Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Bad flash sound in Firefox, Chrome (youtube norm) Post 302506469 by Xcislav on Monday 21st of March 2011 01:17:32 AM
Old 03-21-2011
Bad flash sound in Firefox, Chrome (youtube norm)

There is a solution but it seems that it works only once - the first run (adding to a shortcut LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/linusmemcpy.so /usr/bin/firefox &) . Then an error occurs:

Failed to execute child process "LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/linusmemcpy.so" (No such file or directory)

linusmemcpy.so exists in the location but it does not work.

It was by the advice:
1. Cut and paste this into a prompt:
---Cut below---
Code:
cat > $HOME/Downloads/linusmemcpy.c <<EOF
#include <sys/types.h>

void *memcpy(void *dst, const void *src, size_t size)
{
void *orig = dst;
asm volatile("rep ; movsq"
:"=D" (dst), "=S" (src)
:"0" (dst), "1" (src), "c" (size >> 3)
:"memory");
asm volatile("rep ; movsb"
:"=D" (dst), "=S" (src)
:"0" (dst), "1" (src), "c" (size & 7)
:"memory");
return orig;
}
EOF
cd $HOME/Downloads
gcc -O2 -c linusmemcpy.c
ld -G linusmemcpy.o -o linusmemcpy.so

---Stop cutting here---

2. Shutdown any running copies of your webbrowser.

3. Until a Adobe has fixed their Flash player, start your webbrowser as below:

For Firefox users:
Code:
LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/Downloads/linusmemcpy.so /usr/bin/firefox &

For Google Chrome users:
Code:
LD_PRELOAD=$HOME/Downloads/linusmemcpy.so /opt/google/chrome/google-chrome &

[mod]Please use [CODE] tags when posting command lines, source, ...

Last edited by pludi; 03-21-2011 at 06:22 AM..

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Flash player in Firefox

Hey people Newly installed Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron (64-bit) on my PC. The problem is that I can't get Adobe Flash Player working in Firefox 3 Beta 5. I have tried many online guides, but none of them worked for me. Anyone knows how to make this work? I remember that I got it to work with a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sixmax
3 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Argh! Chrome! Go away!

Google's pushing their pet browser with the relentlessness of a drug seller, which makes me more and more suspicious of it by the day. Now they're trying to insert it as opt-out "goodies" with program updates... In this case, Skype presented me with a "push this to not override your default... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
4 Replies

3. OS X (Apple)

Flash player plugin on darwin for firefox

Hi, I have firefox beta 4 on my macbook with macports installed. How can the use adobe flash player plugin on darwin? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Stephan789
1 Replies

4. Solaris

How to make Adobe Flash Player plugin work for Firefox 13.01 on Solaris 11

How do I make Adobe flash Player work on solaris 11 for Firefox-13.0.1 which doesn't have a plugins directory? Thanks in advance.:o (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tenyhwa
0 Replies

5. Programming

FORTRAN p-norm

What would be an accurate and efficient computation of the p-norm in Fortran? Integer :: p Real :: sum, pn Do i = 1, Size (a) sum = sum + ((Abs a(i)) ** p) End Do pn = sum ** (1.0/ Real(p)) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Instructions to Clear Data Cache in Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera Browsers (Pictures)

Here are instructions to clear the data cache for four browsers, Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera. In these examples I'm using MacOS Mojave, but it should be similar for any OS. You can use these instructions to to clear and reload the cache if you have any issues with the Vue.js UserCP (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Neo
1 Replies
FIREFOX(1)							Linux User's Manual							FIREFOX(1)

NAME
firefox - a Web browser for X11 derived from the Mozilla browser SYNOPSIS
firefox [OPTIONS] [URL] DESCRIPTION
Mozilla Firefox is an open-source web browser, designed for standards compliance, performance and portability. USAGE
firefox is a simple shell script that will set up the environment for the actual executable. OPTIONS
A summary of the options supported by firefox is included below. GTK options --gdk-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to set --gdk-no-debug=FLAGS Gdk debugging flags to unset --gtk-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to set --gtk-no-debug=FLAGS Gtk+ debugging flags to unset --gtk-module=MODULE Load an additional Gtk module X11 options --display=DISPLAY X display to use --sync Make X calls synchronous --no-xshm Don't use X shared memory extension --xim-preedit=STYLE --xim-status=STYLE --g-fatal-warnings Make all warnings fatal Firefox options -h, -help Show summary of options. -height value Set height of startup window to value. -width value Set width of startup window to value. -v, -version Print /usr/bin/firefox-bin version. -CreateProfile profile Create profile. -P profile Start with profile. -ProfileManager Start with profile manager. -UILocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -contentLocale lang-region Start with lang-region resources. -remote command Execute command in an already running Firefox process. For more info, see: http://www.mozilla.org/unix/remote.html -no-remote Don't try to control an already running instance. -jsconsole Start with Javascript Console -chrome url Load the specified chrome. -new-window url Open URL in a new window if Firefox is already running. -new-tab url Open URL in a new tab if Firefox is already running. -preferences Open Firefox preferences menu. -safe-mode Disables extensions and themes for this session. FILES /usr/bin/firefox - shell script wrapping firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox - firefox executable VERSION
3.0 BUGS
To report a bug, please visit http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ SEE ALSO
mozilla(1) AUTHORS
The Mozilla Organization http://www.mozilla.org/about.html firefox January 04, 2006 FIREFOX(1)