ANSI, name unchanged.

Asking for a Linux command line to convert all files in current folder from UTF8 to ANSI, name unchanged. Best Regards Pei (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)							 1							  NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)

nsapi_virtual - Perform an NSAPI sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool nsapi_virtual (string $uri) DESCRIPTION
nsapi_virtual(3) is an NSAPI-specific function which is equivalent to <!--#include virtual...--> in SSI ( .shtml files). It does an NSAPI sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you'd parse through webserver. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. You cannot make recursive requests with this function to other PHP scripts. If you want to include PHP scripts, use include(3) or require(3). Note This function depends on a undocumented feature of the Netscape/iPlanet/Sun webservers. Use phpinfo(3) to determine if it is avail- able. In the Unix environment it should always work, in Windows it depends on the name of a ns-httpdXX.dll file. Read the note about subrequests in the NSAPI section (UNIX, Windows) if you experience this problem. PARAMETERS
o $uri - The URI of the script. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)