Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to compare md5
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Script to compare md5 Post 302508825 by theboogymaster on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 07:32:29 AM
Old 03-29-2011
if is more wasy to do this in perl in my opinion .. there are a lot of modules that can do this.
http://search.cpan.org/~delta/Digest...st/Perl/MD5.pm
This User Gave Thanks to theboogymaster For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Md5

Does anyone know a scipt that includes MD5. I need to run a script that includes MD5 encryption. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duncang3
1 Replies

2. Linux

Need Help: MD5

I am trying to compare two identical files by using md5 command, but cant get the right command parameters Please help me with any examples. All I want is to know how to compare two identical files which are residing on two different machines in my local network, for example: Host_A -... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: greenja
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with md5 in PERL

I am a newbie in programming in Perl. My problem is that this unix command is embedded in Perl but it gives an empty output. Here's the code: $temp = `md5 "../Directory String/..." | awk {'print $NF'} > "../Directory/file.txt"`; The output file should contain the md5 hash value of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ianebaj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] MD5 Checks with Script.

Hi. I'm triyng to make a Bash Script that checks (recursively) the MD5 from all the files in a certain directory and compare them against some other check that should be already done and saved in a file. I've reached to the point where i have the MD5 from the file and the MD5 that the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BiFo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to create a simple script using MD5, SSH...

Hi all, I am brand new to these forums and I am a brand new UNIX Administartor. Don't know any scripting yet :wall:, and would like to learn as my boss is slowly letting me understand everything about being a Sys/*Nix Admin. He created this script which I am trying to replicate because I lost it... (54 Replies)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
54 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create md5 sums and archive the resulting md5 files

Hello everyone, I am looking to basically creating md5sum files for all iso files in a directory and archive the resulting md5 files into a single archive in that very same directory. I worked out a clumsy solution such as: #find files for which md5sum are to be created and store the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SurfTranquille
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with MD5 script

Hi, I tried to write script, which would be able to generate MD5 sums into txt file.. But It won't work.. (I've been trying to fix that over 4 hours, but nothing helps) Here it is #!/bin/bash FILE="nothing1" POST="nothing2" I=1 while do FILE=`ls -ltR | grep "^-" | tr -s "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TheBarnacle
1 Replies

8. Solaris

md5 checksum what does it do

Hello good people, I came across md5 checksum. Can anyone please explain to me what it does and if possible an example of how to use it? Thank you very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cjashu
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

scp script with MD5

I have more than one file in my directory & I want to SCP them all with MD5 verification of local & remote file, Problem is that the script gets stop after scp one file. Below is the code. #!/usr/bin/bash cd /application/datafolder/my/ ls > my_file_list.txt while read fname do ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to reverse the b64 format(encoded b64(b64(md5($pass)))) into md5 hash format?

I have about 1500 rows (encoded b64(b64(md5($pass))) algorythm) in a file. I would like reverse the b64 into md5 hash format. How could I do that from command line? So I need only the correct md5 hash formats. These row format: 4G5qc2WQzGES6QkWAUgl5w P9tKxonBOg3ymr8vOBLnDA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freeroute
1 Replies
IO::Digest(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     IO::Digest(3)

NAME
IO::Digest - Calculate digests while reading or writing SYNOPSIS
use IO::Digest; # Get a Digest::MD5 object that takes input while $fh being written or read $iod = IO::Digest->new ($fh, 'MD5'); print $fh "fooo"; print $iod->hexdigest DESCRIPTION
This module allows you to calculate digests while reading or writing file handles. This avoids the case you need to reread the same content to compute the digests after written a file. TEST COVERAGE
----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ File stmt branch cond sub time total ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ blib/lib/IO/Digest.pm 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 Total 100.0 n/a n/a 100.0 100.0 100.0 ----------------------------------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ ------ AUTHORS
Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2004 by Chia-liang Kao <clkao@clkao.org>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See <http://www.perl.com/perl/misc/Artistic.html> perl v5.16.2 2004-09-11 IO::Digest(3)