Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host Post 302490395 by citaylor on Monday 24th of January 2011 05:36:13 PM
Old 01-24-2011
You have added a default router of the guest itself ? (Or am I reading that wrong ?)
Also can you supply all the IP address, etc of the Win XP box ?
("ipconfig /all" and "netstat -rn" outputs would be useful)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to ping a host in another domain

Hello I have a server in it.siroe.com I added it.siroe.com in /etc/resolv.conf. I still can't ping the server. any service to restart here? any other file to edit? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows vista unable to ping to Solaris 10 on VM

Hi all, I have a VM on Solaris 10 setup on a windows vista host machine. 1) Vista host i configure VMnet 1: 10.1.1.10 Mask : 255.255.255.0 Subnet : 10.1.1.2 DNS : 10.1.1.100 2) Solaris on VM Network device is on Custom(VMNET1) IP : 10.1.1.4 Mask : 255.255.255.0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuveZzZ
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to ping Solaris from several Windows installations

Hello All, I have searched and searched, but I am not finding any answers. Any help would be very welcome. I have a home LAN centered around an Untangle gateway (up to date). I have a Windows 7 PC and a Snow Leopard Mac I also have two virtualized instances of windows (xp and 7) running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toadtilley
1 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host

Hi, I am using win7 on my PC and installed VMware on it on which i am running linux I am unable to ping my linux guest from my win machine, but i can ping my windows host from linux guest : Below is my system configuration Linux root@localhost ~]# ifconfig eth0 Link... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Unable to ping a particular server, traceroute also displays * * *

Hi All, I am new to solaris environment and we are using Solaris 9 The problem is am unable to ping a particular server from from one of the solaris server The traceroute also shows only * * * for all the 30 hops I tried to check all the settings like 1) /etc/hosts -> contains the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay255
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Network issue on multinic. Unable to ping a host from One NIC but other works

Dear, I hope you all will be ok. I have an issue with Solaris box running on x86 Blade. I am unable to ping a node neither traceroute. I am able to do traceroute from oce0:6 port which have IP and subnet of same type which oce0:1 has. details are as follows: Problem: root@rinams02:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaniqshahid
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Windows 7 Host Cannot ping Solaris 10 DNS on VM

Hello All, Host - Windows 7 64 BIT Guest OS - Solaris 10 64 on VMWARE workstation Problem : I can not ping solaris VM from my host OS. please suggest the solution. Host OS:ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : INPS01900LT ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil_1111
5 Replies
netstat-nat(1)						      General Commands Manual						    netstat-nat(1)

NAME
netstat-nat - Show the natted connections on a linux iptable firewall SYNOPSIS
netstat-nat [options] DESCRIPTION
netstat-nat Displays NAT connections managed by netfilter/iptables which comes with the > 2.4.x linux kernels. The program reads its information from '/proc/net/ip_conntrack' or '/proc/net/nf_conntrack', which is the temporary conntrack-storage of netfilter. OPTIONS
-h displays help -n don't resolve IPs/portnumbers to host/portnames -p <protocol> display NAT connections with protocol selection (see /etc/protocols) -s <source host> display connections by source IP/hostname -d <destination host> display connections by destination IP/hostname -S display SNAT connections -D display DNAT connections -L display only connections to NAT box self (doesn't show SNAT & DNAT) -R display only connections routed through the NAT box (doesn't show SNAT & DNAT) -x extended view of hostnames -r <src|dst|src-port|dst-port|state> sort connections -o no output header -N display NAT box connection information (only valid with SNAT & DNAT) -v prints version FILES
/proc/net/ip_conntrack or /proc/net/nf_conntrack SEE ALSO
http://www.tweegy.nl/projects/netstat-nat/ http://www.netfilter.org/ AUTHOR
netstat-nat has been written by D.Wijsman danny@tweegy.nl The manual page has been written by marceln@xs4all.nl July 2002 netstat-nat(1)