Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compiling with debugger flag -g fixes SEGfault (fortran90) Post 302481529 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of December 2010 08:25:20 PM
Old 12-17-2010
Yep, that's why it's best to remain wary of segfaults that just "go away". Something'd probably still be wrong somewhere. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Linux] How Do I Run Until Segfault

Hello, sorry if this has been posted before but i was wondering if there is a way to run a program until a segmentation fault is found. Currently i'm using a simple shell script which runs my program 100 times, sleeps 1 second because srand(time(0)) is dependent on seconds. Is there a possible... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aslambilal
1 Replies

2. Programming

how to avoid the segfault from Address 0x1cd00000103 out of bounds

After allocating memory for some variables, segfault is often to happen, due to the same reason: Address 0x1cd00000103 out of bounds It is welcome to recommend some treatments. Thanks e.g. is_done = 0x1cd00000103 <Address 0x1cd00000103 out of bounds>, hood = 0x23c00000247, c =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdbug
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Working around netscape 4.9 segfault on Solaris 8

We have a Solaris 8 server which users login to via VNC to get a desktop. On that desktop these users use Netscape Communicator 4.9 to access a very important mail account. Unfortunately Netscape has started segfaulting regularly. Does anyone have any ideas how I can try to find out what point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aussieos
1 Replies

4. Programming

2 Problems: Segfault on ctrl+c and syslog() prob

1. Even if i have the handles for ctrl+c it gives off a segfault 2. syslog doesn't log LOG_ERR event with log masked specified or non specified, it logs LOG_WARNING however... #include <sys/types.h> /* include this before any other sys headers */ #include <sys/stat.h> #include <fcntl.h>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james2432
2 Replies

5. Programming

id3lib SEGFAULT

Hello everyone, I'm writing a program using the id3lib unfortunately I've encountered with memory issue that cause segmentation fault. I tried to rerun and analyze the program with valgrind but it doesn't point me anywhere. I really stuck on this one. Valgrind output: ==14716== Invalid read of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: errb
2 Replies

6. Programming

Is Drive Valid Segfault

I have a program that allows users to specify the debug log file location and name. I have tried using the access() and stat() but they both segfault if the drive say (d:\) is invalid. Both seem to be fine if the drive exists. Could someone please point me in the direction to a function that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robfwauk
1 Replies

7. Programming

Alternative debugger to GNU insight debugger

GNU insight debugger is not available now a days and it is required to debug/inspect assembly code as written in the book Assembly Language Programming step by step in Linux so my question is; is there any alternative to insight that I can use instead of insight in which I can get the same... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vectrum
5 Replies

8. Programming

segfault in pointer to string program

hello all, my question is not about How code can be rewritten, i just wanna know even though i am not using read only memory of C (i have declared str) why this function gives me segfault :wall:and the other code executes comfortably though both code uses same pointer arithmetic. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zius_oram
4 Replies

9. Programming

String array iteration causing segfault

I am populating an array of string and print it. But it going in infinite loop and causing segfault. char Name = { "yahoo", "rediff", "facebook", NULL }; main(int argc, char* argv) { int j = 0; ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
7 Replies

10. Programming

Segfault When Parsing Delimiters In C

Another project, another bump in the road and another chance to learn. I've been trying to open gzipped files and parse data from them and hit a snag. I have data in gzips with a place followed by an ip or ip range sort of like this: Some place:x.x.x.x-x.x.x.x I was able to modify some code... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
6 Replies
Tcl_WrongNumArgs(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					       Tcl_WrongNumArgs(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_WrongNumArgs - generate standard error message for wrong number of arguments SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_WrongNumArgs(interp, objc, objv, message) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp interp (in) Interpreter in which error will be reported: error message gets stored in its result object. int objc (in) Number of leading arguments from objv to include in error message. Tcl_Obj *const objv[] (in) Arguments to command that had the wrong number of arguments. const char *message (in) Additional error information to print after leading arguments from objv. This typically gives the acceptable syntax of the command. This argument may be NULL. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_WrongNumArgs is a utility procedure that is invoked by command procedures when they discover that they have received the wrong number of arguments. Tcl_WrongNumArgs generates a standard error message and stores it in the result object of interp. The message includes the objc initial elements of objv plus message. For example, if objv consists of the values foo and bar, objc is 1, and message is "fileName count" then interp's result object will be set to the following string: wrong # args: should be "foo fileName count" If objc is 2, the result will be set to the following string: wrong # args: should be "foo bar fileName count" Objc is usually 1, but may be 2 or more for commands like string and the Tk widget commands, which use the first argument as a subcommand. Some of the objects in the objv array may be abbreviations for a subcommand. The command Tcl_GetIndexFromObj will convert the abbreviated string object into an indexObject. If an error occurs in the parsing of the subcommand we would like to use the full subcommand name rather than the abbreviation. If the Tcl_WrongNumArgs command finds any indexObjects in the objv array it will use the full subcommand name in the error message instead of the abbreviated name that was originally passed in. Using the above example, let us assume that bar is actually an abbreviation for barfly and the object is now an indexObject because it was passed to Tcl_GetIndexFromObj. In this case the error message would be: wrong # args: should be "foo barfly fileName count" SEE ALSO
Tcl_GetIndexFromObj KEYWORDS
command, error message, wrong number of arguments Tcl 8.0 Tcl_WrongNumArgs(3)