Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: GDB and GCC union
Top Forums Programming GDB and GCC union Post 302504769 by Corona688 on Tuesday 15th of March 2011 11:36:57 AM
Old 03-15-2011
If you build your program with -ggdb that'll include extra debugging information gdb can use. I don't know any way to make this debugging information available to the program itself at runtime -- would you want a program that could only be built with gdb, and only built for debugging? Talk about unportable.

Even if you end up using gdb for something else I don't see the harm in using the __FILE__, etc. C macros to do what they were designed to do.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Loading Gdb And Gcc In Unix System

Can any one help me out???? I need to install GDB and GCC in an UNIX machine. can any one point me to any lucid pointer to it. The gNU help on this is proving to be little tangential for me. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rraajjiibb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find union of two files

Is there a command in unix to find the union of two files and removing the union from one of the files? e.g. I have two files input1.txt and input2.txt with the contents below: $ more input1.txt 4 2 3 2 $ more input2.txt 5 4 4 8 2 I want to find the union of the two and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

union of two files

Given two files of the same format (For example number1|text1|number2) what is the command to print lines in file1 which do not occur in file2? diff command seems a bit complicated for me for this purpose. Please help!! Thank you very much. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sherkaner
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Installing gcc - recieve error message gcc : cannot execute

AIM- Install Oracle 11g on Solaris using VMWare Steps 1.Logged on as root 2.Created subfolders à /usr/local/bin & /usr/local/bin/gcc 3.Downloaded gcc & libiconv & unzipped them on my harddrive & burnt them on CD 4.Copied files from CD to /usr/local/bin/gcc 5.Terminal (root) à pkgadd -d... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ackers
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Gdb:

Hi, This is a simple question on GDB. Given a core file, how can you check which process has dumped the core? Regards - Krishna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: krishnamurthig
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text files union

How can i union two files that each of them contain text to one new file in unix shell scripting or in awk scripting language? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tal
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: union regions

Hi all, I have difficulty to solve the followign problem. mydata: StartPoint EndPoint 22 55 2222 2230 33 66 44 58 222 240 11 25 22 60 33 45 The union of above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoeberunner
2 Replies

8. Web Development

Intersection and union of array by hash

Hi, A piece of script from Perl-cookbook I do not understand, and post here for explanation. The purpose is to find the element in either array (union), and in both array (intersection). Thank you in advance. @a=qw(1 3 5 6 7 8); @b=qw(2 3 5 7 9); foreach $e (@a, @b) {$union{$e}++ &&... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
3 Replies

9. Programming

Event driven programming / epoll / typedef union / session data array

Sorry for the “word salad” subject, but I wanted to cast a wide net for help. I've created an IP (Internet Protocol) server which serves HTTP, SMTP, and FTP requests. As you probably know, they all require creating a socket, listening on it, accepting connections, and then having a short... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: John S.
3 Replies
binfmtc(1)							     binfmt_C								binfmtc(1)

NAME
binfmtc-interpreter - binfmt_misc C handler SYNOPSIS
binfmtc-interpreter C-source-file-name [command-line opions ...] DESCRIPTION
binfmtc-interpreter compiles a C source file specified on the command-line using C compiler, and executes the resulting file. It is designed to be used as a handler for binfmt_misc handler, which is a system used in Linux for handling arbitrary files as executa- bles. The command-line options are passed on to the compiled binary. FILE MAGIC
There is a requirement for C source files to have the magic characters /*BINFMTC: at the beginning of the file. That line also is used to specify the additional command-line options for C compiler. ENVIRONMENT
GCC The compiler used. The default is to use gcc CC The compiler used, if GCC variable is not set. BINFMTCTMPDIR Temporary directory used for binary and execution. Falls back to $TMPDIR $TEMPDIR or /tmp BINFMTC_DEBUG enables debug output if set. BINFMTC_GCC_OPTS Additional GCC options. Use BINFMTC_DEBUG to verify the options being passed on to gcc. The default is -O2 -Wall -g AUTHOR
Junichi Uekawa (dancer@debian.org) Upstream page is available at http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/ SEE ALSO
binfmtasm-interpreter(1), binfmtcxx-interpreter(1), binfmtf-interpreter(1), binfmtf95-interpreter(1), binfmtgcj-interpreter(1) binfmt_misc Dancer 2009 Feb 8 binfmtc(1)