Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find the number of files older than 1 day from a dir Post 302480914 by NARESH1302 on Thursday 16th of December 2010 06:15:16 AM
Old 12-16-2010
I just ran the command to test it (removing -mtime +1 option), failed.
Code:
find /home/npradhan/naresh -type f -name "*.csv" -exec "ls -lrt" {} \;
find: ls -lrt: No such file or directory
find: ls -lrt: No such file or directory

Last edited by Scott; 12-16-2010 at 08:17 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting / finding files older than X days missess a day

Hi When trying to find and delete files which are, say, 1 day, the find command misses a day. Please refer the following example. xxxd$ find . -type f -ctime +1 -exec ls -ltr {} \; total 64 -rw-rw-r-- 1 oracle xxxd 81 Apr 30 11:25 ./ful_cfg_tmp_20080429_7.dat -rw-rw-r-- 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: guruparan18
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to move files of particular day from one dir to another dir

Hi, I have hundered's of files of the name CMP_PORT_IN_P200903271623042437_20090328122430_err.xml in error directory of todays date ie 20090328 and in the file name 5th field specifies date only now i want to move all files of 20090328 to another directory i.e reprocess directory. So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

A script to find dir, delete files in, and then del dir?

Hello!! I have directories from 2008, with files in them. I want to create a script that will find the directoried from 2008 (example directory: drwxr-xr-x 2 isplan users 1024 Nov 21 2008 FILES_112108), delete the files within those directories and then delete the directories... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH - Find paths of multiple files in CC (dir and sub-dir))

Dear Members, I have a list of xml files like abc.xml.table prq.xml.table ... .. . in a txt file. Now I have to search the file(s) in all directories and sub-directories and print the full path of file in a output txt file. Please help me with the script or command to do so. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yoodit
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

List files older that 7 days in a dir, excluding all subdirs

Hi, I would like to list all files, older than 7 days, in a directory, but exclude all subdirectories in the find command. If I use find . -type f -mtime +7 all files in the subdirs are also included. How can I exclude them? Regards, JW (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwbijl
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How archive the older than 30 day files to another unix server

I need to archive the older than 30 day file to another uinx server.I have wrote the below uinx script. for LOOK_DIR in /TempFiles do for FILE in `find ${LOOK_DIR} -mtime -30 -exec ls {} \;` do echo ${FILE} >> file_list ## This file will have the list of files copied and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: murari83.ds
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp - 1 day older files count

Need to write a shell script on AIX box which will connect to different servers using SFTP and get the file count of only 1 day older files. (purging list) How to achieve this? On local server we can use: find <path> -type f -mtime +1 But how to do it in case of SFTP? Please advise. Thanks... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vegasluxor
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find processes older than 1 day

// AIX 6.1 I need to extract PIDs of ps -ef |grep /usr/lib/lpd/pio | awk '{print $2}' ps -ef |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh | awk '{print $2}' that are older than 1 day. I know find . -type f -mtime +1, but it doesn't work for PIDs. Please let me know how to get the PIDs older than... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep files older than 1 day

I thought that this would work for grep'ing files older than 1 day. ps -o etime,pid,user,args -e|awk '/^+-/'|sort -t- -n -k 1,1 |grep qdaemon |grep /usr/bin/ksh But, it is not grep'ing any of files (i.e. below) older than 1 day. d_prod 33757970 61999560 0 Oct 27 - 0:00... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
8 Replies
FAXCRON(8)						      System Manager's Manual							FAXCRON(8)

NAME
faxcron - HylaFAX routine maintenance script SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/faxcron [ -n ] [ -l lastrun ] DESCRIPTION
faxcron is a command script that does routine upkeep tasks in a HylaFAX spooling directory hierarchy. This script is intended to be invoked from cron(8) on behalf of the fax user (often the ``fax'' user is uucp) once a day, with the standard output sent by mail to the HylaFAX administrator. For example, the following crontab might be set up for the fax user: 25 23 * * * sh /usr/sbin/faxcron | mail FaxMaster The faxcron script does the following work: o report statistics for facsimile transmitted since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile transmitted in the past week. o report statistics for facsimile received since the last time faxcron was run. o report statistics for facsimile received in the past week. o report any recent calls that failed suspiciously and return the associated trace log; o purge data that is 30 days or older from the remote machine information directory; o delete information that is 30 days or older from session trace log files; o remove files from the tmp directory that are older than 1 day; o remove files in the received facsimile queue that are 7 days or older; o report sites that are currently having jobs rejected; and o force all session log files to be owned by the fax user and kept with protection mode 644. OPTIONS
-n Forces faxcron to run without updating any files. -l lastrun Forces the notion of the last time that faxcron was run to be lastrun. The value of lastrun is a date and time string of the form ``MM/DD/YY HH:MM'' (the date(1) format string ``%D %H:%M''). -info n Set the expiration time for data in the info database to be n days. -log n Set the expiration time for session log data to be n days. -rcv n Set the expiration time for files in the received facsimile queue to be n days. -tmp n Set the expiration time for files in the tmp directory to be n days. -mode m Set the file protection mode for session logs to m (a command line argument to chmod(1)). NOTES
This script requires nawk(1) or gawk(1) and a date (1) program that supports the ``+format'' option. If session logs are to be kept private this script must be modified to filter out sensitive information such as calling card numbers. (It should also be run with ``-mode 0600'' so that session log files are not publicly readable.) FILES
/var/spool/hylafax spooling area /var/spool/hylafax/status/lastrun timestamp of last run /usr/sbin/xferfaxstats for generating transmit statistics /usr/sbin/recvstats for generating receive statistics /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxcronXXXX temporary file for truncating session logs /var/spool/hylafax/tmp/faxlogXXXX temporary file for logs of failed calls SEE ALSO
cron(8), faxq(8), faxgetty(8), faxsend(8), xferfaxstats(8), recvstats(8), hylafax-server(5) May 12, 1996 FAXCRON(8)