Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unix set home directory
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix set home directory Post 302494148 by vgersh99 on Saturday 5th of February 2011 04:28:30 PM
Old 02-05-2011
what's the 'base directory'?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hardware dummy trying to set up Unix workstation for Oracle at home for practice!

I have been planning to set up a Unix workstation at home to host an Oracle database just for database admin. practice. But I don't know enough about hardware to know whether this can be done on a regular desktop and the required hardware config. If anyone could kindly guide me in this mission I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmanpakdee
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Set up the own Unix ENvironment at home

Hello! All Unix Expert, I just graduated from college with Bachalor degree in Computer Information System, and decided to start my career in Unix System. I am trying to set up my own unix Environment at home so that I can get more hand on experience since the class offered by unix vendors are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jung1975
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to set $HOME?

Hi Everyone! I just want to know how to set $HOME. I cant see $HOME in my profile. Below is my profile. export PATH=.:/usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:$HOME/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/mai lservice/sybase/12.5/OCS-12_5/bin:/mailservice/sybase/config:. #export $PATH export... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachin.gangadha
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

home directory & group in UNIX question

folks; I'm going to use LDAP on Solaris 10 to authenticate users, i have 3 questions, i'm hoping it can be possible: 1. when users login for the first time, Is there a way to auto create a home directory like "/home/"user_name" so we don't have to a create a home directory for every single... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
3 Replies

5. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Shared Home directory between Unix servers

Hi Im working in an environment where 2 production and 2 testing unix servers are used.. All these servers share the same home directory.. how is it done where would the home directory be located (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghav288
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Restricting SFTP user to a defined directory and home directory

Hi, I've created solaris user which has both FTP and SFTP Access. Using the "ftpaccess" configuration file options "guest-root" and "restricted-uid", i can restrict the user to a specific directory. But I'm unable to restrict the user when the user is logged in using SFTP. The aim is to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sftpuser
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search in Unix home directory

I have many views in my Linux home dir under different folders mentioned below. Home 1. CCVIEWS 2. views 3. Development 4. testproject : : etc. Now i want to list all the clearcase views in my linux dir in below format to work on other script. 1) user_test_Work1.vws ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
4 Replies

8. Solaris

SunOS confusing root directory and user home directory

Hello, I've just started using a Solaris machine with SunOS 5.10. After the machine is turned on, I open a Console window and at the prompt, if I execute a pwd command, it tells me I'm at my home directory (someone configured "myuser" as default user after init). ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: egyassun
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to set variable for users with no home directory?

Hi I need to set $HISTFILE for a user with no home directory. How to go about it because this user does not have a .profilefile. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
5 Replies
URI::WithBase(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  URI::WithBase(3)

NAME
URI::WithBase - URIs which remember their base SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::WithBase->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; $base = $u1->base; $u1->base( $new_base ) DESCRIPTION
This module provides the "URI::WithBase" class. Objects of this class are like "URI" objects, but can keep their base too. The base represents the context where this URI was found and can be used to absolutize or relativize the URI. All the methods described in URI are supported for "URI::WithBase" objects. The methods provided in addition to or modified from those of "URI" are: $uri = URI::WithBase->new($str, [$base]) The constructor takes an optional base URI as the second argument. If provided, this argument initializes the base attribute. $uri->base( [$new_base] ) Can be used to get or set the value of the base attribute. The return value, which is the old value, is a URI object or "undef". $uri->abs( [$base_uri] ) The $base_uri argument is now made optional as the object carries its base with it. A new object is returned even if $uri is already absolute (while plain URI objects simply return themselves in that case). $uri->rel( [$base_uri] ) The $base_uri argument is now made optional as the object carries its base with it. A new object is always returned. SEE ALSO
URI COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2002 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::WithBase(3)