Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting override protection 644 (yes/no)? Post 302491776 by sri_aue on Sunday 23rd of January 2011 08:03:02 AM
Old 01-23-2011
echo $line | tr '|' '\n' >> $2

Hi I am already using this in my code. My problem is get the same spaces as in the input file.

please replace the <6spaces> with spaces when trying the code and let me know the solution ,..

Waiting for ur response

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Override protection.....

I am having this problem......when I run this script: print -n "Enter file name to be deleted: " read answer if then rm $name else echo "No such file with the name: $name exists" fi I was trying to test my script for errors, and basically when the user had files with the rights: 400,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Makaveli.2003
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Override

Hi My computer of late started misbehaving. Whenever I switch it on It say Override and then it takes long to boot. Surprising is that it opens excel automatic. What could be that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mulo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Ftp permission 644

On Sun Solaris 8 I would like a user to post via FTP a file with a put command with higher permission than the standard 644. For instance 664. I don't know how to perform it. Thank you in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cagnod
4 Replies

4. AIX

date override

When the aix date function is called by a routine, is the date function 'aware' of the name of the routine that is calling it, such that if we had the source code of the date function, we could modify it so that it provides a date to the caller depending upon the identity of the calling routine.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gerry shacter
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO 5.0.7 Cron creates files with 600, need 644

Hi, I've searched and read, and searched and read some more; but I'm still not connecting the dots or understanding what I need to change. I have a script that creates a file. If I run it as root, the file gets created with 644 permissions like I want. That seems to make sense (at least I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 65bit
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

begin 644 in received message sent with sendmail

I send an attachment 123.pdf using the below script:- << script content >> #!/usr/bin/ksh /usr/lib/sendmail -C sendmail.cf abc@gmail.com << END Subject: HELLO `uuencode 123.pdf 123.pdf` END However, the message I got in gmail look like:- begin 644 123.pdf ... garbage ... ... many... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pok.fung
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to override Classpath?

Hi, When I login to my HP-UX and fire the "set" command I see that the weblogic 9.2 classpath is already set. However, I wish to override the classpath to weblogic version 10.3 I have a script call setWLSEnv.sh that has the desired classpath. Thus, in my unix script i write .... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to avoid "override protection 644 (yes/no)?" -ksh 88

Hi All, I'm using Ksh 88 version. I'm trying to remove the files using the below script .The code is working fine but i'm getting override protection 644 (yes/no)? message for every file .. Pelase suggest #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x File_Path="/etc/home/logs" Dest_Path="/etc/home/temp"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smile689
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to create all files generated in a directory with 644 permissions?

Hi, We are using AIX machines. How to create all files generated in a directory with 644 permissions automatically. Regards, Suresh (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
11 Replies
TEXIFY(1)						      General Commands Manual							 TEXIFY(1)

NAME
texify - format code for use with LaTeX SYNOPSIS
texify<input-type> [OPTION]... DESCRIPTION
texify translates source code written in any of several different languages to latex(1) source files. The purpose is to make source code embedded in documents more readable, by providing syntax highliting. OPTIONS
-i FILE Read from FILE instead of standard input. -o FILE Write to FILE instead of standard output. -l LENGTH Limit line length to LENGTH. -t LENGTH Make a tab correspond to LENGTH spaces. Default is 6. -num INTERVAL Prefix output lines with the corresponding line number from the input, skipping INTERVAL lines between each time a prefix is added. An interval of 1 will ensure that every line is prefixed. -numsize exsize Replace the TeX code used to set the size of the line numbers. The default is footnotesize. INPUT TYPES
abel ABEL source code ada Ada source code asm Assembly code axiom AXIOM code B B source code beta BETA source code bison Bison source code c C source code c++ C++ source code idl OMG/CORBA IDL source code java Java source code lex Lex source code lisp LISP source code logla LOGLA source code matlab MATLAB script ml ML source code perl Perl source code promela Promela source code python Python source code scheme Scheme soruce code sim SIMULA source code sql SQL queries ruby Ruby source code vhdl VHDL description This manual page was written for the Debian operating system because the original program does not have a manual page. EXAMPLES
Say you want to format a Java source file. Just type: texifyjava < input.java > output.tex You can also format the output of some program without storing its output in a temporary file. If you want to format the output of a Post- greSQL database dump, just type: pg_dump foobar | texifysql > output.tex AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Morten Hustveit <morten@debian.org>. January 2003 TEXIFY(1)