Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host Post 302490393 by saurabh84g on Monday 24th of January 2011 05:28:41 PM
Old 01-24-2011
Data Unable to ping Solaris VM from Xp host

Hi All,

I am using Vmware Workstation 6.0.3 build-80004.

Guest OS: Solaris 10
Host OS : Win XP

I am getting request time out when i am trying to ping from XP ( cmd line) to Solaris VM

- I have assigned IP 192.168.50.5 in Solaris VM ( Hostname: Tower1) and it is in UP status.

VM>Settings > Showing Ethernet as Bridged .

/etc/defaultrouter
192.168.50.5 Tower1
/etc/hosts
127.0.0.1 localhost loghost Tower1
192.168.50.5 Tower1
/etc/netmasks
192.168.50.0 255.255.255.0

Please help me to get this resolve.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to ping host

Hi, dear all, I am rather new to Unix and have this problem where I cant seem to ping from 1 host to another. The scenerio is as follows: - 1 QNX host->Eth->1 SCO host the SCO host is configured with it's IP the QNX host is configured with another IP both in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.XX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
3 Replies

2. IP Networking

QNX host cannot ping SCO host, vice versa

The problem I am facing now is that the QNX host could not ping the SCO host and vice versa. They are in the same domain, ie, 172.20.3.xx. As I am very new to Unix, I guess I must have missed out some important steps. Pls help... Thanx alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gavon
2 Replies

3. Solaris

PING - Unknown host 127.0.0.1, Unknown host localhost - Solaris 10

Hello, I have a problem - I created a chrooted jail for one user. When I'm logged in as root, everything work fine, but when I'm logged in as a chrooted user - I have many problems: 1. When I execute the command ping, I get weird results: bash-3.00$ usr/sbin/ping localhost ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Przemek
4 Replies

4. Solaris

unable to ping a host in another domain

Hello I have a server in it.siroe.com I added it.siroe.com in /etc/resolv.conf. I still can't ping the server. any service to restart here? any other file to edit? thx (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows vista unable to ping to Solaris 10 on VM

Hi all, I have a VM on Solaris 10 setup on a windows vista host machine. 1) Vista host i configure VMnet 1: 10.1.1.10 Mask : 255.255.255.0 Subnet : 10.1.1.2 DNS : 10.1.1.100 2) Solaris on VM Network device is on Custom(VMNET1) IP : 10.1.1.4 Mask : 255.255.255.0 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuveZzZ
8 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Unable to ping Solaris from several Windows installations

Hello All, I have searched and searched, but I am not finding any answers. Any help would be very welcome. I have a home LAN centered around an Untangle gateway (up to date). I have a Windows 7 PC and a Snow Leopard Mac I also have two virtualized instances of windows (xp and 7) running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: toadtilley
1 Replies

7. Linux

Unable to ping Linux guest from win7 host

Hi, I am using win7 on my PC and installed VMware on it on which i am running linux I am unable to ping my linux guest from my win machine, but i can ping my windows host from linux guest : Below is my system configuration Linux root@localhost ~]# ifconfig eth0 Link... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: chander_1987
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 9 - Unable to ping a particular server, traceroute also displays * * *

Hi All, I am new to solaris environment and we are using Solaris 9 The problem is am unable to ping a particular server from from one of the solaris server The traceroute also shows only * * * for all the 30 hops I tried to check all the settings like 1) /etc/hosts -> contains the... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjay255
17 Replies

9. Solaris

Network issue on multinic. Unable to ping a host from One NIC but other works

Dear, I hope you all will be ok. I have an issue with Solaris box running on x86 Blade. I am unable to ping a node neither traceroute. I am able to do traceroute from oce0:6 port which have IP and subnet of same type which oce0:1 has. details are as follows: Problem: root@rinams02:/#... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: khaniqshahid
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Windows 7 Host Cannot ping Solaris 10 DNS on VM

Hello All, Host - Windows 7 64 BIT Guest OS - Solaris 10 64 on VMWARE workstation Problem : I can not ping solaris VM from my host OS. please suggest the solution. Host OS:ipconfig /all Windows IP Configuration Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : INPS01900LT ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil_1111
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)