Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Help with exporting DISPLAY from Linux to Windows XP Post 302489523 by oopsalion on Thursday 20th of January 2011 04:34:08 PM
Old 01-20-2011
192.168.0.1 was just an example, i am exporting it to a different ip.

I believe there are some more settings on the Linux machine (maybe the firewall) which are not allowing me to forward the display, so i would want to know what... as there are some servers in my network from which i can bring back the display

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

exporting display

how do I export my display from my unix box to my pc basically what is the syntax for export DISPLAY (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaunders
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to open display from windows to solaris?

How can I telnet from my windows XP machine to my Ultra 60 and run firefox? I am unable to open the display using /usr/openwin/bin/xhost like I do from one Sun machine to another? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ridgeback00
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Exporting X display question

I have a sun box i can connect to using exceed in broadcast or query mode. I have been using passive mode to call up just a few apps, xcalc for example. How do i get the solaris 9 user login screen using passive mode? is it dtlogin or something that im should run frmo the shell? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Exporting Files from Unix to a Windows Platform

I was able to convert my csv file in Unix to xls. I would like to export the converted xls file to a windows environment. I have to manually connect using the following below: ftp: 192.x.x.x -> username/pass -> cd -> mget *.xls and then confirm. Could I automate this process into a shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravzter
4 Replies

5. Linux

What's better for running Windows software in Linux, Wine or Windows VMware?

What are the differences, advantages, and disadvantages? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

X Windows display

Hello Folks, Have X-Win 32 installed on my desktop. Earlier when it used to be XP, ran the following commands on unix system: export DISPLAY=<desktop ip>:0.0 xterm Above used to work like charm Now it got upgraded to Windows 7 Setting the display & triggering xterm doesn't work. It... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Exporting display to windows machine

hello all, I have been googling alot about my problem and finally thought to post a question. server: SunOS 5.1 64bit pn Sun Netra 240 i need to run an application which shows a gui tool but i believe SunOS cant show the GUI so i need to export the display to my system which is running... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wonderwall
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem exporting NFS filesysytem with root permissions to Linux

Hi, I have a Solaris 10 server and I want to export a filesystem to a linux client and give the client's root user root priviliges on the filesystem. The client is an ubuntu 14.04 LTS server. the dfstab on the server looks lik this: /usr/sbin/share -F nfs -o ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvanvliet
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Seen Windows pc, having all the features of Linux, could exe, read and edit save like windows

Hi, totally new to linux base using windows when started learning and using computers. but i remember that one pc was there , look alike windows desktop, but could not do the task as windows just click and open and view edit etc. But, you could do a little differently even saving in and opening... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jraju
8 Replies
NETINFO(5)							AFS File Reference							NETINFO(5)

NAME
NetInfo - Defines machine interfaces to register with AFS servers DESCRIPTION
There are two NetInfo files, one for an AFS client and one for an AFS File Server or database server. The AFS client NetInfo file specifies the IP addresses that the client should register with the File Servers it connects to. The server NetInfo file specifies what interfaces should be registered with AFS Database Servers or used to talk to other database servers. Client NetInfo The client NetInfo file lists the IP addresses of one or more of the local machine's network interfaces. If it exists in the /etc/openafs directory when the Cache Manager initializes, the Cache Manager uses its contents as the basis for a list of local interfaces. Otherwise, the Cache Manager uses the list of interfaces configured with the operating system. It then removes from the list any addresses that appear in the /etc/openafs/NetRestrict file, if it exists. The Cache Manager records the resulting list in kernel memory. The first time it establishes a connection to a File Server, it registers the list with the File Server. The File Server uses the addresses when it initiates a remote procedure call (RPC) to the Cache Manager (as opposed to responding to an RPC sent by the Cache Manager). There are two common circumstances in which the File Server initiates RPCs: when it breaks callbacks and when it pings the client machine to verify that the Cache Manager is still accessible. The NetInfo file is in ASCII format. One of the machine's IP addresses appears on each line, in dotted decimal format. The File Server initially uses the address that appears first in the list. The order of the remaining addresses is not significant: if an RPC to the first interface fails, the File Server simultaneously sends RPCs to all of the other interfaces in the list. Whichever interface replies first is the one to which the File Server then sends pings and RPCs to break callbacks. To prohibit the Cache Manager absolutely from using one or more addresses, list them in the NetRestrict file. To display the addresses the Cache Manager is currently registering with File Servers, use the fs getclientaddrs command. To replace the current list of interfaces with a new one between reboots of the client machine, use the fs setclientaddrs command. Server NetInfo The server NetInfo file, if present in the /var/lib/openafs/local directory, defines the following: o On a file server machine, the local interfaces that the File Server (fileserver process) can register in the Volume Location Database (VLDB) at initialization time. o On a database server machine, the local interfaces that the Ubik database synchronization library uses when communicating with the database server processes running on other database server machines. If the NetInfo file exists when the File Server initializes, the File Server uses its contents as the basis for a list of interfaces to register in the VLDB. Otherwise, it uses the list of network interfaces configured with the operating system. It then removes from the list any addresses that appear in the /var/lib/openafs/local/NetRestrict file, if it exists. The File Server records the resulting list in the /var/lib/openafs/local/sysid file and registers the interfaces in the VLDB. The database server processes use a similar procedure when initializing, to determine which interfaces to use for communication with the peer processes on other database machines in the cell. The NetInfo file is in ASCII format. One of the machine's IP addresses appears on each line, in dotted decimal format. The order of the addresses is not significant. Optionally, the File Server can be forced to use an IP address that does not belong to one of the server interfaces. To do this, add a line to the NetInfo file with the IP address prefixed with "f" and a space. This is useful when the File Server is on the internal side of a NAT firewall. To display the File Server interface addresses registered in the VLDB, use the vos listaddrs command. EXAMPLES
If the File Server is on the internal side of a NAT firewall, where it serves internal clients using the IP address 192.168.1.123 and external clients using the IP address 10.1.1.321, then the NetInfo file should contain the following: 192.168.1.123 f 10.1.1.321 SEE ALSO
NetRestrict(5), sysid(5), vldb.DB0(5), fileserver(8), fs_getclientaddrs(1), fs_setclientaddrs(1), vos_listaddrs(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 NETINFO(5)