Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Clients for Solaris IPSEC tunnel Post 302510404 by vectox on Sunday 3rd of April 2011 05:41:24 PM
Old 04-03-2011
Clients for Solaris IPSEC tunnel

Hi all,

I'm running solaris x86_64 as a home server and am quite happy with it. Currently I'm working with Solaris 10 and 11 express. Typically I tunnel traffic to it via ssh with port forwards, but I'm interested in using the built in IPSEC features that Solaris has. I've setup a solaris to solaris tunnel before, but is it possible to setup an IPSEC tunnel and then connect to it with a Macbook, Windows or Linux client?

There are L2TP & Cisco IPSEC clients, but is all this compatible with a Solaris IPSEC setup?

Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 server and Jumpstarting 2.6 clients

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have successfully configured a Solaris 8 server with Jumpstart! I can Jumpstart Solaris 8 client systems with no problem. My configuration is as follows: Jumpstart Server: Solaris 8 patched with Recommended Patches from June 05. I have installed Solaris 8 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem Opening X-Clients in Solaris

Hi, I use hummingbird exceed9.0 to open active X-Server Sessions to Solaris(Sol9 SPARC) machines. I m able to open "Solaris desktops(CDE)" for all Solaris machines except a specific machine. Initially the XDMCP display manager chooser did not display (that) server in the list. I had to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 IPSec peformance

Hi, does anyone have an experience how many IPSec tunnels Solaris 10 is able manage. A rough estimation would be great. I know it's hardly dependent on the hardware used, so if anyone says on a 490 with 2 CPUs and 4GB RAM a maximum of 1000 IPSec tunnels is possible, that would be great. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blombo
1 Replies

4. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Benchmarking a new Solaris, with four different clients

Good morning, for the impatient: I have a new backup-server and need to monitor, what the machine can do, what's the best way of finding that out? I will tell the story right from the beginning, so you have a clue about what's going on: I have a setup of three machines: A new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: PatrickBaer
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Connecting Solaris 10 to Cisco PIX with IPsec tunnel

I having problem connecting to a Cisco PIX Log from IKE # /usr/lib/inet/in.iked -f /etc/inet/ike/config -d Jan 16 00:40:57: 2012 (+0800) *** in.iked started *** Jan 16 00:40:57: Loading configuration... Jan 16 00:40:57: Checking lifetimes in "nullrule" Jan 16 00:40:57: Using default value... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: conandor
0 Replies

7. Cybersecurity

IPSEC

hello, after configuration ipsec in ip4 I can not ping between client and server whereas I had success ping before configuration! I also generate different key for AH and ESP as i have shown below. what is my problem and what should i do to have ping and test the configuration? code: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: elinaz
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

Setting up NTP HP-UX clients from solaris NTP server

Hi I wonder if its possible to setup NTP clients running HP-UX o.s. from a solaris 10 NTP server? FR (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

VPN tunnel to UDP tunnel

I have a program which uses TCP connection for VPN tunnel. How do i Change TCP tunnel to UDP tunnel?.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sahithi
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)