Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to transfer files from one machine to another? Post 302500748 by DallasT on Tuesday 1st of March 2011 12:05:21 PM
Old 03-01-2011
How to transfer files from one machine to another?

Hello -

I am wondering what would be a command to copy files from one machine to another unix machine?

For example:

I am currently logged into: beta-machine01
my current directory is: /home/router

I want to copy file from machine: beta-machine02
the file is located inside: /home/router2/test.log

both machines are on same network. both machines are unix OS

how to go about?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creation and Transfer of TAR file from one machine to another Using UNIX script

Hi, I want to create unix script such that it should run on machine A, it should run TAR commands on machine B and copy that TAR to machine C. Is it possible? Thanks Rahul (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahuljadhav
2 Replies

2. Programming

program to transfer a file from client machine to server

1. we have a client & server ,and TFTP is running on the server. 2.we have 3 files a.exe,b.exe,c.exe in the client machine....we need to transfer all the 3 files to the server and store it into a DIR... 3.then we need to check in the server whetehr all the three files are sucessfully... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nathgopi214
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to transfer a file from unix to window machine

I want to ftp some of the unix files to my local PC through unix shell script. I want that script should be run from unix. when i tried by using scp, came to know that connection refused (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balireddy_77
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Re:Data transfer of data from xp machine to solaries8 machine

Hi all, can any one suggest how to transfer the data from xp machine to solaries8 machines when they are connected using cross cable. Thanks venky (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky_vemuri
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

get all files under specified dir and zip them, then transfer to another machine

Hi guys, now, I have the following requirement: 1. Get all files under specified directory 2. the files modify date should be specified date 3. zip these files 4. transfer these files to another machine, assume ip, user and password are given. could you pls provide good solution for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crest.boy
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File transfer from Windows machine to Linux server

Hi guys, I need to send a txt file from a windows machine to Linux server. Any help is appreciated.... Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowrishankar05
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

How to transfer files from UNIX server to windows machine or vice versa using ftp or sftp commands?

hi, i want to write a shell script code which transfers files from a directory in unix server to a directory in a windows machine.. can any1 give me a sample code which uses ftp or sftp command.. thanks very much, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)			 systemd-machine-id-commit.service		      SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-commit.service - Commit a transient machine ID to disk SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-commit.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-commit.service is an early boot service responsible for committing transient /etc/machine-id files to a writable disk file system. See machine-id(5) for more information about machine IDs. This service is started after local-fs.target in case /etc/machine-id is a mount point of its own (usually from a memory file system such as "tmpfs") and /etc is writable. The service will invoke systemd-machine-id-setup --commit, which writes the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id file in a race-free manner to ensure that file is always valid and accessible for other processes. See systemd-machine-id-setup(1) for details. The main use case of this service are systems where /etc/machine-id is read-only and initially not initialized. In this case, the system manager will generate a transient machine ID file on a memory file system, and mount it over /etc/machine-id, during the early boot phase. This service is then invoked in a later boot phase, as soon as /etc has been remounted writable and the ID may thus be committed to disk to make it permanent. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd-machine-id-setup(1), machine-id(5), systemd-firstboot(1) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-COMMIT.SERVICE(8)