Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: service status in AIX
Operating Systems AIX service status in AIX Post 302481906 by botao on Monday 20th of December 2010 07:00:57 AM
Old 12-20-2010
CPU & Memory the `lssrc' command is what you seek

- in AIX, the `lssrc' command gives status of services (which are dubbed "system resources" in AIX parlance) ;

- to go directly to the source , follow the link below :

IBM Help System

hth,

good luck, and success !

alexandre botao
<< botao {dot} org >>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Aix - Service Pack

I've recently installed ServicePack1 for Tecnology_Level 9 of AIX 5.2 . The result of installation is "OK" but with oslevel -s i dont see the service pack installed .... after many research i try (with many luck!!) instfix -i|grep SP and the result : All filesets for 5200-08-01_SP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BabylonRocker
1 Replies

2. Linux

Ftp Service /process Status

:confused: Hi Can anyone tell me how to check the FTP process status in linux . eg,I'm ftpping some files from "A" server to "B" server through FTP command , after ftpping these files , I 'm suppose to delete the files which are successfully ftpped from "A" server ,but when I 'm checking the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GaneshB
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

Monitor Service Status

Hey guys how do you determined the status of a certain service if its running or not aside from using ps. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbn
0 Replies

4. Solaris

How can i know service status in solaris8,9?

How can i know service status and its dependencies in solaris 8,9? Thanks in advance.. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
2 Replies

5. AIX

AIX Service Packs

Can anyone out there let me know what is the *common* Technology Level and Service Pack that everyone is at? I am at 5300-06-04-0748 on all of my LPARs. Also- does anyone have any guidelinies to rolling out new TL and Sps? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

#service --status-all : screen flickering

hi there when i run #service --status-all or #service nfs status the screen flickers if i ssh from remote system than i dont have flickering on the remote nor that system. is it something to do with probably display configuration. ? and which file are the display setting... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dplinux
7 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

service exit status

what are the number for the exit status for command service and what does every number mean. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding service status on windows from Linux

Hi all, Please advise how do i find services status running on windows machines from Linux. =-===================== Some one developed a script use rsh command to find the status but it stopped working. rsh <Some IIS server Name> service -S < Windows Server name where service running>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashish_uiit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

script killing a process from service status output

Hello, can some please suggest a script, for killing the process PID. This are steps I am currently performing to kill the process. I cant user service splunk stop, to kill these processes, because of uid and gid mismatch for splunk user. # service splunk status Splunk status: splunkd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Show service status in dialog

Hello is it possible to show current status of service like cron with dialog ? something that show the output of service crond status in top of menu: dialog --title "Administrator" --menu "Please choose an option:" 20 55 10 \ 1 "Add New USER" \ 2 "List all user" \ 3 "Remove user" \ 4... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
6 Replies
WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)						 1					       WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)

win32_set_service_status - Update the service status

SYNOPSIS
bool win32_set_service_status (int $status, [int $checkpoint]) DESCRIPTION
Informs the SCM of the current status of a running service. This call is only valid for a running service process. PARAMETERS
o $status - The service status code, one of WIN32_SERVICE_RUNNING, WIN32_SERVICE_STOPPED, WIN32_SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, WIN32_SER- VICE_START_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSED. o $checkpoint - The checkpoint value the service increments periodically to report its progress during a lengthy start, stop, pause, or continue operation. For example, the service should increment this value as it completes each step of its initialization when it is start- ing up. The $checkpoint is only valid when the $status is one of WIN32_SERVICE_STOP_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_START_PENDING, WIN32_SERVICE_CONTINUE_PENDING or WIN32_SERVICE_PAUSE_PENDING. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success, FALSE if there is a problem with the parameters or a Win32 Error Code on failure. SEE ALSO
win32_start_service_ctrl_dispatcher(3), Win32Service Service Status Constants. PHP Documentation Group WIN32_SET_SERVICE_STATUS(3)