Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Precedence in operators issue Post 302504471 by arvindspr06 on Monday 14th of March 2011 05:09:03 PM
Old 03-14-2011
Thanks for your quick reply Perdarabo.

I am using /bin/ksh . Could it be it does not work in that shell?

echo $SHELL. Can you tell me what shell you are using?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

EOF & precedence of !=

Gurus, I am teaching myself C and have a question. I wrote a small prog that reads characters as entered at the prompt and checks the value for EOF. Unless I am 100% wrong, the value will be '1' until getchar() has anything to read in my stream. /* PROG 1 */ #include <stdio.h> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alan
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

precedence of stderr and stdout

#!/usr/bin/perl open(STDOUT, ">>$Textfile") open(STDERR, ">>$Textfile") print "program running\n"; $final = join("+", $initial,$final) #5 close (STDOUT); close (STDERR);Hi all, above is my perl code. Notice i have captured the stdout and stderr to the same textfile. my code is expected to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: new2ss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting precedence with getopts

Hi, I am re-writing a script I wrote which emulated the "rm" command, in my orginal script I had problems with precedence, I did find a way round it by creating a seperate case statements which checked the options and performed the actions accordingly, does anyone know if I can use getopts... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jack1981
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Operators

I am trying to understand Does the following: {tmp+=$10} Mean take $10 and add them all up and call it tmp thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: llsmr777
2 Replies

5. Programming

Makefile -> pc precedence over c

Hi All, I have created a common makefile that compiles both pc and c files. i have created the dependency between the files as .pc.o: ----------- .c.o: ----------- I will be deleting the .c files created from the .pc files, once the object file is created. ( better storage... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintet
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings so I can make my test for today? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

Operators

I really don't know the meaning of these operators. Could someone explain the meanings? <, <=, ==, !=, >=, >, ||, &&, ! ~ , !~ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Erjen
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue with multiple logical operators

Hi, shell is /bin/ksh I am trying to do the following in my code.. but its showing me an error if ] && ] ]]; then echo "id is $ida and chk_dy is $chk_dy" fi the error I get is syntax error at line 23 : `"$ida"' unexpected I need to execute the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nss280
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What should be precedence of using awk, sed, head and tail in UNIX?

Hi All, I am new to unix. In this forum some days back, I have read something like below: 1) Do not use perl if awk can do your work. 2) Do not use awk if sed can do your work. . . . I do not re-collect the whole thing. I think it is good to know the precedence of using these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
2 Replies
GIT-SHELL(1)							    Git Manual							      GIT-SHELL(1)

NAME
git-shell - Restricted login shell for Git-only SSH access SYNOPSIS
chsh -s $(command -v git-shell) <user> git clone <user>@localhost:/path/to/repo.git ssh <user>@localhost DESCRIPTION
This is a login shell for SSH accounts to provide restricted Git access. It permits execution only of server-side Git commands implementing the pull/push functionality, plus custom commands present in a subdirectory named git-shell-commands in the user's home directory. COMMANDS
git shell accepts the following commands after the -c option: git receive-pack <argument>, git upload-pack <argument>, git upload-archive <argument> Call the corresponding server-side command to support the client's git push, git fetch, or git archive --remote request. cvs server Imitate a CVS server. See git-cvsserver(1). If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell will also handle other, custom commands by running "git-shell-commands/<command> <arguments>" from the user's home directory. INTERACTIVE USE
By default, the commands above can be executed only with the -c option; the shell is not interactive. If a ~/git-shell-commands directory is present, git shell can also be run interactively (with no arguments). If a help command is present in the git-shell-commands directory, it is run to provide the user with an overview of allowed actions. Then a "git> " prompt is presented at which one can enter any of the commands from the git-shell-commands directory, or exit to close the connection. Generally this mode is used as an administrative interface to allow users to list repositories they have access to, create, delete, or rename repositories, or change repository descriptions and permissions. If a no-interactive-login command exists, then it is run and the interactive shell is aborted. EXAMPLE
To disable interactive logins, displaying a greeting instead: $ chsh -s /usr/bin/git-shell $ mkdir $HOME/git-shell-commands $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login <<EOF #!/bin/sh printf '%s ' "Hi $USER! You've successfully authenticated, but I do not" printf '%s ' "provide interactive shell access." exit 128 EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/no-interactive-login To enable git-cvsserver access (which should generally have the no-interactive-login example above as a prerequisite, as creating the git-shell-commands directory allows interactive logins): $ cat >$HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs <<EOF if ! test $# = 1 && test "$1" = "server" then echo >&2 "git-cvsserver only handles "server"" exit 1 fi exec git cvsserver server EOF $ chmod +x $HOME/git-shell-commands/cvs SEE ALSO
ssh(1), git-daemon(1), contrib/git-shell-commands/README GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-SHELL(1)