Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Putty Command
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Putty Command Post 302508723 by khadkabirendra on Tuesday 29th of March 2011 12:15:11 AM
Old 03-29-2011
Bug Server Details

My Server OS is Centos. I have apache & Apache tomcat server installed with mysql database in the server.
I use putty to access server remotely & update the site.

commands like ls, dir, mv,cp,vi,ftp etc are working.Can any one tell me how to upload file/folders directly from my local machine to server using putty?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

PuTTY 0.59

On my opinion, one of the best ssh/telnet clients for windows, putty released a new version: Get it here, PuTTY 0.59 - PuTTY can now connect to local serial ports as well as making network connections. - Improved speed of SSH, particularly SSH-2 key exchange and public-key authentication -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putty KeepAlive command

Could anyone pls tell me what's the Putty KeepAlive command, use to prevent the putty disconnected from server.thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dannyd_y
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty

i am connecting to a unix-application using putty (xp). sometime, it is as if the putty is sending a form-feed char, because i am getting a blank screen, and by back scrolling i see the previous screen with all the related data. if i am using the xp-telnet, i get the screen/data correctly. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifa-system
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading putty command line parameters from Linux

I am running Putty 0.60 from Windows XP and I am connecting to a Linux box. I would like to be able to pass a command line parameter to my Linux session so that my Linux session can execute a specific command, depending on the command line parameter. I have looked on the Internet and tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SFNYC
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help for PuTTy.

I'm using PuTTY to establish a SSH connection to a remote UNIX machine. I need to fetch a file from the remote system into my local Windows system. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to delay password entry - putty connection manager

Hi all, putty connection manager is great but when attempting to sudo or ssh to another box via the post login commands it is subject to issues due to network latency (what happens is that pcm enters the password before the unix box is ready to receive it). Is there any clever way I can make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skinnygav
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

putty and Redhat

Hi, I use putty and vncviewer on XP to get screen form the RH Enterprise ws 6.0 . Although it has high quality of graphics scrolling down leads to blinks on screen which is annoying while using EDA design tools. Is there anyway to utilize putty (with some extra tool) so that EDA design tool... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: titanic
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding PUTTY

Hello Forum members There is no any time parameter on putty so how can I stay my putty ssh session always Alive? So please reply to my querry. I am looking forward from Forum. Advance Thanks Siva. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting command output to putty window title.

Hi, Last 2 weeks I have searched many forums and i haven't found the answer for the question: How to get all command output to Putty title? Needed it for other programs to know when some jobs on a server is done and is it done right or wrong. Plink stdout and stdin wasn't working, i used many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: domagaj
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Remote command in PuTTY

I have an issue with all of my AIX servers where a user can execute a remote command (bash in this case) using PuTTY and bypass all of the application security that we setup in the users .profile. How do I secure this without breaking the rest of the users? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_brodie
8 Replies
PARTX(8)						      System Manager's Manual							  PARTX(8)

NAME
partx - telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. SYNOPSIS
partx [-a|-d|-l] [--type TYPE] [--nr M-N] [partition] disk DESCRIPTION
Given a block device ( disk ) and a partition table type , try to parse the partition table, and list the contents. Optionally add or remove partitions. This is not an fdisk - adding and removing partitions is not a change of the disk, but just telling the kernel about presence and numbering of on-disk partitions. OPTIONS
-a add specified partitions or read disk and add all partitions -d delete specified or all partitions -l list partitions. Note that the all numbers are in 512-byte sectors. --type TYPE Specify the partition type -- dos, bsd, solaris, unixware or gpt. --nr M-N Specify the range of partitions (e.g --nr 2-4). SEE ALSO
addpart(8), delpart(8), fdisk(8), parted(8), partprobe(8) AVAILABILITY
The partx command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. 11 Jan 2007 PARTX(8)