Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with using lynx/wget/curl when a link has an ampersand Post 302492106 by seagaia on Saturday 29th of January 2011 07:53:11 PM
Old 01-29-2011
Help with using lynx/wget/curl when a link has an ampersand

Hi, for my own interest I want to scrape a lot of data off the Maple Story game rankings page.

The problem is, when I want to get the data at this page

maplestory(dot)nexon(dot)net/Rankings/OverallRanking.aspx?type=overall&s=&world=0&job=0&pageIndex=6

It gives me the data at this page

maplestory(dot)nexon(dot)net/Rankings/OverallRanking.aspx?type=overall

so I think it has to do with the ampersands. I've tried it with curl/wget/lynx --dump and none of them work. Maybe I'm just missing a command or using the wrong tool. Does anyone have advice?

Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in Curl & Wget

We are trying to invoke a https service from our unix script using curl command. The service is not getting invoked because it is SSL configured. Bypassing certification (using curl –k) does not work. curl -k https://site curl -k -x IP:Port https://site curl -k -x IP:443 https://id:pwd@site ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshbabu01
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Proxy with curl/wget support

I need a proxy that would enable me to use cli curl/wget with another ip address. How do I find a paid proxy server that supports curl/wget? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specifying IP address with curl/wget

Hello, I am wondering does anyone know of a method using curl/wget or other where by I could specify the IP address of the server I wish to query for a website. Something similar to editing /etc/hosts but that can be done directly from the command line. I have looked through the man pages... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: colinireland
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to download file without curl and wget

Hi I need a Shell script that will download a zip file every second from a http server but i can't use neither curl nor wget. Can anyone will help me go about this task ??? Thanks!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rubber08
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Encapsulating output of CURL and/or WGET

i use curl and wget quite often. i set up alarms on their output. for instance, i would run a "wget" on a url and then search for certain strings within the output given by the "wget". the problem is, i cant get the entire output or response of my wget/curl command to show up correctly in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget vs Curl - Proxy issue

Hi, My script needs to crawl the data from a third party site. Currently it is written in wget. The third party site is of shared interface with different IP addresses. My wget works with all the IP address but not with one. Whereas the curl is able to hit that IP address and comes out... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Wget/curl credentials validation

Experts, I login to a 3rd party and pull some valuable information with my credentials. I pass my credentials via --post-data in wget. Now my Account is locked. I want my wget to alert that the Account is locked. How can i achieve this. My idea is, get the Source page html from the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read URL data from UNIX without wget,curl,lynx,w3m.

Hi Experts, Problem statement : We have an URL for which we need to read the data and get parsed inside the shell scripts. My Aix has very limited perl utility, i cant install any utility as well. Precisely, wget,cURL,Lynx,w3m and Lwp cant be used as i got these utilities only when i googled... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scott_cog
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get content of a webpage Curl vs Wget?

Hello, What I am trying to do is to get html data of a website automatically. Firstly I decided to do it manually and via terminal I entered below code: $ wget http://www.***.*** -q -O code.html Unfortunately code.html file was empty. When I enter below code it gave Error 303-304 $... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

10. Web Development

Wget/curl and javascript

What can I use instead of wget/curl when I need to log into websites that use javascript? Wget and curl don't handle javascript. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
6 Replies
dot-forward(1)						      General Commands Manual						    dot-forward(1)

NAME
dot-forward - read a .forward file under qmail SYNOPSIS
in ~/.qmail: | dot-forward [ -nN ] file ... OVERVIEW
dot-forward forwards incoming messages according to sendmail-style instructions in file, if file exists. Normally file is .forward. WARNING: If you create a .qmail file to enable dot-forward, make sure to add a second line specifying delivery to your normal mailbox. For example: |dot-forward .forward ./Mailbox COMPATIBILITY WARNING: dot-forward does not support :include: or mbox deliveries. You can use the delivery mechanism described in dot- qmail(5) instead. OPTIONS
-N (Default.) Read and forward a message. -n Parse file and print the forwarding instructions in it, one per line; do not follow the instructions. You can use this option from the command line to see how your .forward file will be interpreted: dot-forward -n .forward FILE HANDLING
When a message arrives, dot-forward opens file and handles it as discussed below. It exits 99, so qmail-local will ignore further instruc- tions in .qmail. Exception: If file specifies delivery directly to you, dot-forward exits 0, so qmail-local will read further instructions in .qmail. If file does not exist, dot-forward exits 0. You can list several files; then dot-forward will try each one in turn, using the first one that exists, or exiting 0 if none exist. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: dot-forward treats an empty file as if it did not exist. Versions of sendmail before V8 would throw away the incom- ing message. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: If dot-forward encounters a temporary error opening file, it exits 111, so that qmail-local will try again later. sendmail assumes incorrectly that file does not exist. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: file must be readable by dot-forward, which is normally running as the user. sendmail places different constraints on its .forward permissions, since it is normally running as root. FORWARDING
Normally file contains an address. dot-forward forwards the message to that address. The address is parsed as if it were in an RFC 822 message header. Parenthesized comments and bracketed addresses are permitted: bob (Bob, the postmaster) @heaven.af.mil Addresses with special characters must be quoted: "spaced out mailbox"@heaven.af.mil Address groups are not permitted. file can contain any number of lines, each line containing any number of addresses. dot-forward forwards the message to each address: bob, fred, susan Joe Shmoe <shmoe@heaven.af.mil> An address without a fully qualified domain name is handled as described in qmail-header(5). Exception: Certain addresses without domain names are handled specially, as described below. DIRECT DELIVERY
If an address does not contain a domain name, and matches the environment variable $USER (without regard to case), it specifies delivery directly to you. If an address matches $USER@$HOST (without regard to case), it specifies delivery directly to you. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: sendmail's handling of quotes and backslashes violates RFC 821 and RFC 822, and is not supported by dot-forward. dot-forward treats joe the same way as joe. The dot-qmail delivery mechanism lets each user manage several addresses, so there is no need for a special syntax to get around forwarding. COMMANDS
If an address does not contain a domain name, and begins with a vertical bar, dot-forward takes the rest of the address as a command to run: bob, "|vacation bob" dot-forward feeds the message to the command, preceded by the environment variables $UFLINE, $RPLINE, and $DTLINE. COMPATIBILITY WARNING: Internet addresses can legitimately start with a slash or vertical bar. dot-forward treats anything with an unquoted @ as an address. sendmail appears to have various problems coping with these addresses, and with commands that contain @ signs. COMMENTS
Any line in file that begins with # is ignored: # this is a comment COMPATIBILITY WARNING: Versions of sendmail before V8 did not allow comments in .forward files. VERSION
This is dot-forward 0.71. The dot-forward home page is http://pobox.com/~djb/dot-forward.html. SEE ALSO
qmail-header(5), dot-qmail(5) dot-forward(1)