Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out Post 302511341 by thecobra151 on Wednesday 6th of April 2011 02:45:50 PM
Old 04-06-2011
this issue is solved the problem was network side .

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Rpc

Hello, I would like to do a program (in C) on which I would have to call 3 or more executables using execl command. But if the executables are situated on another machine say Y and I do a programe on the machine X, is it possible to invoke those executables (binaries) from the other machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: driki
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPC service

Hi All, How can I add RPC service in SCO 5.0.7. I did not find in the sco cd please help me Alice (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
0 Replies

3. Programming

RPC Programming

I am trying to create a server and client pair to run using RPC. I have generated the client/server stubs, the XDR file, and the header file using rpcgen. The problem is that when I try to compile the code, I always get undefined symbols: xdr_vector, xdr_pointer, clnt_create, xdr_char,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emeralddream
1 Replies

4. Solaris

RPC failure on yp operation

Hi....I just changed the hostnname on some of my servers.., changing the NIS master hostname first... I was able to bring the NIS master back up but when I tried to si - to a different group of users, I got the following error message: RPC failure on yp operation Anyone knows what else I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

rpcbind failure

Hello experts.. What is the meaning of " RPC : rpcbind failure" in NFS ? What would be the reason for that? How can i resolve that issue? give me all aspects (all views).. Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC Issue

Hi Folks, I am facing a problem using RPC based connection between two different OS ( RHEL 5 and Windows XP). We have a Camelot ( Cad Navigation Equipment - Running is RHEL5) which is connected to an FEI equipment ( Running in Windows XP).The connection uses an RPC based Driver for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

RPC Issue

Hi Folks, I am facing a problem using RPC based connection between two different OS ( RHEL 5 and Windows XP). We have a Camelot ( Cad Navigation Equipment - Running is RHEL5) which is connected to an FEI equipment ( Running in Windows XP).The connection uses an RPC based Driver for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
0 Replies

10. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)