Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Renaming mutiple files with hyphens in name Post 302502301 by akenne3 on Monday 7th of March 2011 02:26:27 PM
Old 03-07-2011
Command works lovely.
Thanks again for the help.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Report with mutiple files.

Hi all, In the process of creating CPU reports. I've already used `sar` to create a daily file, then monthly reports for CPU usage (which is averaged across all 4 CPU's). I've now used `cpusar -P ?`(?=CPU#) to collect individual CPU data and have four files for each day which is great. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cameron
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing mutiple files

I have a script which removes files (if they exist) Here is a cut down example of the script. Variables file1,file2 etc have already been initialized #!/bin/bash if then \rm file1 fi if then \rm file2 fi if then \rm file3 fi if then \rm file4 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: run_time_error
9 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mutiple files thru email to lotus notes

Hi All, I am currently using the following script to send the single file to one/more email addresses. I need to send mutilple files at same time, are there anyway I could modify the script or write new one to accomplish the same. Script *************** #!/bin/ksh # Author: Manish... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lapisguy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mutiple For loops - moving files to another directory

I need to clean out some application subdirectories from backup scripts we used to rename to various backup extensions just in case the script failed in production and we need to rollback. I will be moving these old scripts to a staging directory and then removing them after 30 days (I have the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster757
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

copy mutilple files to mutiple folders

Hi, I just started to learn shell progamming and just can't get my head around the following problem. I need to do the following: I have a folder which contains 100+ subfolders. Inside these subfolders there is one folder named 'Morph' and several jpg's. I need to copy all the files into... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M474746
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Remove first line from mutiple files

How to remove the first line from multiple files and use it as source to the jobs. Only at the runtime it should remove the first line not in the file . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace words in mutiple files under the same directory

I would like to get help to find how to replace word in files from command line instead of to vi to each file. This is the command i am running now. grep <old word> * vi (file with the word found in it) 1,$s/<old word>/<new word>/g It would very helpful if I can combine these in one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ywu081006
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

paste mutiple files in a loop

file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt desired output is each file is in the same directory, hasthe same number of columns but different rows. i want to be able to paste them into one file. thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnkim0806
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using grep with hyphens

This is on a RHEL 6 box with bash 4.1.2 I'm trying to to use grep to only find those lines containing matches that form whole words. The -w option works fantastic unless of course that word has a hyphen. The problem is I will get a hit on "test-group" which is a good thing, but I will also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: woodson2
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file

Split large xml into mutiple files and with header and footer in file tried below it splits unevenly and also i need help in adding header and footer command : csplit -s -k -f my_XML_split.xml extrfile.xml "/<Document>/" {1} sample xml <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><Recipient>... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik
36 Replies
PHISTO(1)						      General Commands Manual							 PHISTO(1)

NAME
phisto - compute a luminance histogram from one or more RADIANCE pictures SYNOPSIS
phisto picture .. DESCRIPTION
Phisto is a script that calls pfilt(1), rcalc(1) and histo(1) to compute a histogram of log luminance values for foveal samples in the given picture files. A foveal sample covers approximately 1 degree, though this script does not use this exact area. The minimum and max- imum values are determined, and 100 histogram bins are uniformly divided between these extrema. Foveal samples less than 1e-7 cande- las/sq.meter are silently ignored. If no picture is named on the command line, the standard input is read. The primary function of this script is to precompute histograms for the pcond(1) program, which may then be used to compute multiple, iden- tical exposures. This is especially useful for animations and image comparisons. EXAMPLE
To compute two identical tone mappings for image1.hdr and image2.hdr: phisto image1.hdr image2.hdr > both.histo pcond -I -h image1.hdr < both.histo > image1m.hdr pcond -I -h image2.hdr < both.histo > image2m.hdr AUTHOR
Greg Ward Larson SEE ALSO
histo(1), pcond(1), pfilt(1), pvalue(1), rcalc(1), total(1) RADIANCE
3/12/98 PHISTO(1)