Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting current folder name appended to all desired files Post 302514618 by ahamed101 on Sunday 17th of April 2011 04:50:25 AM
Old 04-17-2011
If you are using the grep and sed command to merge all the file in the subfolder to one big file, then you can try this

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
HOMEDIR=/cygdrive/n/test
dirs=`ls | grep -v run`
for dir in $dirs
do
  cd $HOMEDIR/$dir
  files=`ls`
  dirname=`echo $dir | sed 's=/==g'`
  for file in $files
  do
    echo $file >> merged_$dir.txt    #this will have the file name first
    cat $file >> merged_$dir.txt    # and then the contents.
    newfile=`echo $file | sed "s/temp/$dirname/g"`
    mv $file $newfile
  done
done

regards,
Ahamed
This User Gave Thanks to ahamed101 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pack current folder

How do I pack (using tar zcvf ?) the current folder inluding all files and folders ?? I need to be sure to get all files and folders/subfolders... Later I will unpack into a new folder on a new server.. Appreciate any help.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WebWatch
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk to create new folder in current directory

Alright, I am sure this is a laughable question, but I don't know so I am going to ask anyway. I have a little script I am writing to take information from one source, recode it in a certain way, and print to files for each subject I have data for. This all works perfectly. I just want to put... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccox85
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to copy set of files with date appended to their name

Hi gurus, I have set of files in a directory ex : test_file1.csv test_file2.csv test_file3.csv my requirement is to copy these files into another directory but with date appended to the name : like after copying the files should look like : test_file1_07072008.csv ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sish78
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find files in current folder only?

How do I find files in current folder only? We are on AIX 5.3, so maxdepth is not supported. I tried to do this find /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 -prune -type f to display all files in /dir1/dir2/dir3/dir4 only but it does not show any files. Somehow the -prune option works for dir3 level... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar file from current folder

Hello guys, I am sure this has been asked before, but honestly, I cant find post talking about it. Here is what I need: - A tar file will be generated manually by user - This tar file is then used within a bash shell script My source folder structure is like this: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manolain
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert all files in current folder from UTF8 to ANSI, name unchanged.

Asking for a Linux command line to convert all files in current folder from UTF8 to ANSI, name unchanged. Best Regards Pei (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johannd
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move txt file to with current date appended to filename

I have multiple txt files which begin with the word "orders" in folder C:\source. I need to move the files to folder C:\dest and rename them to "process_<date>_<count>" So for example , if there are 3 files ordersa.txt , ordersb.txt and ordersc.txt in C:\source , after running the script I want... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: johannd
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Folder contents getting appended as strings while redirecting file contents to a variable

Hi one of the output of the command is as below # sed -n "/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/,/---------/{/CCM-ResourceHealthCheck:/d;/---------/d;p;}" Automation.OutputZ$zoneCounter | sed 's/$/<br>/' Resource List : <br> *************************** 1. row ***************************<br> ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to replace old date with current date dynamically in multiple files present in a folder

I am trying to work on a script where it is a *(star) delimited file has a multiple lines starts with RTG and 3rd column=TD8 I want to substring the date part and I want to replace with currentdate minus 15 days. Here is an example. iam using AIX server $ cat temp.txt RTG*888*TD8*20180201~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
1 Replies
xdg-user-dir(1) 						   User Commands						   xdg-user-dir(1)

NAME
xdg-user-dir - Get the path used for desktop user directory location. SYNOPSIS
xdg-user-dir DIR DESCRIPTION
xdg-user-dir is a utility that extracts the location of the specified desktop user directory from the file : ${HOME}/.config/user-dirs.dirs OPERANDS
Valid desktop directories (DIR) are: DESKTOP DOWNLOAD TEMPLATES PUBLICSHARE DOCUMENTS MUSIC PICTURES VIDEOS If an invalid directory is requested ${HOME} is returned. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: HOME. Other environment variable that are used are: XDG_CONFIG_HOME Base directory for storge of XDG configuration files. Defaults to ${HOME}/.config FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/xdg-user-dir XDG Directory expansion utility. ${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/user-dirs.dirs Location of the user-specific configuration including the current list of directories and what they map to. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Location of user's documents directory % xdg-user-dir DOCUMENTS /home/user/Documents ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWxdg-user-dirs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
More information can be found at: http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-user-dirs xdg-user-dirs-update(1), xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Darren Kenny, Sun Microsystems Inc, 2008 SunOS 5.11 03 Apr 2008 xdg-user-dir(1)