Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX rsync error "file has vanished" Post 302498328 by zaxxon on Monday 21st of February 2011 03:42:24 AM
Old 02-21-2011
Can you ensure, that there is no traffic on the files/directory that you want to be synced? It seemes when rsync builts it's file list (which you shoud see due the -v) and when it actually wants to transfer files, some other process or user might have removed that file from the place where it's been, like issued a rm or mv etc.
So trying to rsync a very busy directory might occure to this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

ERROR: more than one instance of overloaded function "vprintf" has "C" linkage

Hi people! I've got this own library: -------------------------------------------- Personal.h -------------------------------------------- #ifdef __cplusplus extern "C" { #endif #include <stdio.h> #include <stdarg.h> #include <string.h> ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donatoll
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the strings beween 2 characters "/" & "/" in .txt file

Hi all. I have a .txt file that I need to sort it My file is like: 1- 88 chain0 MASTER (FF-TE) FFFF 1962510 /TCK T FD2TQHVTT1 /jtagc/jtag_instreg/updateinstr_reg_1 dff1 (TI,SO) 2- ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Behrouzx77
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with rsync: failed to set times on "/tmp/.": Not owner (1)

Hi, Here is my source host and folder details. $ hostname source-host $ id uid=600000208(src-user) gid=64688(src-user) groups=64688(src-user) $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/ drwxrwxrwx 3 src-user src-user 4096 Feb 7 15:27 /web/Trn_File/data/ $ ls -ltrd /web/Trn_File/data/* drwxrwxrwx 8... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
LSYNCD(1)							      Lsyncd								 LSYNCD(1)

NAME
lsyncd - a daemon to continuously synchronize directory trees SYNOPSIS
config file *lsyncd* [OPTIONS] CONFIG-FILE default rsync behaviour *lsyncd* [OPTIONS] -rsync SOURCEDIR TARGET ... default rync+ssh bevahiour (moves and deletes through ssh) *lsyncd* [OPTIONS] -rsyncssh SOURCEDIR TARGETHOST TARGETDIR ... default direct bevahiour (local file operations/rsync) *lsyncd* [OPTIONS] -direct SOURCEDIR TARGETDIR ... DESCRIPTION
Lsyncd(1) watches local directory trees through an event monitor interface (inotify, fsevents). It aggregates and combines events for a few seconds and then spawns one or more processes to synchronize the changes. By default this is rsync(1). Lsyncd is thus a light-weight asynchronous live mirror solution that is comparatively easy to install not requiring new filesystems or blockdevices and does not hamper local filesystem performance. Rsync+ssh is an advanced action configuration that uses a SSH(1) to act file and directory moves directly on the target instead of retransmitting the move destination over the wire. Fine-grained customization can be achieved through the CONFIG-FILE. Custom action configs can even be written from scratch in cascading layers ranging from shell scripts to code written in the LUA(1) language. This way simplicity can be balanced with powerfulness. See the online manual for details on the CONFIG-FILE http://code.google.com/p/lsyncd/wiki/Lsyncd20Manual Note that under normal configuration Lsyncd will delete pre-existing files in the target directories that are not present in the respective source directory. OPTIONS
-delay SECS Overrides the default delay times. -help Show a help message. -insist Continues startup even if a startup rsync cannot connect. -log LEVEL Controls which kind of events are logged. By default Lsyncd logs Normal and Error Messages. -log scarce will make Lsyncd log Error messages only. -log all will log all debug messages. -log Category Turns on a specific debug message. E.g. -log Exec will log all processes as they are spawned. -nodaemon Lsyncd will not detach from the invoker and log as well to stdout/err. -pidfile FILE Lsyncd will write its process ID in FILE. -runner FILE Makes the Lsyncd core load the part of Lsyncd written in Lua from FILE. -version Writes version information and exits. EXIT STATUS
0 Terminated on a TERM signal(7) -1 Failure (syntax, unrecoverable error condition, internal failure) SEE ALSO
Online Manual: http://code.google.com/p/lsyncd/wiki/Lsyncd2 VERSION
This man page is for lsyncd(1) version 2.0.5 AUTHOR
Axel Kittenberger, <axkibe@gmail.com> 2010-2011 COPYING
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Axel Kittenberger. Free use of this software is granted under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2, or any later version. Free redistrubition of this Documentation (/doc directory) is granted under the terms of the Creative Commons 3.0 Attribution License (CC-3.0-BY). Lsyncd 2.0.6 August 2011 LSYNCD(1)