Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Test - too many arguments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Test - too many arguments Post 302508419 by locoroco on Monday 28th of March 2011 05:15:03 AM
Old 03-28-2011
WOW, nice!

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can not test many arguments

I'm writing a shell script with bash ver 2.05b in linux. My script has a test with 5 arguments like this: until do .....(some codes) done but it raise an error: [: too many arguments I tried some ways but not ok. Could you give a way to work around this. Thanks... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baton
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

can't TEST multiple arguments for a file

Hi, I'm new to scripting and teaching myself how to code. Using Korn, I coded this one return "True" if a file is executable and it's not empty. However, each time I pass a file that is 777 which contains data, the script returns "false". if then echo "true" else echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cruiser
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies
nice(3) 						     Library Functions Manual							   nice(3)

NAME
nice - Changes the scheduling priority of a process LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc) Berkeley Compatibility Library (libbsd) SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int nice( int increment); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: nice(): XSH4.2 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. PARAMETERS
Specifies a value that is added to the current process priority. You can specify a negative value. DESCRIPTION
The nice() function adds the value specified in the increment parameter to the nice value of the calling process. The nice value is a non- negative number; a higher nice value gives the process a lower CPU priority. When you are using the Standard C Library version of the nice() function, the maximum nice value for a process is 39 (2 * {NZERO} -1) and the minimum is 0 (zero). Requests for values outside these limits result in the nice value being set to the corresponding limit. [XPG4-UNIX] If execution of the Standard C Library nice() function fails, the system does not alter the specified priority. Any process can lower its priority (numerically raise its nice value). A process must have superuser privileges to raise its priority (numerically lower its nice value). [Tru64 UNIX] For backward compatibility, a version of the nice() function is supported that allows nice values in the range of -20 to 20. Requests for values above or below these limits result in the nice value being set to the corresponding limit. To use the backward-compat- ible version of nice(), compile with the Berkeley Compatibility Library (libbsd.a). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, the nice() function returns the new nice value minus 20 ({NZERO}). Otherwise, the function returns -1 and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The Standard C Library version of nice() sets errno to the specified values for the following conditions: The calling process does not have appropriate privilege. [Tru64 UNIX] The libbsd.a version of nice() sets errno to the same values as the setpriority() function. For information about possible return values for the setpriority() function, see setpriority(2). RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: exec(2), getpriority(2), setpriority(2) Standards: standards(5) delim off nice(3)