Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Factorial of any number using functions Post 302512333 by itkamaraj on Saturday 9th of April 2011 01:50:44 PM
Old 04-09-2011
Alister,

Can you please explain your code.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regarding functions

Hi, I have a function or script like this. show() { echo "Hi" } | tee -a log show This creates a logfile and prints Hi in it. Now when I try to do the same for sql like this: show() { sqlplus -s scott/tiger<<! select * from details; ! } | tee -a log show Then it gives me a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sendhilmani
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

functions in

hi could anybody please suggest me how to put a function memory for particular user. say i am a user rao. want have a function foo in memory . i have done this .typed the function function in the shell it worked for the session.but next time i do login its not there . i can i have a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of functions

Hi my shell is tcsh can I have functions in my shell scripting? Is the below shell script correct. Can I have two functions and call one of them as required. ---------- echo "functions" f1 f1 () { echo "hello" } f2 () (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

get positive number n as argument script must calculate the factorial of its argument

Can someone please help me with this SHELL script? I need to create a script that gets a positive number n as an argument. The script must calculate the factorial of its argument. In other words, it must calculate n!=1x2x3x...xn. Note that 0!=1. Here is a start but I have no clue how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: I-1
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a little help with functions

I'm semi new to unix/linux and am trying to convert a program I wrote in C++ to a bash script. It's a program that prints Fibonacci's series. I have found scripts that will do it, but I'm trying persistently to get this one to work. The problem occurs when I try to return a value from the function.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Glowworm
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH: Factorial using FOR loop not working

Hi, I am trying to run the factorial script but it’s not working. The code is mentioned below: ------------------------------------------------------------------ /home/gc> cat fact.sh #!/bin/bash # using one command line parameter factorial=1 for (( number = 1; number <= $1 ;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Technext
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

i think i need functions ?

Hi, im making a little script but need some help Code i have so far is read -p 'Bot Nickname:' ecnick read -p 'Bot Username:' ecusername read -p 'Bot Realname:' ecrealname read -p 'Your Email:' ecemail echo '' echo Your bots nickname is set to $ecnick echo Your bots username is set to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gemster
2 Replies

8. Programming

Functions

Hi All, Can any one help me. I am calling in a function2 with string as parameter from function1, the function1 gives 3 values. how i get the 3 values from funciton2 to function1. i have to give a return or something. thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uday.sena.m
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute functions or initiate functions as command line parameters for below requirement?

I have 7 functions those need to be executed as command line inputs, I tried with below code it’s not executing function. If I run the ./script 2 then fun2 should execute , how to initiate that function I tried case and if else also, how to initiate function from command line if then... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

README: Factorial quick chart with sed & bc:

Hi all, While doing some checks I found a kind of interesting arithmetic factorial chart with sed, sharing this may be simple but thought to share, # n=20;for i in `seq $n`;do printf "`seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g'`= ";echo "`seq $i|xargs|sed 's/ /*/g'`"| bc;done 1= 1 1*2= 2 1*2*3= 6... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
6 Replies
MENHIR(1)						      General Commands Manual							 MENHIR(1)

NAME
menhir - parser generator for OCaml SYNOPSIS
menhir [options] files DESCRIPTION
menhir is a LR(1) parser generator for the Objective Caml programming language. That is, Menhir compiles LR(1) grammar specifications down to Objective Caml code. It is mostly compatible with ocamlyacc(1). OPTIONS
-h, --help Show summary of options. -b, --base basename Specifies a base name for the output file(s). --comment Include comments in the generated code. --depend Invoke ocamldep and display dependencies. --dump Describe the automaton in basename.automaton. --error-recovery Attempt recovery by discarding tokens after errors. --explain Explain conflicts in basename.conflicts. --external-tokens module Import token type definition from module. --graph Write grammar's dependency graph to basename.dot. --infer Invoke ocamlc for ahead of time type inference. --interpret Interpret the sentences provided on stdin. --interpret-show-cst Show a concrete syntax tree upon acceptance. -la, --log-automaton level Log information about the automaton. -lc, --log-code level Log information about the generated code. -lg, --log-grammar level Log information about the grammar. --no-inline Ignore the %inline keyword. --no-stdlib Do not load the standard library. --ocamlc command Specifies how ocamlc should be invoked. --ocamldep command Specifies how ocamldep should be invoked. --only-preprocess Print a simplified grammar and exit. --only-tokens Generate token type definition only, no code. --raw-depend Invoke ocamldep and echo its raw output. --stdlib directory Specify where the standard library lies. --suggest-comp-flags Suggest compilation flags for ocaml{c,opt}. --suggest-link-flags-byte Suggest link flags for ocamlc. --suggest-link-flags-opt Suggest link flags for ocamlopt. -t, --table Use the table-based back-end. --timings Display internal timings. --trace Include tracing instructions in the generated code. --version Show version number and exit. -v Synonymous with --dump --explain. SEE ALSO
ocaml(1). AUTHOR
menhir was written by Francois Pottier and Yann Regis-Gianas. This manual page was written by Samuel Mimram <smimram@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 19, 2006 MENHIR(1)