Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out Post 302510223 by thecobra151 on Saturday 2nd of April 2011 05:35:04 AM
Old 04-02-2011
RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

while i trying to mount from NAS i have this messages

Code:
mount -F nfs -o rw 172.16.110.13:/tremabkup /tremabkup
nfs mount: 172.16.110.13: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out
nfs mount: retrying: /tremabkup

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Rpc

Hello, I would like to do a program (in C) on which I would have to call 3 or more executables using execl command. But if the executables are situated on another machine say Y and I do a programe on the machine X, is it possible to invoke those executables (binaries) from the other machine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: driki
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RPC service

Hi All, How can I add RPC service in SCO 5.0.7. I did not find in the sco cd please help me Alice (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
0 Replies

3. Programming

RPC Programming

I am trying to create a server and client pair to run using RPC. I have generated the client/server stubs, the XDR file, and the header file using rpcgen. The problem is that when I try to compile the code, I always get undefined symbols: xdr_vector, xdr_pointer, clnt_create, xdr_char,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emeralddream
1 Replies

4. Solaris

RPC failure on yp operation

Hi....I just changed the hostnname on some of my servers.., changing the NIS master hostname first... I was able to bring the NIS master back up but when I tried to si - to a different group of users, I got the following error message: RPC failure on yp operation Anyone knows what else I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Remi
1 Replies

5. Solaris

rpcbind failure

Hello experts.. What is the meaning of " RPC : rpcbind failure" in NFS ? What would be the reason for that? How can i resolve that issue? give me all aspects (all views).. Thanks in advance... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Error : "RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out"

Hello I am having an issue with a server SUN FIRE T2000 (Solaris 10). First of all the server didn't boot normaly so I did a full restoration of the file systems. Now the server boot, most of the services are available (not all the services), but I keep on seeing RPC: Rpcbind failure -... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris)

C: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out error (solaris) hello an nfs server on my sun fire v440 is not responding , i get the error bellow and lots of my networking services are not reponding, please helppppp its an emergency RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out i also get NFS server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feg
2 Replies

8. Solaris

RPC Issue

Hi Folks, I am facing a problem using RPC based connection between two different OS ( RHEL 5 and Windows XP). We have a Camelot ( Cad Navigation Equipment - Running is RHEL5) which is connected to an FEI equipment ( Running in Windows XP).The connection uses an RPC based Driver for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
0 Replies

9. IP Networking

RPC Issue

Hi Folks, I am facing a problem using RPC based connection between two different OS ( RHEL 5 and Windows XP). We have a Camelot ( Cad Navigation Equipment - Running is RHEL5) which is connected to an FEI equipment ( Running in Windows XP).The connection uses an RPC based Driver for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asheshrocky
0 Replies

10. Solaris

nfs mount: RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out

Fails to mount the server (10.125.224.22) during installation of a software on client, throwing the below error: nfs mount: 10.125.224.22: : RPC: Rpcbind failure - RPC: Timed out nfs mount: retrying: /cdrom This happened after complete shutdown of the lab. The server came up fine but most... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frintocf
1 Replies
RUSERS(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 RUSERS(1)

NAME
rusers -- who is logged in to machines on local network SYNOPSIS
rusers [-al] [host ...] DESCRIPTION
The rusers command produces output similar to who, but for the list of hosts or all machines on the local network. For each host responding to the rusers query, the hostname with the names of the users currently logged on is printed on each line. The rusers command will wait for one minute to catch late responders. The following options are available: -a Print all machines responding even if no one is currently logged in. -l Print a long format listing. This includes the user name, host name, tty that the user is logged in to, the date and time the user logged in, the amount of time since the user typed on the keyboard, and the remote host they logged in from (if applicable). DIAGNOSTICS
rusers: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rusersd(8) daemon has terminated on the remote host. rusers: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see portmap(8) ), and cannot accomodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
rwho(1) users(1), who(1), portmap(8), rpc.rusersd(8) HISTORY
The rusers command appeared in SunOS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. Linux NetKit (0.17) August 15, 1999 Linux NetKit (0.17)